thanks for posting! sounds delicious!
  • emrys1976
    emrys1976 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    bump
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I'm bumping too! .................MFP........... we need to get these sites saved without bumping,.... click to save on our home page.....thanks in advance, lol!!!
  • kristinlien04
    kristinlien04 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bump...I need to try these!
  • anashar
    anashar Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • psmith_five
    psmith_five Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I think I might have done something wrong. I don't have an 8x8 dish so I used a 9x13. My brownies turned out kinda dry and not that sweet. I did realize I forgot to flour the pan after the nonstick spray but I didn't think that would effect the flavor. They did stick to the bottom. Anybody know what else I might have done wrong? "And NO jokes about a man messy up in the kitchen. I'm actually really good at cooking."
  • andreashawty100
    Options
    Do i have to put applesauce in it?
  • Prettylittledieter
    Options
    bump :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I think I will try it with Truvia. I won't do any artificial sweeteners.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I think I might have done something wrong. I don't have an 8x8 dish so I used a 9x13. My brownies turned out kinda dry and not that sweet. I did realize I forgot to flour the pan after the nonstick spray but I didn't think that would effect the flavor. They did stick to the bottom. Anybody know what else I might have done wrong? "And NO jokes about a man messy up in the kitchen. I'm actually really good at cooking."

For one thing, a 9X13 pan is twice the size of an 8X8 pan. You would have to double the recipe or cut the baking time in half. Try it again with the correct size pan. You'll be surprised.
  • rangomango
    rangomango Posts: 11
    Options
    bump! :)
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Here you go hun, I had it saved in my documents.

HUGE 40 Calorie Brownies

1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    3/4 cup liquid egg whites
    1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1 cup granulated sucralose** (for baking)
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    Pan spray

** You could try another sugar substitute, but I have not tried any and not sure what results would be.

Preheat the oven to 350º F. Spray an 8x8 inch pan with pan spray, dust with flour and tap out extra.

In a medium mixing bowl, using a whisk or spatula, mix the applesauce, vanilla, and egg whites until combined.

Add the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, salt and sucralose to a small bowl and stir to mix. Pour dry mixture into bowl with liquid mixture. Stir until it is just combined and no lumps remain. Pour it into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.

Remove from oven and put on a cooling rack for 5 minutes (after the 5 minutes, I turn them out onto the rack for quick cooling). As soon as they are completely cool, cut tic-tac-toe style and store in sandwich bags or in an airtight container. Makes 9 brownies.

This is a work in progress. These brownies taste good and have a wonderful texture. I will be trying different variations like adding some nuts or some rolled oats in the future. Use your imagination to adapt them to your liking.

Nutritional Info Per Serving
    Servings: 9

Calories: 40
    Total Fat: < 1 g
    Cholesterol: 0 mg
    Sodium: 114 mg
    Total Carbs: 13 g
    Dietary Fiber: >1 g
    Protein: 3 g

THIS!! I make these all the time.... obviously not the best brownies Ive had but pretty damn good for 40 calories (plus you get to eat 2 without a guilt trip)
  • HopeytheHopester
    HopeytheHopester Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    what is sucralose
  • HopeytheHopester
    HopeytheHopester Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    is it like powdered sugar. could u use powdered sugar istead
  • ls_brown
    ls_brown Posts: 1
    Options
    Sucralose is an artificial sweetener, like Splenda.
  • InTenn
    InTenn Posts: 99
    Options
    bumpity bum-pah in hopes my wife will notice.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I don't know what bump means, but I'm bumping this too!! I wanna make these!! Thanks!
  • valerieg78
    valerieg78 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    bump for future reference
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Bump