Do u take ur shoes off before entering someone's home :-?

Options
Apt, flat, house, four walls,... Home is a home.

Do you take ur shoes off before entering someones home and do u ask others to do so?

I remove my footwear before entering my flat, anyone who comes by obliges me, tho i dont take my sneakers/sandals off if the person having me over obviously has no regard for this preference,...or the floor is too dirty :S

Replies

• Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I always take my shoes off both at home and at someone else's place. When I workout out inside though, I have clean running shoes that I wear.
  • seekingthepatienceofjob
    Options
    I do. Most people I know do not like people to walk in their house with shoes on.
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Only if they ask me to. Most people would say something about it before you walk in though.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Definitely do. It's a courtesy. Now, if I'm there at a party and I see everyone else with shoes on, I leave them on. If I'm the only one or I see shoes on a mat, they come off.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I do not unless asked, and I hope to not be asked...........I find it weird.....
  • achief192
    achief192 Posts: 192
    Options
    Yes! Always!
  • RunDottyRun
    Options
    Nope, not unless they ask. I've never known anyone who would rather bare feet than shoes! lol
  • MsBeautifullOne
    MsBeautifullOne Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I do....I was just raised that way

Plus it keeps their carpets clean
  • StrawberrySt
    Options
    I never take my shoes off, in my own home or someone elses. If it's a 'no shoes house' I will oblige of course, I'm not rude.

I have a really strange phobia of bare feet. I can't stand bare feet and will wear at least thongs (flip flops) everywhere. If I jump out of the shower, there are shoes ready for me to step into (after I've dried off of course!)

It's really weird I know but I think it's a mix of not knowing how dirty the floor is and not liking people looking at or touching my feet, especially the ground.

Strangely enough the primary school I went to was in the country and we never wore shoes at school. Maybe it started there?
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I do at my house, so I always assume/ask others if they want me to in their home.. I don't track dirt all over my house, I don't want to do it to theirs.
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I currently do because I live in South Korea and it's custom in Asian households (even though I live on an AF base and pretty much everyone here is American). Back in the States though whenever I would go to someone's house it really just depended on if someone asked me to take them off or if I just felt like it. Most people do tend to ask you to take them off if that's their preference though.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    We don't wear shoes in our home, so whenever I go to other people's homes, I do the same, unless they tell me that I don't need to.
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    no matter what, i always take my shoes off - in my home, or in someone else's. it's just polite! i get mad if people are in the house and don't take off their shoes, because it means i'll have to clean the floor after they leave :$
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I always take my shoes off. It's rude not to imo.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Was not raised to and for a great number of years did not, but then someone at work and I were talking about the "stuff" we walk through on the streets and how gross it was. She told me that her boots never enter the house, "Just think of all the people who piss in the alleys, do you really want to have that on your floors at home." Yhea I wear slippers inside the house and ask when I go to someones house if they want me to remove my shoes. I do not force my guest to remove their shoes, I know some people are uncomfortable with this.
  • MommyLyssa
    MommyLyssa Posts: 134
    Options
    I do whatever seems normal in that particular house. IF everyone is running around barefoot, well, then I will, too! And if everyone is wearing shoes, I will do that too. At home, we wear no shoes, but I always let people know I dont care either way, we just like being without shoes better :D
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I don't wear shoes at my own home. I don't expect people to do the same, some do and some don't.

Going to someone else's house, well, depends on the house. If it's a shoe free house, mine get taken off. If not, they stay on.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It depends on how my feet smell.
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Only if asked or if I notice a rug full of shoes next to the door and the owner of the house is walking around in socks lol
  • kdc0587
    kdc0587 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I always take my shoes off when entering my house. There's no need to have shoes on inside :D plus it helps from tracking dirt inside =) If I'm at someone's house, I usually take my shoes off as well...unless I'm only there for a sec.