Piercings & Gauges... Like them, hate them, or have them?

Options

Replies

• polarbear1775
    polarbear1775 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Without the ornamentation gauges look like a worn out ballon knot
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Without the ornamentation gauges look like a worn out ballon knot

Lol, no one likes the look of lobes that have gone all catsassed. Thats why you keep em in :)
  • hippiebombshell
    Options
    super sexy - my boyfriend used to have them stretched to 1s and i always thought it was crazy hot. i even think the holes from when he took them out are pretty cute, haha. i would like to stretch mine a little once i've lost the weight, and get my belly-button pierced as well!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    since I am at work, I can't google the names of these different piercings, but I'm SO SO curious. Some of the names are obvious, like I can imagine a "Marilyn" is a beauty spot on your upper lip, right? But some of these names are mystifying me.

Can anyone translate these piercing terms for me?

Industrial?
    Tragus?
    Conch?

there were tons of others mentioned that I was unsure of......

TIA :)
  • glitterpiss
    Options
    since I am at work, I can't google the names of these different piercings, but I'm SO SO curious. Some of the names are obvious, like I can imagine a "Marilyn" is a beauty spot on your upper lip, right? But some of these names are mystifying me.

Industrial?
    Tragus?
    Conch?

Here is a diagram: http://tinypic.com/r/9vh1xl/5
  • Tmarinari
    Options
    I have my ears, nose and tongue at the moment. will be getting my belly done again. and I am also getting a 8 ring corsette done on my lower back sometime this year. Just need to tone up a bit more and get my back tattoo finished first.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

Industrial?
    Tragus?
    Conch?

Here is a diagram: http://tinypic.com/r/9vh1xl/5

Thanks :ohwell: my work computer hates that link too......oh well, I'll check it out when I get home. Thanks anyway :flowerforyou:
  • jenga727
    jenga727 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Ive got my ears gauged fairly small! Wanting to go bigger! I also have a second piercing in my ears and an industrial! I have my belly button, and tongue done and just got my nose pierced!! :)
  • Shellyyy7928
    Shellyyy7928 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I had my ears stretched to a 0 a couple years back, took them out for some reason and never put them back in. Thinking about doing them again, or getting a different piercing but not sure yet
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    I got my ears pierced at 17 and i was pretty much done from there.
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Don't mind piercings in normal locations, but I think they can be overdone (especially like 4 in each earlobe and noses and lips) and the overdone ones along with gauges scream "Hey, look, I'm going to be self-employed someday!" since they turn many employers off from the first impression.

Yea that. Or "I'm going to have a job with a nametag."

I think it looks ridiculous. I don't really care since it's not my body but if you intentionally go out and make yourself look like a freak don't get all insulted and offended when it works and people think you look like a freak.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I have a 00g and a 16g in each earlobe, and a 10g tongue piercing. I stretched my lobes from 16g to 2g in about 6 weeks all by myself, some people thought I was crazy. Over time, they have gotten bigger on their own, moved up in size when the flare plugs started sliding out in my sleep. Now at 00g, they seen to be pretty set.

I have never had a smell issue except for when I first started doing it. Then I figured out that if you take them out every once in a while, they don't smell :P Gotta clean those bad boys!

Planning on nips if I ever get down in weight to get a reduction. Figure I won't be able to feel it anyway haha ;)
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I like piercings but not when there's a million all over your face. I think gauging is gross unless it's small :/
  • edith_t
    edith_t Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    i like piercings, but not gauges, i find them a bit scary
  • SkinnyShadow
    SkinnyShadow Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, it drives me crazy seeing them called "gauges" lol
    That's like saying, "I have millimeters."
    Gauge is the actual size they are.
    -sorry just a pet peeve lol

Anywho, I have 10 piercings: My ears are stretched to size 2, have second holes done, left tragus, right rook, lip, belly button, hip, and horizontal bar under my belly button.

Lmao - I was thinking the same thing the whole time while reading! "gauges gauges gauges" :p

I used to have my ears stretched, I can't remember what size, but it was large enough to stick my finger through. They've been closing for about 3 years now lol - I wanted a specific pair of diamond earrings... and I could only wear hoops through tunnels or hooks under.. so enough was enough. I have my diamond earrings now ;)
  • Neigh2012
    Neigh2012 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Piercings are great depending on where they are. I pierced my nose and my ears (3 in each ear lol) and I think I'll get my belly button pierced soon. I think there are really cute piercings, as well as really ugly ones. I like the fact that I can take them out if I don't want to see them too. Guages, I don't mind the looks, but it's just hard to fix once you've got them and it doesn't exactly look professional in most workplaces.
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options
    I have five piercings in ears and my nose is pierced.

I used to have my tongue pierced until one of my x's told me that he didn't like smooching with metal... go figure... took it out for love. :heart:
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i've got several piercings, and stretched lobes! most of my piercings are in my ears... multiple lobe, multiple helix, industrial, conch. Lobes are at 0ga currently, but my ultimate goal is 1/2 inch. i had previously gotten them to 7/16 inch, but one of the holes was really thin on the bottom because i stretched WAY too fast, so i took out my plugs and let them heal up for a few years. they shrunk up to about 6ga, and massage and patience got the one lobe thickened back up, so i'm stretching again -- this time, going to a professional piercer to have them tapered, and waiting 6 months between stretches :)

other piercings i have: labret, monroe, nostril, septum. i keep pretty small jewelry in. i think it suits me. i'm not all GARRR LOOK AT ALL THE METAL IN MY FACE YO.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    personally, I like it all. If you have the attitude, and can rock it...do it proudly!

I do have my preferences, I think guys tend to look better with stretched lobes than most women. Some women look better with a pierced eyebrow than some guys with one.

Also, I find that people who have piercings and tattoos are also more accepting of people as individuals, and they don't judge, assume or label others. Some of the most generous too.

Got 3 holes in each lobe, and one tat. More tats to come, and maybe some more piercings.
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Hi! I LOVE body modifications! I have 25 piercing's, my ear are stretched to a 00 I plan on going to a 1/2 inch!. Gauge refers to the size, its still just called a piercing c: I have four tattoo's but plan on getting a TON more, just kinda broke at the moment. I also do hair & mine is always crazy, its been every color in the book, its currently black & red and shaved on one side. Being creative & unique is awesome, even though I hear **** about it all the time