National Self Harm Awareness Day

Options
As eating disorders can be considered a form of self harm (and often include more "common" acts of self harm as a result,) I think this goes here.

Who's wearing orange today?

Hopefully this'll go over better than the posts about February being ED Awareness Month. Seriously people, show a little support.

Replies

• KJVBear33
    KJVBear33 Posts: 628
    Options
    As eating disorders can be considered a form of self harm (and often include more "common" acts of self harm as a result,) I think this goes here.

Hopefully this'll go over better than the posts about February being ED Awareness Month. Seriously people, show a little support.

I am aware and give full support, but don't have orange to wear
  • eatmeingo
    eatmeingo Posts: 134
    Options

You can do something simple, like wearing an orange ribbon, writing "LOVE" on your arms, or drawing an orange ribbon on your wrist with some marker. :)
  • KJVBear33
    KJVBear33 Posts: 628
    Options

You can do something simple, like wearing an orange ribbon, writing "LOVE" on your arms, or drawing an orange ribbon on your wrist with some marker. :)

Cool ideas.......will do something! :)
  • eatmeingo
    Options

Cool ideas.......will do something! :)

A butterfly for someone you know self harms, yourself, or someone who has committed suicide is also a way to show support.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

I did the ribbon on my wrist thingie with an orange highlighter. :)
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I am wearing an orange top today♥
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything orange!
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    A butterfly for someone you know self harms, yourself, or someone who has committed suicide is also a way to show support.
    [/quote]

Love this! I just drew an orange butterfly on the inside of my wrist with the only orange I had--a highlighter. :)
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything orange!

She has some very simply and easy suggestions up above!
  • eatmeingo
    Options
    Awesome comments guys. :)

This is what I'm doing along with my orange hoodie.

tumblr_m07qjmScBa1qe8wqgo1_500.jpg
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I wear an orange top to bed right now...still wearing it 'cause i have nowhere to go today...does that count?
    <<<
    orange top in profile pic
  • eatmeingo
    Options
    I wear an orange top to bed right now...still wearing it 'cause i have nowhere to go today...does that count?

Definitely. :happy:
  • DarkAngel525
    Options
    I have an orange patterned dress on :heart:
  • eatmeingo
    Options
    You guys are awesome. :) I wasn't expecting anyone to respond like last month! ♥ Thank you for showing support for me and so many of my friends. It means way more than you think.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I'm happy I actually remembered about it today!

This morning I drew an orange pair of angel wings over my old reminder scars on my wrist
    :heart:
  • eatmeingo
    Options

This morning I drew an orange pair of angel wings over my old reminder scars on my wrist

Good for you. :) I'm not at the point of having old scars without new ones, but on days like today I have more hope than ever.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options

Good for you. :) I'm not at the point of having old scars without new ones, but on days like today I have more hope than ever.

You can do it honey :-) Just keep that hope strong and you'll be fine
  • eatmeingo
    Options

You can do it honey :-) Just keep that hope strong and you'll be fine

Thanks. :) It seems like a load of crap when I did nothing but take pills and burn myself last night, but today's a new day right? I'm going to try my best.
  • nomena
    nomena Posts: 165
    Options
    Wish I'd known about it earlier, it's already 6PM here.
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    'LOVE' in orange highlighter on my hand :heart:

Great ideas!!