Yep, my co-worker seriously just said this to me

Options

Replies

• audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    It's so hard not to be rude to people like this. grrrr!!
  • manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    We went to the beach with one of my husbands co-workers and his family the other day, and it was my first time meeting his wife. About 3 minutes after introducing ourselves, she asked me when the baby is due. I'm not pregnant. I just don't understand why people feel the need to say anything at all, ever. If the food isn't going into his mouth, he needs to keep his thoughts to himself. It's not affecting him in the least. If you don't know a woman is pregnant or not, don't say anything. People just appall me sometimes.
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    negative people such as him are no good ... you doing good ... keep it up ... i got a couple of co workers like that also ...
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Just be pleasant and tell him you are happy with your healthy choices.

You won't change him, and you do want a pleasant working environment.

He probably thinks he was being pleasant, and if he is told you are happy eating healthy food, may believe you and not bother you. If he is just a jerk, you won't change him, and it will be up to you to make your working environment pleasant to you, so a kind response is still the way to go in my opinion.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Some people just never get it.. He thinks you are hot and wants you to think he is as well.. let it go.. his lifestyle will get him in the end
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    What an idiot!
  • How do I put this gently? I have an annoying as hell co-worker. He always has a comment to say about everything, knows everything and he consistently eats out at least twice a day.
    This morning, I was eating my snack, which consisted of egg whites and a slice of turkey bacon. In comes co-worker literally looking like he's about to grab my breakfast. After he has just downed a Bojangles biscuit. He says, well Jenny I know you used to be a heavy weight but you don't have to eat healthy like that all the time, just look at me. I tried really hard not to laugh and I just smiled at him. I wanted to say, have you heard of "skinnyfat" because yes, even though he is thin, i can assure you he is by no means "healthy" Oh and did I mention he was heading to Burger King for lunch?? haha

I just have to laugh at the ignorance of people sometimes :laugh:

I can actually top this - my coworker who was up for gastro told me "you should try to get a gastro - it will make it so much easier" ...

Oh wait I forgot mention that he weighs at least 200 lbs more than me lol...

So erm ya ... some ppl are just a-holes and need to be ignored...
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    mentally kick him in his skinny fat balls :laugh:
    [/quote]

^^^^LOVE THIS!! lmao :bigsmile:
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    No kidding!

Also ,are those your pugs? Amg!
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's related to Rick Santorum. What a boob.

You are the boob.
  • miclavd21
    Options
    He must've heard the Original Chicken Sandwich is buy one, get one free right now. ;)
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    LOL Just let him know that just because he is skinny doesn't mean he HAS to eat poo.
  • nabia2012
    Options
    Hi Jenny, I can understand how annoying that is. I was reading an experience about a young lady that was thin most of her life, she ate pizza, hamburgers etc... and remained thin as a rail and was quite healthy, however, when her family kept feeding her head with if you don't stop eating like that you will gain weight, she actually started gaining weight because she started believing them. I know many of us know people that eat everything underneath the sun and don't gain a pound I have a cousin like that. It's because they never think that food makes them fat. Its not food, food is just a tool we use to give us energy and help our bodies to obtain the nutrients it needs. When food is used in the correct context for our bodies technically we can eat anything we want and never gain weight. Unfortunately, the diet industry thrives off people believing that they are fat so that they can make money off every diet known to man when moderation and movement is the key. Back in the day people worked in the fields after a big meal now a days we site behind computers to get things done. It's just about changing our thinking and using our tool which is food and our bodies in the correct manner. Our thinking has been misguided by money hungry corporations and the medical industry that's why we always think we need to lose weight instead all we really need to do is use our tools better. Just be thankful that you are working on your tool and ignore his rants because you cannot do bad to others without it coming back to you just as you have delt it out. Take care. Stay motivated and mentally healthy.
  • Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have one of those co-workers. He isn't as bad as yours but he thinks he knows why water is wet. We will keep you going in the right direction..he can keep his burger king and unhealthy ways.
  • stephensmith0929
    Options
    send him a message from www.annoyingcoworker.com Funny website!! you will find something suitable!!!
  • paule123
    Options
    I have an aquintance that drinks heavily and lost weight basically consuming alchohol and eating very little. It works for weight loss but the liver damage and etc will come home to roost. I wanted to maintain a lifestyle that is going to be paying dividends throughout my life . There is something very nice about knowing that you are taking care of your body. also I have noticed a general sense of welness that is also emotional.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I deal with this at my work ALL the time!! I always get comments about how I eat so healthy and that I should enjoy a cheeseburger once in a while (which I do, thank you very much), but these comments come from the people who order out EVERY single day: pizza, chinese food, Burger King, etc, and then complain about how AWFUL they feel after lunch and how they don't understand how they've gained 50 lbs in the past 6 months. Really?? I just ignore them and shake my head.
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Do we work together? Hm. Sounds like the butt I work with....

Me to, I work with a but hole also.

Guess what I did ? My coworker is tall and thin but also skinny fat. He takes pride in being slim and brags about wearing a size 34 in pants. Anyway I had my BF device with me at work the other day . I asked him to try it out because I wanted to see how accurate it was. My BF is 22 %. His BF was 20%. He went on line and found out that 20% is pretty high for a man and now he is freaking out!! LOL !!
    I suggested he lift weights.
  • bnaile
    bnaile Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    He will probably drop dead of heart attack soon.
  • mindfulone
    mindfulone Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Just know that what you have taken on is so much bigger than he is and that at some point in life he may not always be able to eat this way, life has crazy little ways of catching up to you when you least expect it and it will come back to bite him in his maybe not so skinny tush..... you are doing a great job and it seems to be eating at him jst a little bite by bite...