I am feeling bad about ordering pizza but...

Options

Replies

• PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I had a nice 500 calorie slice of apple pie on Monday when I was sick and didn't feel like anything else, but the leftover pie. I indulged, stayed under and lost 2.6lbs at weigh in :)

A little indulgence won't hurt, just maintain control and enjoy!
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I haven't had pizza in such a long time. Maybe I'll sink my teeth into several slices over the weekend. Then hate myself afterwards. Yes... good plan.
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what you eat if you stay under your calories and get a healthy amount of exercise.

I just ate an ice cream sandwich, but I am under my calories and I burned 400 calories in exercise today.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    enjoy it! can't have a lifestyle change w/o enjoying your favs sometimes! my parents took me for mexican tonight and i haven't had it in almost a year. SO worth it!
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I am under my calories I excersiced today will it hurt me if I only ate couple slices??? I am feeling bad about ordering I just didn't had time to take any thing out.

i'm the last person who should preach to anyone about pizza. i loooove pizza. just be careful though, my bf ordered a pizza the other night and after i had a few slices i looked up the calories and each slice was 400. ick.

Well mines the same expect it's like 500 calories
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I:heart: pizza! What I do is eat very very lightly, exercise hard and then pig out on Pizza! If you have exercised and can afford the calories then have a slice or two.
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Oh heck no I try to eat good all the time but sometimes ya gotta do something diffrent. save the guilt for when you over eat. but if your still under cals' enjoy it.
  • Emsy2121
    Emsy2121 Posts: 10
    Options
    I split a pizza with my husband at least once a week, ever week, since I started on here in December 2010.

You only feel guilty because people have demonized pizza as some horrible food you can never eat. You can have it, and you should enjoy it when you have it. Save guilt for moments you genuinely did something wrong, like if you're texting while driving and accidentally squish a bunny.

I agree that pizza has been turned into an evil, evil food that must be avoided at all costs. I feel like the more I avoid it, the worse it will be. Don't worry about eating it every once in a while. And if it still bothers you, try making lil english muffin pizzas. I did that a few times and while it isn't the same thing, it's really good.

And I couldn't handle squishing a bunny :(
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It's okay to enjoy pizza every once in a while. Just as long as you aren't eating it every day, you'll be fine! No food is "bad" or "off-limits" in a healthy lifestyle.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    WOW, some people really don't read anything.

IF IT FITS INTO YOUR CALORIE & MACRONUTRIENT GOALS, EAT THAT *kitten*!

If you were to eat some
    dough
    tomato paste
    veggies
    meat
    bit of cheese

all seperately, would you suddenly have some mega guilt trip? (If so, then you've got issues :tongue:)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the question. The only thing I can think of is that your local pizzeria owner a very bad person and you hate the idea of him profiting off your hard earned money. In which case I would suggest ordering from an alternate pizzeria.
  • repoman150
    repoman150 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I split a pizza with my husband at least once a week, ever week, since I started on here in December 2010.

You only feel guilty because people have demonized pizza as some horrible food you can never eat. You can have it, and you should enjoy it when you have it. Save guilt for moments you genuinely did something wrong, like if you're texting while driving and accidentally squish a bunny.

Thats hillarious.....but true. I find myself feeling guilty, and definately have to get over that. I eat pizza AND chinese food every so often. Sometimes you need a break in the routine...and its good to throw the body off every now and then.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    all seperately, would you suddenly have some mega guilt trip? (If so, then you've got issues :tongue:)

Too many people seem to think that a "diet" means "punishing yourself for slothful and gluttonous sins." So if it's enjoyable, they think they can't eat it.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Have a slice or two and move on.
  • KCalmeyn
    KCalmeyn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love pizza and if I want some I have it. You shouldn't feel guilty about anything you enjoy eating. Don't deprive yourself of anything. That is why so many "diets" fail. This isn't a diet, it is a lifestyle change.

Enjoy!
  • WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Nope its not bad. THis is a lifestyle change, and if you want pizza, then have it. Depriving yourself might eventually lead to a binge. Just make sure you control your portions and log everything!
  • Dimplybutt
    Dimplybutt Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    As a pizzaria owner, losing the weight of inactivity of 22 years, I can tell you the best way to enjoy pizza and still eat healthy!

1. Don't order from a chain, they use WAY TOO MUCH salt and the fat content of their meats and cheese would make your cringe.
    2. Order sliced roma tomatos instead of sauce. If they don't have basil and oregano to top it with before cooking, I'm sure you can find some at home to sprinkle on when you get it home.
    3. Order light cheese, 1/2 or less of the regular amount. Most places use the "heavy" industry standard and half of this more than covers adequately.
    4. If they have it, order fresh mozzerella instead of what they would normally put on top.
    5. Stick to veggies, but stay away from olives, artichokes (unless fresh), canned mushrooms or anything that comes out of a jar. These usually have too much sodium.
    6. Ask them to stretch a 10" dough into a 12" (size down into larger) It'll work, no matter how much they say it won't

If all that fails, follow the guidelines above and do it at home.

A 10" thin crust veggie pizza with tomatos, onions, mushrooms, green peppers and spinach, with 2 ounces of low fat mozzerella or fresh mozz will be tasty, and the whole pie should come in around 500 calories!

Wow! Thanks for the advice AND for the order with the calorie count! That is so great! :)
  • Dimplybutt
    Options
    I am under my calories I excersiced today will it hurt me if I only ate couple slices??? I am feeling bad about ordering I just didn't had time to take any thing out.

My son came home last night with a couple of pieces of Bacon Pizza remaining from when he ordered it at his buddies place and I treated myself to a fair sized piece and not only did I come in under my calorie goal still I also still lost a few ounces. Give yourself a break and some leeway with this kind of thing. If it makes you feel better look up the calories etc for the kind of pizza you are getting and see what you can safely have that will keep you under you calorie goal so you know ahead of time how many pieces you can 'safely' have. :smile:

Well I logged the pizza in I am still under my calories pretty much.

Good job. :) Don't beat yourself up for allowing yourself a little indulge/treat now and again ... you are working hard to get yourself healthy, you deserve a little something-something now and again. It won't kill you and it probably won't even set you back.

You're doing awesome, don't ever forget that! ♥
  • Dimplybutt
    Options
    Save guilt for moments you genuinely did something wrong, like if you're texting while driving and accidentally squish a bunny.

Awwww, poor little bunny. :sad:

:wink:
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    You're preaching to the choir. I work at Pizza hut, and I usually pack a dinner and heat it in the oven, but sometimes I don't have time to run to the store or we're too busy and I end up eating pizza. Or others time, there are left overs and they're going to throw them away and I can't stand wasting food. One or two slices isn't that big of a deal. I try to eat only one slice and pair it with a salad. Also, thinner crusts are way better especially if you load it with lean meats and veggies. We all deserve a treat sometimes!