Down 12 pds!! South Beach Diet Rocks!!!

Options
Guys if you are seriously struggling to lose weight and you feel that you are doing things right with food/exercise but not seing any results...try the South Beach Diet. My doctor recommended it to me; I thought he was crazy!!! But I am down 12 pounds and I feel great! I immediately saw the results in my waist!

Replies

• rmchan
    rmchan Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Guys if you are seriously struggling to lose weight and you feel that you are doing things right with food/exercise but not seing any results...try the South Beach Diet. My doctor recommended it to me; I thought he was crazy!!! But I am down 12 pounds and I feel great! I immediately saw the results in my waist!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    It is a good regimen

I like their attitude towards sugar
  • aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    Wow, I was just looking for info on SBD! I have been tossing the idea around since simply eating clean and healthy doesn't seem to be doing it for me like it was the first few weeks. I have a long way to go and have stalled out. Granted, the past few weeks have been incredibly stressful and I know that is getting in my way.

I bought the sugar busters book and am going to start reading it today. I have read SBD a couple of times. I have some of the cookbooks as well. I just have never really been on a real "diet" and I don't like the idea so I've never tried anything like SBD.

So glad to hear that it's working well for you!!! Keep us posted please! 12 lb is wonderful!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Wow, I was just looking for info on SBD! I have been tossing the idea around since simply eating clean and healthy doesn't seem to be doing it for me like it was the first few weeks. I have a long way to go and have stalled out. Granted, the past few weeks have been incredibly stressful and I know that is getting in my way.

I bought the sugar busters book and am going to start reading it today. I have read SBD a couple of times. I have some of the cookbooks as well. I just have never really been on a real "diet" and I don't like the idea so I've never tried anything like SBD.

So glad to hear that it's working well for you!!! Keep us posted please! 12 lb is wonderful!

The Sugar Busters book will really open your eyes about sugar
    it sure did for me
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I have got my South Beach Diet book out and plan to start in the morning. My daughter is on it and has lost pretty good. Since I change my diet about every month I thought I would give this a try. Have had the book for ages. Might as well put it to used.
    caliecat
  • rmchan
    Options
    Seriously guys I have/had tried everything!! I used to teach aerobics, did several bike-a-thons, taught water aerobics, lifeguarded, taught swimming, kayaked, i currently play on a tennis team.. I was exercising 3-4 times a week , tossed the diet coke replaced it with water, watched my calorie intake and everyday when i would hit finish my log- it would tell me that i should lose so many pounds by a date..never happened i had lost 2 pds in 21/2 month.. i went to a hollistic, obgyn/surgeion and he did bloodwork- no diebetes, no thyroid problems...so he put me on progestrone...still no loss...went back and he told me that my body at this age just was not matabolising the carbs like they once did and that i needed to do south beach diet starting with phase 1----no sugar, no white anything, no fruit only lean cuts of meat, fat free cheese, lots of veggies,etc for the 2 weeks then move to phase 2 introducing back in fruits, and WHOLE GRAIN/Wheats not enriched! The first 5 days of phase 1 i lost 4 pds and my stomach was much smaller by the end of that week i was down 6 pds!! now i am in phase 2 and i am losing an average of 2 pds per week. I also have the cookbooks (great help) and the book.. the cool thing about this diet is it's great for your heart and it's something you can do long term..once you reach your goal you go on maintenance if you put some back on then switch to phase 1 or phase 2...do me a favor try it and let me know your results..but no varying the first 2 weeks...
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am goingg to give it my all.

Here's a question for Dave, I remember you said once that Subway Buns had way too many carbs for one sitting? I too found that out on a motor trip. My blood sugar spike way up. I am on insulin and I do have to watch my carbs. Do you watch your carbs?

will be checking in thu out the week

Thanks Rmchan for starting this thread.
  • rmchan
    Options
    Yeah Dave I do as well.. Also this diet was created for a healthy heart and for people with diabetes..which i have a lot of heart disease and diabetes in my family! I always enjoy your post- Thanks
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Rmchan, How long have you been on this diet? and I am a diabetic.

Caliecat
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning. I am ready to start my SBD this morning. Look like rain tho., will have to find something to keep my mind off food. Going to be making SF jello for sure. I am excited aout this. My Menu for today is : Breakfast:---- 1/2 c eggbeaters., 6 oz. of tomatoes juice
    snack---- string cheese
    Lunch----Gdrilled chicken. salad , jello
    Snack----cucumbers and laughing cow light
    Dinner----Fish, green beans, chopped salad.
    Snack---- ricotti cheese

Will have to go to store and pick up a few items.

Good luck to all who is trying to lose weight.

Callie
  • kitikat
    kitikat Posts: 15
    Options
    I have been doing SBD since feb 23 so i'm in phase 2. I have lost 11lbs so far. Remeber 1/2 cups veggies with breakfast and 2 cups each with lunch and dinner.For breakfast I still have a 1 egg omlet with a mix of veggies.(peppers.tomatoes,green onions and lots of spinach) :flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Kat---are you please with the diet? Is that what it boils down to/ 1/2 C vegies at breakfast and 2 c of veggies for the othere meals along with the lean meats.

Callie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I stuck by my plans today. And filled quite satisffy and slightly stuff. Haven't got my plans for tomorrow but will be close to what I had today. I have to eat the same thing over and over for my DH do not eat what I eat.To save on our grocer bill i just keep eating it till it is all gone. I got plenty of Jello SF made up today and a big chopped salad.so all I have to do is filled in with a lean meat and some frozen veggies. I did get some ricotti cheese but did not really care for it. But I will eat it. I like my yogurt better. Oh well I can stick it out for 2 weeks dthen I can have my yogurt. I love the greek yogurt with some slice strawberries. NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me know how you are doing this if you are following the SBD.

Marie
  • kitikat
    Options
    Kat---are you please with the diet? Is that what it boils down to/ 1/2 C vegies at breakfast and 2 c of veggies for the othere meals along with the lean meats.

Callie
    I am very satisfied with SBD. It's lost of veggies, lean meat(I only eat chicken breast) ,beans, good grains, fruits and dairy. Somedays I wish the weight loss was more but i'm eating healthier than i have in years and also my kids eating better. if i don't buy or cook bad stuff they do't get it. Don't get me wrong they do get treats yesterday i made some oameal raisin chocloate chip cookies . and last week i made dark chocolate fiber one cookies. It's just a better choice than store bought and not knowing what is in them.
    Also i say i spend more time in the kitchen preparing and cooking. But i love it.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Kat--- thanks for writing. I love my beans. especially Pinto beans. Can I have them on Phase 1 ?. I made it just fine on my first day. waiting for Sat to get here to WI
    Callie
  • kitikat
    Options
    yes you can have beans.
    Where in wis are you. I grew up in green bay. I moved to virginia when i was 18.:flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I live in Mesquite,Texas East of Dallas about 12 miles. We really say we are from Dallas. We have been in this house for 53 years. Just been out checking on our flowers and little garden . the rain we had yesterday was a happy thing.
    Oh boy I will get me some pinto soaking tonight and have them to eat. I am not a big meat eater..
    but do love my beans. Is there a limit on them?

Caliecat
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning, rmchan,kitkat and all the rest of you, I had a good day yesterday. 2 days in a row and my scales are moving down and that make me a Happy camper.

Kat thanks for all the information. I greatly appreciate it. I am going to cook some beans today. yummy.

Have a great day all
    Caaliecat
  • rmchan
    Options
    I thought this might help.. Keep me posted!!!
    below is some samples of what i ate...i would suggest buying a bag of chicken and cooking the entire bag to use throughout the week.. have any more questions; give me a hollar! Let me know how it works for you! It will amaze you but don't cheat and for some reason you do...get back on schedule!
    breakfast:
    1 egg scambled served over a slice of canadian bacon with slice of Borden Fat Free Cheese on top or
    1 egg with 2 slices of Oscar Mayer Turkey bacon

snack:
    2 tablespoons of red fat peanut butter on celery
    or 12 almonds or veggies with below dip

lunch:
    1/2 cup lima beans
    piece of chicken
    green beans
    or salad with black olives, cucumber, kraft fat free cheese, dressing (see recipe) with chicken
    recipe for dressing also great with veggies: 11/2 cups of nonfat plain yogurt with a pack of hidden valley ranch dressing seasoning
    dinner: a lean piece of meat, with either salad or veggies or a stir fry
    dessert: fat free/sugar free instant choc pudding prepared topped with sugar free cool whip with crushed nuts on top
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks rmchan.

I like your menu. That dressing sounds good. Will have to give it a try.
    How much weight have you lost now? I think I better run to the store and pick up some of the ranch dressing to mix up. I been eating a lot of chicken. but I have really miss my yogurt. Just seen where we can have the plain. I wonder about greek plain yogurt , that is my faverite I have already lost 2 lbs that I had gained last week. that make me a happy camper. Thanks ffor starting this thread. And thanks for your help.

Caliecat