BUMP
  • RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tessacline
    tessacline Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pinterest is where I get most of my clean eating recipes. Just pinned 100 days of clean crockpot meals. check it out!
  • charmcnab
    charmcnab Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Pinterest is where I get most of my clean eating recipes. Just pinned 100 days of clean crockpot meals. check it out!

What is your user name on pinterest...would love to see wha tyou have pinned
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    THinking about eating more clean. My schedule is kind of crazy and am interested in some crockpot recipes so they will be ready by the time I get home.

I will most likely use brown rice or whole wheat pasta as part of my main dish.. but would like some recipes using fresh (or frozen if I have to) veggies & meats --with low sodium sauces or lots of spices.

Any or all recipes would be appreciated!! :)

Eat Clean Slow Cooker Recipe
    Spicy Lemon-Turmeric Chicken and Vegetables
    Serves: 6

* 1 tablespoon ground cumin
    * 1 tablespoon paprika
    * 1 tablespoons turmeric
    * 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    * 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, plus more to taste
    * 1 whole lemon
    * One 3 1/2 pound free-range broiler/ fryer chicken skinned and trimmed of excess fat, rinsed and patted dry
    * 1 large onion, chopped
    * 5 cloves garlic, chopped
    * 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
    * 1 pound carrots, chopped
    * 2 red bell peppers, chopped
    * 1 can (14 ounces) fire roasted crushed tomatoes
    * 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil

1. In a small bowl, mix together the cumin, paprika, turmeric, cayenne pepper and salt. Add the juice from one whole lemon (reserving the lemon rind) and mix well.

2. Using your hands, apply the spice mixture generously all over the inside and outside of the bird. Stuff the cavity of the chicken with half of the onions, half of the garlic and half of the cilantro.

3. Place the remaining onions, garlic and cilantro in the bottom of a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker. Add the carrots, bell pepper and crushed tomatoes. Stir in the extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt to taste. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables. Cover and cook on low for about 7 hours or on high for approximately 4 hours, or until the meat pulls easily away from the bones.

Serve warm.:smile:
    thanks

http://www.stacymakescents.com/100-days-of-no-processed-meals-crock-pot-style

Here's what comes up with Google for healthier Crockpot meals... you can see if anything sounds appealing.:flowerforyou:
  • breeZrizi
    breeZrizi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump bump
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    bump! LOVE new crockpot recipes! :)
  • erinh52098
    erinh52098 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bumo
  • rhonnik
    rhonnik Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bunjijk
    bunjijk Posts: 44
    Options
    bump
  • MissB0949
    MissB0949 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Green chicken chili

Chicken breasts
    salsa verde
    chopped green chiles
    chicken broth
    navy beans
  • hismommy2
    hismommy2 Posts: 40
    Options
    I love my crockpot!!! Here is the easiest low fat BBQ chicken recipe. 3 ingredients!

Shredded BBQ Chicken

2 pounds boneless chicken breast (I use 1 package of Tyson which is about 2 lbs)
    1 (18 oz) of your favorite BBQ sauce - I like Sweet Baby Rays
    1/2 onion chopped

Combine into crockpot on low for 6 hours. After about 6 hours, you should be able to easily shred the chicken. Then let cook for another 1-2 hours on low, or until chicken is nice and tender.

This is great on a low carb wrap, bun, or even just plain. Add a veggie and you have a great meal.

****There are also low sugar and light BBQ sauce options.

***This recipe can be doubled. I make a huge batch on the weekend to have easy dinners ready, and then I freeze the extras.

Enjoy!

That's what I'm talking about lol. Easy!!
  • JudieJudes
    JudieJudes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Easiest and tasty chicken.

4-5 Chicken Breast and top with salsa.
    Cook on low for 6 hours....

You can eat it plain or put it over brown rice. Yum...

(Variations include - a cup of black beans or other veggies...)

Sounds really easy and healthy ... thanks for sharing.

jjx
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Clean Eating Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken

(Makes 4 servings)

Ingredients:
    2 large chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
    1 (12 ounce) jar of your favorite clean salsa
    4 small raw zucchini, halved, quartered, then sliced (shredding works too)
    1/4 medium, fresh pineapple

Directions:
    1.Turn on slow cooker to the low setting and put in the chicken and salsa. Cook for about 4-6 hours. Slow cookers vary, so base the time on that. The chicken should fall apart easily when finished.
    2.Shred the chicken using two forks and mix in your raw zucchini and fresh pineapple.

Nutritional Content:
    (Data is for 1/4 of the recipe)

Please note: I was surprised to find that this dish was so high in sodium. Most of the sodium in this recipe comes from the salsa. If this is an issue for you, find a clean, low sodium salsa and this will magically become a lower sodium dish!

Calories: 151
    Total Fat: 2 gm
    Cholesterol: 57 mg
    Carbohydrates: 13 gm
    Sodium: 889 mg
    Protein: 22 gm

Please Note: Nutritional information estimated at MyFitnessPal.com. Data may not be accurate and is subject to the availability of specific foods in their database. Where one ingredient is not listed, substitutions must be used. Therefore, you should not refer to this data as being exact. It’s more of a ballpark figure. The Gracious Pantry does not take responsibility for the inadequacies of the nutrition calculator used. This data is provided as a courtesy and general reference only. It is not exact.
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Go to allrecipes.com its just fab loads of different ideas,crockpot best invention ever!!!
    THinking about eating more clean. My schedule is kind of crazy and am interested in some crockpot recipes so they will be ready by the time I get home.

I will most likely use brown rice or whole wheat pasta as part of my main dish.. but would like some recipes using fresh (or frozen if I have to) veggies & meats --with low sodium sauces or lots of spices.

Any or all recipes would be appreciated!! :)
  • Theresastratton
    Options
    bump
  • gottabedone
    gottabedone Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I <3 my crockpot! Bumping for ideas!
  • wacarr
    wacarr Posts: 25
    Options
    Bump. Thank you all. I have no idea how to cook. I am still learning. And using the crock pot is a good way for me to avoid burning things :)
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    bump