Who is working to be fit at fourty

Options

Replies

• aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I had my birthday on Feb. 3rd. 44 years old. 40 is the new 20.
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Is working to be fit in his forties
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I started this little journey of mine almost 2 years ago after I turned 39 and realized that 40 was just over the horizon! So, you are not alone!
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    46 here and reached my goal and working hard on muscle;-) wanna rock this decade and many to come;-)
    Your not alone;-) I feel better about my body at this age, moreso, then other years:-)
  • PhilipHall
    PhilipHall Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and started eating healthy and cycling at the beginning of last year. By the time I turned 41 I had lost about 35 lbs. I let things slide a bit over Thanksgiving and Christmas but have adjusted my diet and am working on getting back into exercising 4 days a week. My goal is to drop another 35 lbs this year. My 40's and the rest of my life will be spent trying to get and keep a body with about 15% BF.
  • bszkaradnik
    bszkaradnik Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    this is definitely part of my motivation - long way to go, put off starting for way too long, but hopeful and planning to make a good dent by the time that milestone rolls around in a couple years. forty in and of itself doesn't really bother me mentally, but i want to be in a better place and that seems like a good mark to aim for.
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 next May also, and I would like to be at or around my goal weight by then. I started on MFP last November, but wasn't serious about exercising and tracking until January 5th. Feel free to add me so we can be fit at forty together!
  • creeklady
    Options
    Past 40 in the blink of an eye, now work'n hard at 54! to loose the weight I gained and to get back in shape before hitting 60! But the good news is muscle knows no age, it's just how bad do you want to be healthy and in shape as we age. I wish I was smart to get on my getting fit and healthy journey in my 40's! pretty sure it would be easier then instead of now! Good luck all!
  • Fionafive5
    Fionafive5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I get it totally! I have a little over one more year to go and am working to being stable by that point as well. It is one heck of a journey and I'd be happy to cheer you on!
  • southofmadness
    southofmadness Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Well **** ..too late to be fit by 40..im striving to be fit by 41.( August ) =]
  • trixirn
    trixirn Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I will be forty this september, doesn't seem possible, and yes, I would love to be fit and slim at 40!
  • precious_waves
    precious_waves Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well I passed the 40 mark and now working on the fit at 41 (in August). I had to radiate my thyroid 2 years ago and let me tell ya that has been a struggle and a half. I am bound and determined to get FIT and stay that way no matter the cost.
  • momie2lisa
    Options
    I will be 40 in june....But I am taking my time loosing this weight....Wanna be friends???:happy:
  • redmichelle67
    redmichelle67 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    little pat 40 but I feel like Im 30 ,.,,,,,Good Luck ,,
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Well **** ..too late to be fit by 40..im striving to be fit by 41.( August ) =]

came here to say this! I was fat at 40, will be fit at 42...July
  • harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I started at 40. Does that count.
    Me too
  • loulou2006
    loulou2006 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    same boat....will be 39 this coming May and then the big four O the next May.....I need to be fit and healthy when 40 hits or i fear it won't be pretty :)
  • tina9988
    tina9988 Posts: 369
    Options
    I'll be hitting 40 in June! I hope to lose another 30 lbs by then! Bring it on 40, I ain't scared!
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    How about fit and FIFTY!!

I had a baby at 43, now I am 46 rapidly approaching the big 5 Ohhhhhh, and I am in as good of shape if not better than I was in high school.

I do not weigh what I want, but physically and athletically I am prime!!

Age is only a number not an excuse :)

I agree.... age is only a number. Exercise is the fountain of youth.
  • gatorpdx
    gatorpdx Posts: 25
    Options
    Yes! 40 in October.... looking forward to rewarding myself with some birthday cake :)