I am feeling bad about ordering pizza but...

Options
I am under my calories I excersiced today will it hurt me if I only ate couple slices??? I am feeling bad about ordering I just didn't had time to take any thing out.

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    last week i ate half a large pepperoni pizza with my hubby while we played video games ;) i was still hit my calorie goal, and everything was fine. no need to feel guilty
  • Dimplybutt
    Dimplybutt Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am under my calories I excersiced today will it hurt me if I only ate couple slices??? I am feeling bad about ordering I just didn't had time to take any thing out.

My son came home last night with a couple of pieces of Bacon Pizza remaining from when he ordered it at his buddies place and I treated myself to a fair sized piece and not only did I come in under my calorie goal still I also still lost a few ounces. Give yourself a break and some leeway with this kind of thing. If it makes you feel better look up the calories etc for the kind of pizza you are getting and see what you can safely have that will keep you under you calorie goal so you know ahead of time how many pieces you can 'safely' have. :smile:
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    last week i ate half a large pepperoni pizza with my hubby while we played video games ;) i was still hit my calorie goal, and everything was fine. no need to feel guilty

Thanks that kind of made me feel better I guess I have gotten worried about calories and food yea know.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options

My son came home last night with a couple of pieces of Bacon Pizza remaining from when he ordered it at his buddies place and I treated myself to a fair sized piece and not only did I come in under my calorie goal still I also still lost a few ounces. Give yourself a break and some leeway with this kind of thing. If it makes you feel better look up the calories etc for the kind of pizza you are getting and see what you can safely have that will keep you under you calorie goal so you know ahead of time how many pieces you can 'safely' have. :smile:

Well I logged the pizza in I am still under my calories pretty much.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Do you ever have spike days or meals? This Saturday my wife and I are going to order pizza for our spike day. We know we may go over on calories for the day, but we make sure we don't go overboard.

From my perspective, it's not a problem if done occasionally. And I've read many people with some level of credential say there are positive benefits to spike days.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I split a pizza with my husband at least once a week, ever week, since I started on here in December 2010.

You only feel guilty because people have demonized pizza as some horrible food you can never eat. You can have it, and you should enjoy it when you have it. Save guilt for moments you genuinely did something wrong, like if you're texting while driving and accidentally squish a bunny.
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    When I get pizza, I always order it with extra light cheese, and I only do veggies, usually comes in at around 200 a slice. And thin crust.

Although, it's a personal preference, I actually like it better that way, but I know most people prefer pepperoni and the like (which I don't personally care for much), and if that's what you like, then there's no sense in depriving yourself if you're still going to end up under your cals for the day.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I just had pizza tonight as a matter of fact... It fit in my macros and i never feel guilty about eating food that most on here call "bad"
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    No need to feel bad at all, if you hit your goal.
    Congrats on staying under still!! :D

This is a lifestyle change and the way I see it is, as long I'm around my calorie goal and hit my macro targets, I eat what I feel like eating. This naturally steers towards healthier foods or you'd end up using all your calories in 1 meal! It just means I'm happier as if I want those treats I can have them, and will still achieve my goals :drinker:
  • ginarrusso
    Options
    I usually eat one slice of pizza and a side salad. I fill the craving for the pizza and eat the salad to fill up a bit more.
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while, indulgences are fine. It was the indulgences that became daily duldrums that made us fat. I just had pizza yesterday and am guilt free! I figure, it will take 3,500 calories to lose one pound....so I ate 500 calories.....I set myself back by, what, a day? Who cares.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    There's no need to feel bad at all and I don't see why you should feel guilty.
    You should let yourself have these things from time to time. :) *hugs*
  • annemarief8
    Options
    I just had pizza tonight as a matter of fact... It fit in my macros and i never feel guilty about eating food that most on here call "bad"

I like your style! Getting sick of some sanctimonious crap lol! Calories out greater than calories in = weight loss. End Of. I understand health issues etc however it's not like you looking to use 1200 cals EVERY day on crap food now is it?! Everything in moderation!

Enjoy your pizza :-)
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    The only thing you should feel guilty about is making me think about pizza!!! Thanks for that! :laugh:
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options

I like your style! Getting sick of some sanctimonious crap lol! Calories out greater than calories in = weight loss. End Of. I understand health issues etc however it's not like you looking to use 1200 cals EVERY day on crap food now is it?! Everything in moderation!

Enjoy your pizza :-)

I like both of your style :happy:
  • pwillini84
    Options
    As a pizzaria owner, losing the weight of inactivity of 22 years, I can tell you the best way to enjoy pizza and still eat healthy!

1. Don't order from a chain, they use WAY TOO MUCH salt and the fat content of their meats and cheese would make your cringe.
    2. Order sliced roma tomatos instead of sauce. If they don't have basil and oregano to top it with before cooking, I'm sure you can find some at home to sprinkle on when you get it home.
    3. Order light cheese, 1/2 or less of the regular amount. Most places use the "heavy" industry standard and half of this more than covers adequately.
    4. If they have it, order fresh mozzerella instead of what they would normally put on top.
    5. Stick to veggies, but stay away from olives, artichokes (unless fresh), canned mushrooms or anything that comes out of a jar. These usually have too much sodium.
    6. Ask them to stretch a 10" dough into a 12" (size down into larger) It'll work, no matter how much they say it won't

If all that fails, follow the guidelines above and do it at home.

A 10" thin crust veggie pizza with tomatos, onions, mushrooms, green peppers and spinach, with 2 ounces of low fat mozzerella or fresh mozz will be tasty, and the whole pie should come in around 500 calories!
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    As a pizzaria owner, losing the weight of inactivity of 22 years, I can tell you the best way to enjoy pizza and still eat healthy!

1. Don't order from a chain, they use WAY TOO MUCH salt and the fat content of their meats and cheese would make your cringe.
    2. Order sliced roma tomatos instead of sauce. If they don't have basil and oregano to top it with before cooking, I'm sure you can find some at home to sprinkle on when you get it home.
    3. Order light cheese, 1/2 or less of the regular amount. Most places use the "heavy" industry standard and half of this more than covers adequately.
    4. If they have it, order fresh mozzerella instead of what they would normally put on top.
    5. Stick to veggies, but stay away from olives, artichokes (unless fresh), canned mushrooms or anything that comes out of a jar. These usually have too much sodium.
    6. Ask them to stretch a 10" dough into a 12" (size down into larger) It'll work, no matter how much they say it won't

If all that fails, follow the guidelines above and do it at home.

A 10" thin crust veggie pizza with tomatos, onions, mushrooms, green peppers and spinach, with 2 ounces of low fat mozzerella or fresh mozz will be tasty, and the whole pie should come in around 500 calories!

LOVE this!! Thank you for sharing!!
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Do you ever have spike days or meals? This Saturday my wife and I are going to order pizza for our spike day. We know we may go over on calories for the day, but we make sure we don't go overboard.

From my perspective, it's not a problem if done occasionally. And I've read many people with some level of credential say there are positive benefits to spike days.

I'm a huge proponent for spike days. Our bodies can get complacent, for sure. I've lost 53 pounds since March 9, 2011, and I've done it with one spike day every week. I figure I go over my calories by about 1,000 that day and oh well. By my calculations, that means that if I would not have had a spike day once per week, I would have lost about 15 more pounds by now. That's a fact. But what's also a fact is that if I hadn't given myself that spike day once per week, I wouldn't have stuck with it for a year. I've been down that road plenty of times.
  • allnewellie
    Options
    I agree with the other posters...

I order from a local shop that I've been in - they're clean and use ONLY fresh ingredients. Order a thin crust (or at least hand-tossed).

A hint my friend uses (but I haven't tried) is to put a little black pepper or spices on top - said she eats less because it's a little spicy. LOL
  • LoveAngie23
    Options

i'm the last person who should preach to anyone about pizza. i loooove pizza. just be careful though, my bf ordered a pizza the other night and after i had a few slices i looked up the calories and each slice was 400. ick.