Your diary bores me.

Options

Replies

• rbeatty63
    rbeatty63 Posts: 132
    Options
    Apparently cleaning house is a popular workout?? So many people log the 3 min of sweeping or 12 min of laundry they did......and wow the burn is like 7 calories, enough for a stick of gum or two. If you did that for like 12 hours you could have icecream or something really good.
    Check out the Livestrong website. I count housekeeping as a way to burn calories-scrubbing the tub and shower by hand is aerobic, sweeping and mopping is aerobic, dusting and bending counts. I am losing slowly, but steadily and I would rather clean house all day than to do traditional exercises; that bores me to tears. I'll walk all day if I am sightseeing or in a park, but just to burn calories, I know me, it will never happen. I am really happy for people who enjoy regular workouts, but there is room for everyone's style. I live in a big, old house that has lots of large rooms with 12 foot ceilings; using a broom to sweep cobwebs down from the ceiling isn't easy and neither is climbing a ladder to clean the woodwork and transoms.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Get a broom with a rag wrapped around the head, or a swiffer-type thing, and wash all of your walls and ceiling of every room of your house. rinse out the head frequently. And while you're at it, clean all your light fixtures and ceiling fans.
    Then get a good flat scrub brush and a bucket of hot soapy water. Get down on the floor and scrub your entire floor and the baseboards of every room of your house. Dump the water and refill for every room.
    Wipe down all doors, doorknobs and light switches.

Next day: clean blinds, take curtains down and launder them, wipe down every counter and table and their assorted lamps/appliances/decor items, clean windows, and strip the bedding and flip the mattresses if they need to be flipped. Vacuum mattresses and sofas.

Next day: vacuum out vehicles, collect all trash/recycling from vehicles, wipe out vehicle interiors.

Next day: clear out all your kitchen cupboards, fridge and freezer, wipe down interiors, wipe down all items going back in.

:-D
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    one of my MFPals goes horseback riding. not sure about the calorie expenditure but it always sounds like fun.
  • rbeatty63
    rbeatty63 Posts: 132
    Options
    Get a broom with a rag wrapped around the head, or a swiffer-type thing, and wash all of your walls and ceiling of every room of your house. rinse out the head frequently. And while you're at it, clean all your light fixtures and ceiling fans.
    Then get a good flat scrub brush and a bucket of hot soapy water. Get down on the floor and scrub your entire floor and the baseboards of every room of your house. Dump the water and refill for every room.
    Wipe down all doors, doorknobs and light switches.

Next day: clean blinds, take curtains down and launder them, wipe down every counter and table and their assorted lamps/appliances/decor items, clean windows, and strip the bedding and flip the mattresses if they need to be flipped. Vacuum mattresses and sofas.

Next day: vacuum out vehicles, collect all trash/recycling from vehicles, wipe out vehicle interiors.

Next day: clear out all your kitchen cupboards, fridge and freezer, wipe down interiors, wipe down all items going back in.

:-D
    Do you hire out for housekeeping? LOL My Dad is retired USN and I still have a copy of the base-housing white-glove inspection list that my Mom had to complete (with help from all of us kids) whenever Dad got a new duty station.
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Aww you don't like jogging? LOL

Sorry I'm a runner. It's what I like to do. But there are so many things you can do if you don't like the "main stream" try a class at the gym, I like Zumba and boot camp classes :D
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Cyclocross! :drinker:

Also, I just downloaded the new "Zombies, Run!" app for my iPhone and did it for the first time today. Man, I have been in such a workout rut for months, but that was hella fun. My boring 5 mile route suddenly became very exciting and extra challenging as I had to outrun a horde of zombies. :sick:
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Sex , Sex,and then when your worn out .. More Sex !:wink:
    I think that is called interval training!:noway:

or if you are really adventurous and active....CIRCUIT TRAINING
  • itsrierie
    itsrierie Posts: 28
    Options
    As soon as it comes out for Droid, I'm playing Zombies, Run! :D
  • CandaceyD
    CandaceyD Posts: 74
    Options
    I was told sex burns quite a few calories... go try that! lol:laugh:

I found out that that isn't in the database...You'll have to put it in!
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    POLE DANCING!!

Shake that *kitten* girl ;D
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You need new friends - even though lots of my friends run, i see some great descriptions of their runs that give me a giggle!
    (I'm boring though - my exercise entry from this morning reads: Run 6:59 30 minutes. Dull, I know!)
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options

Mr. Rabbit gets a lot of workout. He helps me burn calories :devil: :tongue: :heart: :heart: :heart:

btw: no man = mr rabbit

Mr. Rabbit's name is BoB -- battery operated boyfriend
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    For an intense ever-changing 12-20 min of your life every day of the week, try
    BODYROCK.TV

or

ZuzannaLight on Youtube

Your @ss will be sore for WEEKS! In 12 min!!!

Never a DuLL moment!
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned racquetball. It's so much fun that it's addictive, and it burns a ton of calories. Only catch is you have to find someone to play with you. Wish I had a partner. :grumble:
  • Shanda1987
    Options
  • Shanda1987
    Options
    Can you believe that don't have that as an option
  • pattan59801
    pattan59801 Posts: 142
    Options
    square dancing
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    "Such-and-such burned 40,000 calories jogging their *kitten* off!"
    "Mr. Six-pack did an infinitely larger quantity of sit ups than you'll ever do-- for fun!"

C'mon guys, everybody's doing squats and lunges these days. JOGGING IS SO MAINSTREAM.

What are some fun, quirky, unorthodox, (semi)ridiculous, and especially NEW workouts for me to try?
    Most recently I've delved into belly dancing. It's kiiinda unique. Better than crunches and planks.

Yes, I am a mainstream type of person, I like running, it burns lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of calores :)

how many calories? LOTS!!! :heart:
  • snewsome7
    snewsome7 Posts: 189
    Options
    Turbo Fire!
  • alphagirl82
    Options
    I'm pretty mundane Monday - Friday, alternating amongst yoga, weight training, spinning, and running.

Weekends are another story: Rock climbing, mountain climbing, snowshoeing, hiking, surfing (if on vacation)... anything that gets me outside! Snowshoeing is one that you could pick up without any experience or skill at all and is a huge calorie burn. Of course, you need snow. Not sure where you live but that's not a problem for me with Mount Rainier in my back yard!