Favorite high-protein snack?

Options

Replies

• cawleen
    cawleen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Where do you get Quest bars? What country? I order Harley Pasternack's 5 Factor bars
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for ways to keep myself from being hungry during the day. What's your favorite high-protein snack, or secret to keeping the hungries at bay?

Try Raw Seeds and Nuts
  • cindikhendrickson
    Options
    1. Low fat cottage cheese (1/2 cup) with 1/2 cup of edamame beans.

2. Boar's head chicken/turkey/roast beef thin sliced (2 slices) wrapped around a piece of string cheese.

3. Apple and 1 tablespoon of almond butter.

4. Egg whites in an Ezekiel 4:9 small tortilla.
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    *BUMP*
  • dsagaties1963
    Options
    thank you very much:smile:
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the egg muffin recipe - it looks great for a snack.

I just tried a recipe from a MFP friend and its heavenly: Melt a tablespoon of peanut butter and mix it with a carton of non-fat vanilla greek yogurt. Just like custard - it was easy and delicious. The facts: 225 calories, 8 grams fat, 20 grams protein. I used it at breakfast because it's a bit too high in calories for a snack.
    I am weird, I love peanuts but I don't like peanut butter. This combination you have here sounds good. I might try it.
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I like a boiled egg, greek yogurt with protein powder and stevia frozen (YUM!), cut up pieces of chicken in frank's red hot (like buffalo chicken bites but healthier!), plus I love me some protein shakes -->fave: vanilla almond milk, chocolate whey, scoop of peanut butter = ~230 calories :)
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    bump! always looking for protein ideas! thanks!
  • maru84
    maru84 Posts: 128
    Options
    Smoothie made with frozen fruit, some juice, and low fat cottage cheese. Watch the sodium on the cottage cheese- but for 80 calories in half a cup, you get 13 grams of protein.
  • adamsilva
    adamsilva Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, PB and Honey!!! very filling and yum!
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for ways to keep myself from being hungry during the day. What's your favorite high-protein snack, or secret to keeping the hungries at bay?

Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds--Dark Chocolate
    Dymatize Elite--Rich Vanilla Creme Whey/Casein Blend Protein
    Hardboiled Egg Whites
    Meat roll-ups (lunch meat spread with a TINY bit of hummus or cream cheese, spinach leaves, & rolled up)
    Get a rotisserie chicken...de-bone it (take all the meat off the bone)..weigh out 3 oz at a time, and store in plastic baggies in fridge.
    Peanut Butter (I use Adam's All Natural Creamy..it's just made with peanuts...no oils or salt or sugar) and apples, or celery, or baby carrots
    Greek Yogurt is an "essential" in my house!
  • myfirstapron
    Options
    Women's Health magazine recommended string cheese with a piece of prosciutto wrapped around it, especially as a low calorie, protein-based "appetizer" for when you are hungry before a meal. I used a slice of turkey instead. It worked, although I can see that it's not the best low-sodium option!
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I love Jack Links Beef Jerky Teriyaki
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese or ff greek yoghurt mixed with sf/ff pudding mix (add whey if want more protein)

cottage cheese + tuna can.

jerky

I make all sorts of high protein things from pb cups to bars, muffins, pancakes etc.
  • adamsilva
    adamsilva Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i really need to try making protein pancakes next hey. i guess thats notreally a snack hey...:ohwell:
  • goldilaks
    goldilaks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's turkey meatballs
    Hummus and veggies
  • michael300891
    Options
    If im going cinema or something like that then its a pack of beef jerky:

Energy - 1161 kJ/100g
    Energy - 274 kcal/100g
    Protein - 72.49g/100g
    Fat - 1.8g/100g

AMAZING :D
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    ALMONDSSS
    + natural peanut butter. Totally unfair that they're so fatty and calorie dense, otherwise I would eat them forever <3
  • ravihira1892
    ravihira1892 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I would avoid nuts. They are not high protein and they pack some serious calories due to their fat content. Yes, the fat is good, but if you're not aware of the calories, you could do more harm than good.

For high protein snacks, I suggest

protein brownie: Scoop of whey + 1/2 tsp baking powder and a 1/3 cup water. Mug + microwave for 45 sec on 60% power and 10 - 15 sec on high. Easy enough to do at work.

Beef Jerky - high sodium content but otherwise a good option that takes you a while to chew.

Plain flavored Fat Free Greek Yogurt w/ a scoop of whey.

Cottage cheese w/ scoop of whey

Or you could make something at home and bring with you. Protein brownies, protein cheesecake, etc.

Do you mix the whey powder with yogurt?
  • adamlb
    adamlb Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    protein brownie: Scoop of whey + 1/2 tsp baking powder and a 1/3 cup water. Mug + microwave for 45 sec on 60% power and 10 - 15 sec on high. Easy enough to do at work.

Sounds crazy, but I really want to try it :smile:

My pick would be beef jerky or biltong. You can get ostrich biltong which is amazingly high protein and tasty too!