Your diary bores me.

Options

Replies

• susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I argue with strangers on the internet. It's carthatic and burns calories. You should see the definition in my typing fingers, yo.

I tried this but for some reason I was overtraining the middle one ...
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I saw an add for A Poll Dancing class. Should be a great upper body workout with possible career opportunities. LOL! :)
  • princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    How about hooping? I really want to try it! Been a long time since I had a hula hoop!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Not what I expected but a great idea, I want to be in on this post
  • okkit10
    okkit10 Posts: 6
    Options
    Try ballet beautiful, I got it about a month ago and have not yet had time to try it but it really looks great. Google ballet beautiful, they have a site so you can see what it is all about!
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    "Such-and-such burned 40,000 calories jogging their *kitten* off!"
    "Mr. Six-pack did an infinitely larger quantity of sit ups than you'll ever do-- for fun!"

C'mon guys, everybody's doing squats and lunges these days. JOGGING IS SO MAINSTREAM.

What are some fun, quirky, unorthodox, (semi)ridiculous, and especially NEW workouts for me to try?
    Most recently I've delved into belly dancing. It's kiiinda unique. Better than crunches and planks.

Lol! I never log jogging as my exercise because... I hate jogging and running. that's why I go for fun fitness classes that makes me lose weight effectively AND keep me burning thousands of calories!
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    How about Krav Maga? It's an Israeli self defense class.

My husband gets great cardio workouts from it while learning how to protect and defend himself in real world attack situations.
    And there are a lot of girls in his class so it's not just for dudes.
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I love Richard Simmons workouts!!

This^^^ I have 2 tapes and 3 dvds of Richard Simmons. You don't stay on one move long enough to get bored, and I have fun huffing and puffing the songs while I work. I also make work outs out of playing with my kids and walking (or being drug by) our new puppy. I mix it up by doing different dance, cardio, and strength training videos from my On Demand menu too.
  • PatasDeGallina
    PatasDeGallina Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I hula hoop. WHOOP WHOOP! It's giving me the waist I've never had.

I'M WAISTING AWAY!!!

:happy:

You want to see creative exercises, friend Micklespiffy. :wink:
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Pole dancing is quite the calorie burner I've heard. I would love to try that one...

omg me too

I don't think it's quite as much of a calorie burner as some studios claim (there are a lot of variables, e.g. whether you're sharing a pole, doing tricks, dancing continuously, etc.), but it is a good workout and a ton of fun.
  • Bentley2718
    Options
    I saw an add for A Poll Dancing class. Should be a great upper body workout with possible career opportunities. LOL! :)

It's a TON of abs also. Not so sure about the career opportunities though, they're kinda different skill sets.
  • Bentley2718
    Options
    I do a lot of traditional "boring" stuff, lifting, elliptical, bike, and yes, crunches, planks, etc.. I also do pole 3+ days a week, and hula hoop occasionally (lots of fun). I really don't mind the "boring" stuff, plus, it makes good cross-training for the fun stuff (pole).
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Apparently cleaning house is a popular workout?? So many people log the 3 min of sweeping or 12 min of laundry they did......and wow the burn is like 7 calories, enough for a stick of gum or two. If you did that for like 12 hours you could have icecream or something really good.
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Belly dancing. Definitely!

You'll discover muscle groups you never even knew existed. It's also one hell of a cardio workout. Loveitloveitloveit!! :love: And I can't wait till next fall when the only teacher in town comes back from maternity leave and starts up classes again :happy:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Run through the woods while pretending you're trying to escape from a t-rex. You can't get much more fun, quirky, unorthodox, (semi)ridiculous, and especially NEW than that.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I was told sex burns quite a few calories... go try that! lol:laugh:

Mr. Rabbit gets a lot of workout. He helps me burn calories :devil: :tongue: :heart: :heart: :heart:

btw: no man = mr rabbit
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Pole dancing is quite the calorie burner I've heard. I would love to try that one...

omg me too

^^Count me in!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I record my sexual activity, I know TMI, right! I do Zumba, but thats about as crazy as I get. I walk and exercise on a gazelle mostly.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Run through the woods while pretending you're trying to escape from a t-rex. You can't get much more fun, quirky, unorthodox, (semi)ridiculous, and especially NEW than that.

Pfft ... I am much more worried about the velociraptors and constantly practice escape routes.