Marilyn Monroe

Options
Coco_Puff
Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
Was it too much to ask of Hollyweird too cast a cuvry girl to star in the new Marilyn Monroe movie? I like Michelle Williams okay, but she dosen't have curves. Is this not just another slap in the face to us curvy girls, that they would select another slender chick, once again, for the part? I mean, we have very few celebrities out there that us well endowed gals can relate too, and then they are often reffered to as fat. I want to see a curvy Marilyn and stand proud of the curves God gave me, cause honey, they ain't going anywhere no matter how much I diet! My junk in the truck is solid, so I gotta except it and move on!

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Was it too much to ask of Hollyweird too cast a cuvry girl to star in the new Marilyn Monroe movie? I like Michelle Williams okay, but she dosen't have curves. Is this not just another slap in the face to us curvy girls, that they would select another slender chick, once again, for the part? I mean, we have very few celebrities out there that us well endowed gals can relate too, and then they are often reffered to as fat. I want to see a curvy Marilyn and stand proud of the curves God gave me, cause honey, they ain't going anywhere no matter how much I diet! My junk in the truck is solid, so I gotta except it and move on!

Send 'em your resume.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    by curvy do you mean big boobs????

i think michelle williams is curvy.. she is small framed but curvy.
  • summergirl73
    summergirl73 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that Marilyn Monroe was and still is an icon of beauty and she was a size 14!
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options

I agree with this.
    -wtk
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that Marilyn Monroe was and still is an icon of beauty and she was a size 14!

Depends on what country sizes you're talking. At her smallest she was North American size 4, and largest no more than a 10.

Here's her measurements:
    Height: 5 feet, 5½ inches
    Weight: 118-140 pounds
    Bust: 35-37 inches
    Waist: 22-23 inches
    Hips: 35-36 inches
    Bra size: 36D
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    by curvy do you mean big boobs????

I'm old, so I remember the curvy women like Sophia Loren, Elizabeth Taylor, and Raquel Welch. Those are the kind of curves women had back then and where proud of. And back then men were crazy about those women.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options

Depends on what country sizes you're talking. At her smallest she was North American size 4, and largest no more than a 10.

Here's her measurements:

She was gorgeous! AND curvey.
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options

Here's her measurements:

She was gorgeous! AND curvey.

Don't forget though a size 14 then is NOT the same as a 14 now. Vanity sizing has really changed things - even in the last 20 years.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I would like to see at the very least a medium sized curvy woman. I think Michelle is curvy but on a much smaller scale....:flowerforyou:
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Just to mention, Marilyn Monroe had much of her clothes custom made for her because of her super hourglass figure.
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    I dont think michelle williams is curvy. she does HAVE small curves but in my opinion curvy is J-lo, Beyonce, Nigella Lawson, Kim K...If that makes sense...it makes sense in my head though lol

Just my opinion...dont shoot.:flowerforyou:
  • KemaVA
    KemaVA Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I would like to see at the very least a medium sized curvy woman. I think Michelle is curvy but on a much smaller scale....:flowerforyou:

What about a blond Christina Hendricks?
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I dont think michelle williams is curvy. she does HAVE small curves but in my opinion curvy is J-lo, Beyonce, Nigella Lawson, Kim K...If that makes sense...it makes sense in my head though lol

Just my opinion...dont shoot.:flowerforyou:

Not shooting you, but your picking out thicker curvy girls, I'm 113 and pretty curvy.
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Sophia Vergara is curvy! I love her! Very funny too!
  • flsunshine
    flsunshine Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i love women from "old" hollywood. they were curvy, healthy looking women. hollywood women today emphisize on being anorexic looking and i cant stand it- to me its not sexy.
    we need to bring back more women with curves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AubreysMommy30
    AubreysMommy30 Posts: 64 Member
    Options

What about a blond Christina Hendricks?

She would be perfect! Great suggestion, she is gorgeous!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I think she looked pretty good. I do agree that she is a lot more slender than Marilyn...and I had heard that she had to wear butt pads to give herself a few more curves...

If I had to recast though...maybe Scarlet Johansen. She has some curve appeal. Although not a good actress in my opinion.
    Christina Aguilera has some new great curves too, but again...don't know if she could pull off the acting side of things...
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Marilyn Monroe's size varied quite a bit throughout her career. In early pictures, she is downright skinny.
    She was blessed by having a body and face that somehow never looked fat or fatter at least.

Christina Hendrix would have had to lose quite a bit of weight to play her.
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    I for one think Christina Hendricks dying her hair blonde would have been perfect for the job!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Someone already posted Marilyn's stats

Michelle is 34C-26-34

And Marilyn's today equivalent size I believe is a 0.... FAR from a 14.