• lisa0913
    lisa0913 Posts: 22
    bump
  • IECdispatcher
    IECdispatcher Posts: 43 Member
    bump
  • mnm424
    mnm424 Posts: 259 Member
    bump I've been wanting to use my crokpot for a loooong time but I'm always scared it will burn either the food or the house down... lmao
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    This one is easy and I've served it to others several times and everyone really likes it

Lentil Soup (serves 8)
    Throw all of this stuff in the crock pot in the morning. Turn it on low for 8+ hours (sometimes I do more than 8 hours and it’s always been fine)
    3 Raw Carrots Chopped
    3 Stalks of Celery - Chopped
    1 Onion - Chopped
    2 Cloves of Garlic - Diced
    2 C lentils (rinsed) (I've used whatever the cheapest bulk lentils I could find at Sprouts)
    64oz of Vegetable broth
    1 can of diced tomatoes (I prefer the Rotel with Habanero so that it has some spice, I didn’t think the jalapeno ones had enough spice but I may be crazy) OPTIONAL
    3 Russet potatoes (small or medium) – OPTIONAL (I often add these for bulk)

About 15 minutes before serving add:
    1.5 Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar
    2 cups Kale (or other green like Spinach or Collard Greens)
    Salt & pepper to taste (the recipe I had told me to add it to the crockpot in the beginning and gave me a measurement. I don't tend to add any at all, but if I feel as if it's needed, I just add a little per serving)

Fixed this over the weekend. YUM!

Will replace the lentils with a small amount of ground beef (1/2 - 3/4 #) next time and then add some cooked rice. The rest of the recipe I'll leave the same but will give me another great recipe that is still easy and yummy! :)
  • MissingPixies
    MissingPixies Posts: 316 Member
    Bump
  • bama6977
    bama6977 Posts: 71 Member
    bump later
  • celtic0ne
    celtic0ne Posts: 216 Member
    bump
  • anitasongs
    anitasongs Posts: 129 Member
    Great recipe...bump
  • MicheleWE
    MicheleWE Posts: 179 Member
    bump I love trying new recipes.
  • Lilly421
    Lilly421 Posts: 3 Member
    bump - can't wait to try:smile:
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Duuuude! I just started crock potting today! :D I brought a small one into work with me this evening and put half of a raw sweet potato with some leftover black beans (pre made) in one tin foil "pack," and fresh, raw kale and raw portobello mushrooms (chopped) in another pack, plugged it in and let it cook until lunch time! Absolute BEST hot lunch I have had at work in a long freaking time! It was perfect! Anything you can microwave, you can crockpot cook. :) I'm gonna start putting mixed veggies into aluminum foil "packs" like this all the time and steaming/cooking them daily! You don't have to make a stew or a soup with your crockpot. The sky is the freaking limit!
  • MissyPoo2013
    MissyPoo2013 Posts: 190 Member
    Bump.
  • leeroxboro
    leeroxboro Posts: 142 Member
    Not EXACTLY ready when you get home, but close:

Chicken Noodle Soup

1 (approx. 2 lb) package boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 to 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
    2 to 3 cups sliced celery
    2 to 3 cups sliced carrots
    2 tbs poultry seasoning (I use the grocery store brand)
    salt and pepper to taste
    noodles

Cut chicken to bit sized pieces. Place all ingredients in crock pot. Generously cover with water (chicken broth might be better, but I just use plain water). Cook on slow 7 to 8 hours (longer is okay if you don't get home in exactly 8 hours).

When you get home, pour soup in a pot, bring to a boil, add noodles and boil until noodles are done. Sometimes I add a cup of noodles, sometimes more or less, depending on what kind of mood I'm in...Sometimes I don't add any noodles at all!!

A lot of times, I cut the ingredients and mix in a bowl, cover with water and some ice and leave in the fridge overnight so the next morning all I have to do is dump them in the crockpot and turn it on.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    BUMP
  • bump
  • leeroxboro
    leeroxboro Posts: 142 Member
    Duuuude! I just started crock potting today! :D I brought a small one into work with me this evening and put half of a raw sweet potato with some leftover black beans (pre made) in one tin foil "pack," and fresh, raw kale and raw portobello mushrooms (chopped) in another pack, plugged it in and let it cook until lunch time! Absolute BEST hot lunch I have had at work in a long freaking time! It was perfect! Anything you can microwave, you can crockpot cook. :) I'm gonna start putting mixed veggies into aluminum foil "packs" like this all the time and steaming/cooking them daily! You don't have to make a stew or a soup with your crockpot. The sky is the freaking limit!

Never thought about the tin foil pack thing...what a neat idea!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • MelodyinGa
    MelodyinGa Posts: 202 Member
    bump
  • Bibianna2012
    Bibianna2012 Posts: 88 Member
    bump
  • bex0178
    bex0178 Posts: 25 Member
    bump