Marilyn Monroe

Options

Replies

• mfpdannimac
    Options
    I saw the film and thought they padded her figure, especially in the opening scene-
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    I dont think michelle williams is curvy. she does HAVE small curves but in my opinion curvy is J-lo, Beyonce, Nigella Lawson, Kim K...If that makes sense...it makes sense in my head though lol

Just my opinion...dont shoot.:flowerforyou:

Not shooting you, but your picking out thicker curvy girls, I'm 113 and pretty curvy.

Which is why i said that she does have curves but small curves. & correct me if im wrong but i believe that Shakira is only 105 lbs or something close to that
    Beyonce...only 130...curvy
    THAT is curvy to me. Shes not fat at all..and doesnt weigh alot, but she has curves..
  • MrsHallum07
    MrsHallum07 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I agree. Its nice to know that back then you didn't have to be a size 2 to be considered sexy. I would like to see someone who is about the same measurements to play the part. But this just my opinon.
  • xo_morgan
    Options
    If I had to recast though...maybe Scarlet Johansen. She has some curve appeal. Although not a good actress in my opinion.
    Christina Aguilera has some new great curves too, but again...don't know if she could pull off the acting side of things...

Agreed 100%. How did i miss Scarlet when i was going on my rant!? lol
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I for one think Christina Hendricks dying her hair blonde would have been perfect for the job!

Christina Hendricks is too big for this role. Watch her in the movie Drive. In "regular" clothes you would walk right by her.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I for one think Christina Hendricks dying her hair blonde would have been perfect for the job!

Christina Hendricks is too big for this role. Watch her in the movie Drive. In "regular" clothes you would walk right by her.

I didn't even recognize her at first in "Drive."
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Was it too much to ask of Hollyweird too cast a cuvry girl to star in the new Marilyn Monroe movie? I like Michelle Williams okay, but she dosen't have curves. Is this not just another slap in the face to us curvy girls, that they would select another slender chick, once again, for the part? I mean, we have very few celebrities out there that us well endowed gals can relate too, and then they are often reffered to as fat. I want to see a curvy Marilyn and stand proud of the curves God gave me, cause honey, they ain't going anywhere no matter how much I diet! My junk in the truck is solid, so I gotta except it and move on!

I can think of quite a few 'well endowed gals' that are extremely popular right now. And Marilyn's physique is OBVIOUSLY something that is easily easily attainable.

From http://www.howmuchdotheyweigh.com/michelle-williams-weight/

How Much Does Michelle Williams Weight?
    She isn’t known to publicly talk about her weight, but the best guess is around 110lbs or 50kg

How Tall Is Michelle Williams?
    5’4″ or 162.5cm

What Are Michelle Williams’s Measurements?
    34C-26-34

What Is Michelle Williams’s Bra Size?
    34C.

That's really not that far off...
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I'm sure they based their decision mostly on the fact that she looks fantastic as Marilyn and she is a very good actress. Women don't really have the same hourglass look women had back in the day because we don't wear girdles and torpedo bras anymore. Not saying they weren't fabulous but times change.

I do like that I am noticing a lot of different figures on tv lately. Christina Applegate looks great on Up all Night. Penny is so cute on Happy Endings. Maybe we are starting a nice shift in what is expected of body types...
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I dont think michelle williams is curvy. she does HAVE small curves but in my opinion curvy is J-lo, Beyonce, Nigella Lawson, Kim K...If that makes sense...it makes sense in my head though lol

Not shooting you, but your picking out thicker curvy girls, I'm 113 and pretty curvy.

Which is why i said that she does have curves but small curves. & correct me if im wrong but i believe that Shakira is only 105 lbs or something close to that
    THAT is curvy to me. Shes not fat at all..and doesnt weigh alot, but she has curves..

I totally agree, Beyonce doesn't weigh a lot but she is a thicker girl. Shakira, at 105 lbs is pretty darn curvy too lol. I'd kill for her little body.
  • CADreaming09
    CADreaming09 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Was it too much to ask of Hollyweird too cast a cuvry girl to star in the new Marilyn Monroe movie? I like Michelle Williams okay, but she dosen't have curves. Is this not just another slap in the face to us curvy girls, that they would select another slender chick, once again, for the part? I mean, we have very few celebrities out there that us well endowed gals can relate too, and then they are often reffered to as fat. I want to see a curvy Marilyn and stand proud of the curves God gave me, cause honey, they ain't going anywhere no matter how much I diet! My junk in the truck is solid, so I gotta except it and move on!

I don't think Marilyn was as curvy as everyone is saying she was...She weight about 140 at her highest. She had an hourglass shape and to me, that isn't curvy. Beyonce is curvy. Marilyn just wasn't stick thin. Her tummy was flat, her arms were skinny, her legs were not fat either. And Scarjo's stomach is way bigger than hers and her hips and butt.
    Why does everyone think she was so curvy, I don't get it. Yes, she wasn't Kiera Knightley skinny, but jeez, she was skinny!
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options

I don't think Marilyn was as curvy as everyone is saying she was...She weight about 140 at her highest. She had an hourglass shape and to me, that isn't curvy. Beyonce is curvy. Marilyn just wasn't stick thin. Her tummy was flat, her arms were skinny, her legs were not fat either. And Scarjo's stomach is way bigger than hers and her hips and butt.
    Why does everyone think she was so curvy, I don't get it. Yes, she wasn't Kiera Knightley skinny, but jeez, she was skinny!

You can still be skinny and have curves. Like a previous poster stated, Beyonce's about 135 lbs, so not far from Marilyn's highest weight.
  • CADreaming09
    Options
    I read somewhere that Marilyn Monroe was and still is an icon of beauty and she was a size 14!

Sizes then are different than they are now. She was not a 14 in nowadays sizes. I mean, look at her pictures. She was skinny. Just hourglass shaped, small stomach, small arms, etc...
  • xo_morgan
    Options

I totally agree, Beyonce doesn't weigh a lot but she is a thicker girl. Shakira, at 105 lbs is pretty darn curvy too lol. I'd kill for her little body.

Ditto, if i lose my butt i'll be highly pissed. im pretty sure my hips wont go anywhere..
    Althoughhh, i did see a post today stating that your "bones shrink" when you lose weight, so you never know:noway: :huh:
  • aweightymatter
    Options
    Someone already posted Marilyn's stats

Michelle is 34C-26-34

And Marilyn's today equivalent size I believe is a 0.... FAR from a 14.

Marylin at 5'5 1/2" and 140 lbs would be about a size six... Those are close to my stats. Not a 0 :) But you're right, sizes have definitely changed!! That's why I have to laugh a little at that "Size 14" false factoid that gets thrown around.
  • CADreaming09
    Options

You can still be skinny and have curves. Like a previous poster stated, Beyonce's about 135 lbs, so not far from Marilyn's highest weight.

If curvy means having an hourglass shape and bigger hips than the average 100 pound model, then yes she was curvy. I'm sorry but Beyonce is bigger than Marilyn. So is Scarjo, so is Christina Hendricks.
  • aweightymatter
    Options

Many men I know would walk THROUGH me to get to Christina Hendricks, even in regular clothes... but ok ;)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I dunno...I think she pulls it off ....

michelle-williams-marilyn-monroe.jpg
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    She actually gained about 20 lbs to play her. Have you seen the movie? She is exquisite in the role.
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options

How is someone that was cast in a movie a slap in the face?? I'm just trying to figure out why this would directly affect anyone:/

Technically I could say someone else just as funny could have been cast as Molly on Mike and Molly then say it was a slap in the face that they cast a "big" girl because I am much smaller than her and she isn't built like me so I don't like it. However even though I DO NOT feel that way (I think she is great) had I made a statement like the one above I would have been torn apart and called mean.
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options

If curvy means having an hourglass shape and bigger hips than the average 100 pound model, then yes she was curvy. I'm sorry but Beyonce is bigger than Marilyn. So is Scarjo, so is Christina Hendricks.

I'm pretty sure, being curvy and hourglass go hand in hand. She did have curves and Scarlet Johanssen (sp?) is about 120 lbs, so about 20 lbs lighter than Marilyn's highest.