Piercings & Gauges... Like them, hate them, or have them?

Options

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    i have a dermal anchor in my wrist...

my ears pierced (i did stretch when at uni)

belly button pierced at the lower naval

:)

I'm always weird about dermal anchors. I heard that people have a hard time with them sometimes because of rejection and that the body tends to eventually push them out? (That may sound stupid, I could be confused)

actual dermal punches reject less than needle earrings...(we all know how disgusting piercing guns are lol)...dermals also take a LONG time to set. I recommend getting it done with a biopsy needle as apposed to a normal piercing needle were they lift the skin...hurts way less, and the healing time is faster. Plus it looks clean and healthy right away instead of red and swollen. I have one in my chest because I've had 4 biopsies in the last year to test for cancer, I figure the 5th biopsy should leave a pretty diamond behind.

I also have 00gauge rings, that's a big as I want them. I have an industrial, conch, rook, nose, vaginal hood and nipple pierced.

I use to have my other nipple and a parallel industrial but they both rejected. And I took out my second holes to make room for my gauges, and my cartlidge piercings to make room for my industrial.

I'm covered in tattoos, I love them, AND I work in a highly successful office. But i do admit that i wear clothing to cover my tattoos. And my piercings are noticeable only if you look closely.

My teacher always said that competence equals deviance...and I'm very good at what I do for a living.
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Snake bite, conch on my right ear, and my ears are at a 10? I love them on guys too. I am a piercing and tattoos kind of girl. :drinker:
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Quoting: [/quote] I try to be respectful cuz it aint my body so it aint my business! My mom hated all my piercings (called them vulgar) and dislikes my 2 tattoos [/quote] >>>>>

Same here, as far as respectful. Your body, your decision.

My Grandmother who was like a mom was the one who gave me my first ear piercing at age 4. I got the upper ones done as a teen as a rite of passage thing. No one ever criticized me for them, but I have an elderly relative in another branch of my family who told me her mother said all piercings were for "gypsy's and *kitten*" when she pierced her own ears standardly when she was young in the early fifties.
  • nalfavi
    nalfavi Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    thee ear piercings in one ear, two in the other, labret, tongue, and 0 gauges in the ears. Getting some horn hangers for them too, I love the look of them :)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ERWB5Q/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details

are the ones. Should get them in the mail sometime this week. Also have a shield on my upper ear piercing, was this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003XJO9YI/ref=oh_o06_s00_i00_details

I want to get these hangers for my gauges, they're SO gorgeous, and they're bone!

http://www.amazon.com/Ornate-Organic-Natural-Hanger-Dangle/dp/B0063HUHFM/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=ICHF1Y5ZIDJKM&colid=19EIN6K12XFUS

Wouldn't mind these either, because I love peacocks.

http://www.amazon.com/Peacock-Hanging-Organic-Tribal-Ornate/dp/B006MA7UJ6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I5TZ0YPYBDEYC&colid=19EIN6K12XFUS

I've also had three lip piercings, and my eyebrow, as well as my septum. I think I want to get the septum redone, because I love the look of it. Also want to get my nipples. Debating a piercing 'down there' as well, but, iunno.
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry but i just dont understand what would make a person want to put a hole in thier genitalia........ maybe because im a guy? i dont know........ but that just sends shivers down the spine.

i did have my ear pierced back in middle school. i think i wore a 10 guage hoop.
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    I'm very accepting.. I just don't like HUGE plugs, that creeps me out having big ol holes in your ears
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I have both lobes and my lower helix. I'm planning on adding my rook and/or tragus, and possibly cartilage. :bigsmile:
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    like em & have em
  • sglider12
    Options
    I used to have 4ga gauges in my ears. I had to remove them though in order to get into the air force. They are much smaller now. :(
  • beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My ears are gagued at 2. They were at 0 but my boss had issues with them so I shrunk them back down. They look less upsetting especially when I want to wear dangle earrings instead of my plugs
  • beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry but i just dont understand what would make a person want to put a hole in thier genitalia........ maybe because im a guy? i dont know........ but that just sends shivers down the spine.

i did have my ear pierced back in middle school. i think i wore a 10 guage hoop.

I contemplated it for a while... mostly for just he shock factor but I would never have the guts to go thru with it... LOL
  • Lizziecx3
    Options
    I love piercings and tattoos! I don't have any tattoos yet but I have my lip pierced and 6 piercings in each ear including my first lobe holes which are stretched to 0g (I have to say something..i hate when people call stretched ears "gauges" as that isn't the correct term at all. gauge is a way of measuring wire/pipe/jewelery.) I plan on getting my nose pierced soon.

I don't like when people have loads of facial piercings or if their body is just covered in tattoos...ear piercings I think can be really nice up to about 10 piercings per ear though lol.
  • CollegeGirl19
    Options
    I have two piercings per lobe, a rook in my right ear, an industrial in my left, and I just got my bellybutton done for the second time (nearly ripped it out the first). Next piercing is going to be a conch, if I ever get around to it.

I love tattoos as well! I have an owl on the right side of my ribcage and hopefully this weekend my boyfriend and I will be getting matching infinity signs on our wrists. :)
  • adm511
    adm511 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have the left side of my nose pierced. Size 0 gauges in my ears. Also have tons of tattoos. They kind of go hand in hand to me. I like the way they look all together.(:
  • cinderellataylor
    Options
    I have my belly button done like two years ago.. was not small then and not small but smaller now... I LOVE IT :):love:
  • iPlugs
    iPlugs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The fact is when you take the jewelery out the hole that is left is gonna look like an *kitten*. I think that is my main objection, the idea to deliberately permanently change your body to make an artificial bum hole in your ear is nice?

I snipped that a bit. We call that particular phenomenon "cat butt ears."

Also, this doesn't happen to everyone. It depends on the size that you stretch to, and, more importantly, whether or not if you stretch them correctly. If you do it too quickly, this is fairly common. My naked ears do not look like an *kitten*. I'm betting I'm not the only one on here whose don't.
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I have my belly button pierced (I've had it done for about 7 years now, and super excited to be skinny to show it off) I recently started gauging my ears again, I went to a 6 before, and that's where I'm at now. I plan on going to a 2 for sure, maybe a bit bigger, but I want them to be able to shrink someday.

I also have a second piercing on my ears, right above the first, and then both of my tragus'. I want to get my snug done for sure.
  • laughingatchu630
    laughingatchu630 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love piercings and tattoos! I used to have my ears gauged 7/16 and three holes in my earlobe and two cartilage piercings in both ears. I've also had my nose, eyebrow, tongue, belly button, and monroe pierced. Now I only have my microdermal anti eyebrow and my tongue ring. I also have a half sleeve of a black swirl design with three skulls and a tattoo on the inside of my lip that says lovely. I used to love all of my piercings but my son would try to grab them so I ended up taking most of them out. I no longer have my gauges either because no matter how I cleaned them I felt like they smelled bad. I plan on getting another half sleeve and a double side nostril piercing once I hit my goal weight.
  • 1981simm
    1981simm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Never wanted piercings but my husband is a piercer at the local tattoo shop and since our marriage I've gotten my labret and a surface piercing in my cheek I thought about a dermal but the surface one was a better choice for me
  • solskinnzombie
    solskinnzombie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    1/2 inch gauges, and i love them. I dont intend on stretching further. Second ear piercing and a lip ring. ;) i personally like pietcing, gauges, and tattoos though i know they arent for everyone.