Is anyone else sick of Facebook???

Options
124»

Replies

• wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Since starting MFP (again), I hardly ever get on FB.....just so much more to relate to on here!

i deactivated in january too, due to the constant stream of utterly purposeless garbage that was coming through. some people get annoyed that they have to send *an actual email* sharing events and stuff, but i figure if they can't go that far, they must not really be a friend. i love mfp b/c it has a theme, a purpose, everybody here has a reason to be here. facebook was so directionless and vast and vague.
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    Too many misunderstandings and nonsense comes out of it. It was good for sharing photo of events but thats about it. I switched to Timeline by mistake and it became such an eye sore so I've deactivated it! Yay. I'm not going back either and don't miss it.
  • BCKS
    BCKS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I see a whole lot of "drama" on this site, too. Just posting a cake recipe on here causes drama! It's everywhere. :noway:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I guess I've never seen the drama everyone says they've seen there. Maybe my friends and family are cool. If someone is a douche, I just block or delete them. I don't really hesitate or think about it, if they're an *kitten* hat I delete them. So, I don't get that drama stuff. I really want to see a break up. I've never seen one, but hear they're awesome to watch...kind of like watching a car chase. Lol.

I have hundreds of "friends" that are business people that are constantly pimping and selling themselves out. Man, it is annoying. But, now you can unsubscribe, but not unfriend them. So, they stay on my friends list, but I never see them posting. There are benefits to that. They have no idea, and you don't have to explain unfriending them, if you run into them on the street. I had to do that once, it was so stupid. This girl totally confronted me on why I unfriended her, instead of answering, I was like, "Are you serious right now? You really want to get into ths?"
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    If employers could google this site when considering hiring me I'd never get a job.
  • Moeblessings
    Options
    I'll have you know that because of this thread, I deleted facebook.

I will commit to staying off facebook for lent. That's my lent thing. I wasn't sure what to do and so I was going to skip it. But, now this came up and it's a perfect thing for me to do.

After lent, we'll see if I feel like I still need it.

Admitting you have a problem us the first step! Haha jk I'm sure after lent you'll see you don't really need it after all!
  • lexlowe
    lexlowe Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    YEESSS, I am so sick of FB, twitter, and so sick of the term 'social media' being given to every second website or app out there. Communication between people on the internet isn't something that was invented just a few years ago!

I still have an account, but I've whittled down my friend list and removed the 'people I have spoken to only once in my life and will never speak to again', removed the 'friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend' friends, and limited my FB friends to people who are only my actual real-life friends (<gasp> yes I'm a radical!!) and a few remote family members.
  • jwalker30
    jwalker30 Posts: 282
    Options
    I don't like Facebook. I look at it no more than once a day, & I try to only look if I have a message.

Honestly, that site has pissed me off way much more than its ever brought joy into my life.
  • Angelangi
    Angelangi Posts: 35
    Options
    I found my biological father on facebook (i was adopted), so i dont mind it too much.. yes, it is a pain in the *kitten*, loads of nosey people, lots of idiots etc.. , but for the reason of my natural father, i love it. :)
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I go to college 2 hours away from my boyfriend, 90 minutes away from my family, and 3 hours away from my best friend...so I need it.

I call my SO every day, but Facebook is way more convenient to stay in touch with everyone.
  • NZGeekGirl
    Options
    Lexlowe you're not actually alone there, my FB list, while still over 100, is only people I know in real life or a few genuine people I have met online and actually consider friends, I do play some games but mainly it's for staying in touch with friends and family I can't always see in real life. My security settings are pretty well locked down as well, it's the one place I do share photos and such like.

I am a Twitter addict, that account is open, that's where I like to meet people, however again, I only actually follow people I do communicate with and I'm making for of an effort to go meet some of these people in real life so again have made some new friends. Mind you in a small country like where I'm from that is a lot easier!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Lately I find it boring. I tend to check MFP more...lol
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Whenever I log on to Facebook I am brutally reminded that I lead a sad and reclusive life...lol. -.-
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I need my Facebook to check up on what's going down with my friends. You could say it helps determine what I will do today, tomorrow, or any day.
  • creative1981
    creative1981 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm really bored with it. Like others I keep it to check in with people I no longer live near but I'm rarely on it these days. I seem to have the same people post the same stuff every day too....I love you but I don't care if you've just hung your washing out again!