Clean Eating---Crockpot recipes???

Replies

• mtabh
    mtabh Posts: 128 Member
    Saving for later
  • Bump
  • rosesigil
    rosesigil Posts: 105 Member
    This one is easy and I've served it to others several times and everyone really likes it

Lentil Soup (serves 8)
    Throw all of this stuff in the crock pot in the morning. Turn it on low for 8+ hours (sometimes I do more than 8 hours and it’s always been fine)
    3 Raw Carrots Chopped
    3 Stalks of Celery - Chopped
    1 Onion - Chopped
    2 Cloves of Garlic - Diced
    2 C lentils (rinsed) (I've used whatever the cheapest bulk lentils I could find at Sprouts)
    64oz of Vegetable broth
    1 can of diced tomatoes (I prefer the Rotel with Habanero so that it has some spice, I didn’t think the jalapeno ones had enough spice but I may be crazy) OPTIONAL
    3 Russet potatoes (small or medium) – OPTIONAL (I often add these for bulk)

About 15 minutes before serving add:
    1.5 Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar
    2 cups Kale (or other green like Spinach or Collard Greens)
    Salt & pepper to taste (the recipe I had told me to add it to the crockpot in the beginning and gave me a measurement. I don't tend to add any at all, but if I feel as if it's needed, I just add a little per serving)

This looks great--are the lentils dry when you put them in? Or canned?
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    I totally agree with the two people that suggested Gracious Pantry!!! She has a wonderful site and is always helpful if you ask a question: http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/category/slow-cooker-recipes/

I have made the Crockpot Meatloaf twice and it is REALLY good... http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-slow-cooker-meatloaf/

Clean Eating Slow Cooker Meatloaf
    (Makes 18 servings) ...*** I made mine 8 servings and it was still low cal= 357 ***

Ingredients
    3 lb. lean ground turkey
    1 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
    1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (or 1/2 cup grated)
    1 tsp. poultry seasoning
    1 tbsp. onion powder
    1 tbsp. garlic powder
    2 medium carrots, grated
    Salt to taste

Directions

Step 1 – Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well using your hands to knead.

Step 2 – Lightly spray your slow cooker with a bit of olive oil and place the meat inside, molding it into a meatloaf form. (My slow cooker was a 5 quart.)

Step 3 – Press your fingers between the meat and the edge of the slow cooker to bring the meat a finger’s width away from the side of you insert. So basically, you are creating about a 1/2 inch space around the edge of the meat so that the sides of the meatloaf don’t touch the sides of the slow cooker.

Step 4 – Cook on Low for 8-10 hours. Slice into 18 pieces and serve with sweet potatoes and a vegetable for a complete, comfort food meal.

Eat and Enjoy!

Nutritional Content
    1 serving = 1/18 of the entire recipe.

Note: This data will be lower if you use ground turkey breast.

Calories: 146
    Total Fat: 8 gm
    Saturated Fats: 3 gm
    Trans Fats: 0 gm
    Cholesterol: 65 mg
    Sodium: 167 mg
    Carbohydrates: 2 gm
    Dietary fiber: 0 gm
    Sugars: 1 gm
    Protein: 16 gm
    Estimated Glycemic Load: 1

Nutritional Information estimated at Nutritiondata.com. Data may not be accurate.
  • obored1
    obored1 Posts: 32 Member
    many of these look great, thanks everyone
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 276 Member
    A lot of nice looking recipes, but you need to be careful, if you're wanting to eat clean, it's best to not opt for processsed foods (example: cream of whatever soup, ranch dressing packets, etc.) Here is a great article to point you in the right direction... http://macrobiotic.about.com/od/menuplanning/a/DetoxificationProtocol.htm
  • megweg1
    megweg1 Posts: 8 Member
    The December issue of prevention has some nice crock oohing crock pot recipes. Also hannafod's has some great ones.
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    :)
  • bump
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    I'm bumping for reference- thanks for contributing!:love:
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Bump
  • Get120
    Get120 Posts: 56
    saving for later!!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Bump
  • Here is a good website to look at www.crock-pot.com/recipes. There are some really good ideas on here.
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Bump
  • Bump
  • francis904
    francis904 Posts: 79 Member
    Bump
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    bump
  • teresa0331
    teresa0331 Posts: 14 Member
    bump
  • Very good point! I avoid processed food (sauces, season mixes and premade foods) as much as possible. There are recipes on the web for popular crockpot items like Cream Of....soup, Onion Soup Mix (dry). Aside for preservatives you can control the sodium as well.