have YOU LOST WEIGHT with eating carbs still?

Options
have you lost weight with still eating WHOLE GRAIN carbs? as in not giving up the whole wheat/grains bread? brown rice?? would love to hear some feed back because apparently it seems as if people on here are telling me to give it up if i want to lose the last 8 ponunds of body fat

Replies

• EroseT23
    EroseT23 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs every day. Whole wheat breads and pastas and brown rice and of course oatmeal (favorite!) are always in my house. Recently, lots of wheat bran also. I've been doing just fine. :wink:
  • ZumbaBeast86
    Options
    I'm currently munching away on homemade almond butter granola. All the great carbs in the world in one bag. I eat carbs every day, and I've had a steady weight drop of 2-3 pounds per week.

I say YAY for carbs!
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I've done it both ways. Can be done.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    I eat lots of carbs. I am over halfway to my goal. Carbs are fuel and our bodies requires them.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    i've lost weight eating half a large papa gino's pizza
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Yep, I eat everything in moderation.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I eat bread, rice, pasta, beans, fruits, potatoes, well any carb I want.
    i eat them as part of a balanced menu and in moderation. I won't purposely cut an entire food group out of my choices.
    I believe in restraint,not restriction.
    I've gone from 230 pounds to 175 since Memorial Day 2011. I am 61 years old.
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I've lost all my weight without having to give up a thing (except soda because I was horribly addicted lol)
  • justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 13lbs since the beginning of this year and yes, I eat carbs!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I might not be the best example because I only lose about a pound a month, but I eat lots of carbs: fruit, cake, rice, bread, pizza, tortillas, crackers, occasionally pasta... beans are high in carbs too and I eat a lot of them. Come to think of it I'm not sure what I'd end up eating if I cut out carbs entirely.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    have you lost weight with still eating WHOLE GRAIN carbs? as in not giving up the whole wheat/grains bread? brown rice?? would love to hear some feed back because apparently it seems as if people on here are telling me to give it up if i want to lose the last 8 ponunds of body fat

I eat whole grain bread, everyday, it doesn't seem to have scuppered my weightloss.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeup! Carbs are not evil.
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Neither of the 3 main energy sources are bad. Low-carb is only sustainable if you're able to afford it/stick to it.
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    as long as you are staying within your calories alotted then it is not a huge deal how much carbs you eat.

if you are doing training for a sport or trying to get down to a very very low body fat percentage, you will want to have more control over your macros..

I lost 30-40 pounds in 6 months or so and did not try very hard to eat low carb.

but, you will find that most carbs are high in calories, so you end up cutting some out because of that.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Before I watched macros I was typically eating about 50% carbs and losing steadily. I got down to my last 10 lbs and cut carbs because I read the same thing. Gained weight, spent a year trying to figure why I was gaining and trying different methods to lose again. Threw together some trend charts based on my weight and macros, saw the trend lines of carbs vs weight and upped my carbs to 40% for now and will probably increase again, and now I'm finally losing weight again.

This isn't to say that higher carb ratios work for everyone. It's more to point out that there is no one answer, you're just going to have to try and see what works for you, your body/lifestyle, and your journey. If you make a change like that, you may get positive or negative results, just be prepared for either and the further adjustments you may have to make from there.

Congrats on your loss so far and good luck in hitting your goal!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything, I think I normally log around 200+ carbs per day, 100+ protein, fat varies from around 40-70 depending on the day. I know if I try to drop carbs it won't last for long and I'll just gain water weight right back, so I haven't bothered trying to do low-carb. Fairly 'normal' eating, with slightly better choices than before MFP and portion control, has worked out pretty well for me so far (*see ticker below). :-)
  • ashleigh1607
    Options
    Half of all of my meals are carbs,
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs all the time and dont limit them.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs. I've lost about 20 or so pounds in 3 months.
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    yes, absolutely