Piercings & Gauges... Like them, hate them, or have them?

Options
iPlugs
iPlugs Posts: 16 Member
I've seen a lot of tattoo threads... but what about piercings and gauges?

Personally, I've got size 0 gauges in my second ear piercing

Replies

• LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I just have my belly button pierced. Just another reason to lose some weight!
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Have my ears and togue pierced since I was 16 from my gothic phase. My hubby loves the tongue piercing. "wink"
  • 2hungariangirls
    Options
    I had my belly button pierced years and years ago. I was much smaller before kids. Now, I'm glad I don't have it anymore. No piercings (other than my ears) and no gauges. I don't like them.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i want a 00 taint plug
  • simplyblessed5
    simplyblessed5 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand gauges. My oldest daughter did that when she was 18 and it drove me insane. She finally took them out thank God but now her holes can't hold regular earrings.

I have my ears pierced normally. Nothing else though. I'd love to do a nose ring with a tiny diamond stud but I'm not sure I could wear it at the hospital, so I haven't done it yet.
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Honestly, hate the gauges. Not judging, and I don't think any less of people who have them, but I personally can't stand them. And, in all honesty, if someone takes it too far and has massive gauges and multiple piercings all over their face, I have a hard time even looking at them, forget about having a conversation.

Just personal preference. :)
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Reasonable piercings are okay. I'd say no more than 2 on the face and 3-4 per ear. I personally think gauges are gross, but I know plastic surgeons are making a killing repairing them now, so I guess it's all good.

I am covered in tattoos, which I know a lot of people think is gross too. It's all about personal choice.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I have four piercings, I got my first when I was 14 :] (Left side of my lip) I now have snakebites, left side of nose & septum :] I want more, but I have no idea what.

-- I used to want stretched ears, but I was scared of my lobes snapping.
    I can't stand stretched ears to a ridiculous size.
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    i've gauged my ears up to 00 three times now ... i've been gauging my ears since 02... i've had em out for 6 months now and i'm rocking some tiffany earrings in my 2nd hole since my gauged hole won't ever close up small enough for regular ol earrings.. the smallest it gets to is a 6ga.
  • sarah32lee
    sarah32lee Posts: 5,279 Member
    Options
    My 15 year old son has gauges I think there 1 in or however u measure them....They look ok as long as he dosent get them any bigger, which he wants to when he turns 18..
  • Piglet_26
    Options
    Love them all.

I have snake bites and ear piercings. Had plugs, belly button, nipple, tongue and gill pierced as well as my umm well ya know!!

Also have tattoos and will defo get more :)
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Used to have my eyebrow, nose, and tongue pierced...but I have a "real" job now, so that doesn't fly. They let me keep 10 gauge plugs in my ears. It's not much, but I'm thankful for that, at least.
  • burg1801
    burg1801 Posts: 124
    Options
    Love 'em.

Currently I have my lip ring and 0g star ear plugs.
  • Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have 2 per earlobe, both rooks, both tragus, upper left cartilage hoop..and a 3point spiral in my right ear cartilage. I LOVE piercings (ears only) but honestly not a fan of them on men..I, personally, would have more except now I work in a professional job :(
  • iPlugs
    iPlugs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I always find it interesting how many people dislike gauges. I think it's a culture thing? That, and I know that sometimes people just can't stand the idea of looking through someone's ears.

Nothing will ever be more amusing, though, than my 83 year old boss finding out at our Christmas party (while she was a little tipsy) that the holes in my ears were a lot bigger than she thought.
  • WorkoutMaine
    Options
    My first was my septum then nips, ears, brow, tragus, and tongue. Now I have kids and just have my ears pierced. 2 in left ear 14g.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I always find it interesting how many people dislike gauges. I think it's a culture thing? That, and I know that sometimes people just can't stand the idea of looking through someone's ears.

Nothing will ever be more amusing, though, than my 83 year old boss finding out at our Christmas party (while she was a little tipsy) that the holes in my ears were a lot bigger than she thought.

I don't hate them, I really like them & think they can be really cute, just not when they're so big you can fit your fist through them.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    In high school I had 00 gauges in my first piercing, 6s in my second. I had a third set of holes. Plus 2 cartilage piercings.
    Got two more before college started.
    I got rid of the gauges and had 7 rings in the left ear with 3 in the right.
    got rid of 3 in the left, got a snug and daith in the left.
    Got an industrial in the right, got rid of it.
    got rid of the snug.
    got a tragus in my right ear, still have it.
    had my belly button done twice (two holes in my belly at the same time)
    and both my nipples.

Now I have 3 in each lobe, one cartilage in the left, daith in left, tragus in right.
    I want my rook done in another 5 pounds or so.

I miss my gauges sometimes, my friends used to stick pencils through my ear in high school while I was trying to do my physics homework during lunch
  • tnrown87
    tnrown87 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have my left nip pierced, after I reach my goal, I am going to do the other side...matter of fact just did this like a week and half ago. Ha! :drinker:
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I've got 3 holes in each ear, my nose, tongue and belly button.

I used to have gauges, took them out though as I was horrible at taking care of them.