Marilyn Monroe

Options

Replies

• Koketa0510
    Options
    I read that a vintage size 14 back then is now a size 6-8...
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    im waiting to see the movie on DVD, however i have been watching SMASH the new tv series which is showing in the states.

its absolutely amazing.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    She had an hourglass shape and to me, that isn't curvy.
    Wut?
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    She had an hourglass shape and to me, that isn't curvy.
    Wut?

My thoughts exactly.
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    im waiting to see the movie on DVD, however i have been watching SMASH the new tv series which is showing in the states.

its absolutely amazing.

I really want to watch it but my fiancé has no interest in it.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    How is someone that was cast in a movie a slap in the face?? I'm just trying to figure out why this would directly affect anyone:/

"You messed up my self esteem... ***** it's called SELF ESTEEM! It's the esteem of your ************* self *****... How did I **** up how YOU feel about YOU? ...simple *****!" ~Katt Williams

Not pointed at anyone in particular...I just love an opportunity to use the quote and try to every chance I get.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Speaking of Marilyn, anyone watching the show Smash?

020712-katherine-mcphee-smash-marilyn-monroe-340.jpg
  • Grandysl
    Grandysl Posts: 189
    Options
    [
    What about a blond Christina Hendricks?
    [/quote]

Oh YEAH!
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    How is someone that was cast in a movie a slap in the face?? I'm just trying to figure out why this would directly affect anyone:/

"You messed up my self esteem... ***** it's called SELF ESTEEM! It's the esteem of your ************* self *****... How did I **** up how YOU feel about YOU? ...simple *****!" ~Katt Williams

Not pointed at anyone in particular...I just love an opportunity to use the quote and try to every chance I get.

That is my favorite Katt Williams joke:) Thank you!!!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    One can be small and still have curves. One can also be athletic and still have curves. Michelle Williams had the look and personality they were going for, obviously, so the best gal won. Period.
  • CADreaming09
    CADreaming09 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Was it too much to ask of Hollyweird too cast a cuvry girl to star in the new Marilyn Monroe movie? I like Michelle Williams okay, but she dosen't have curves. Is this not just another slap in the face to us curvy girls, that they would select another slender chick, once again, for the part? I mean, we have very few celebrities out there that us well endowed gals can relate too, and then they are often reffered to as fat. I want to see a curvy Marilyn and stand proud of the curves God gave me, cause honey, they ain't going anywhere no matter how much I diet! My junk in the truck is solid, so I gotta except it and move on!

I don't think Marilyn was as curvy as everyone is saying she was...She weight about 140 at her highest. She had an hourglass shape and to me, that isn't curvy. Beyonce is curvy. Marilyn just wasn't stick thin. Her tummy was flat, her arms were skinny, her legs were not fat either. And Scarjo's stomach is way bigger than hers and her hips and butt.
    Why does everyone think she was so curvy, I don't get it. Yes, she wasn't Kiera Knightley skinny, but jeez, she was skinny!

You can still be skinny and have curves. Like a previous poster stated, Beyonce's about 135 lbs, so not far from Marilyn's highest weight.

If curvy means having an hourglass shape and bigger hips than the average 100 pound model, then yes she was curvy. I'm sorry but Beyonce is bigger than Marilyn. So is Scarjo, so is Christina Hendricks.

I'm pretty sure, being curvy and hourglass go hand in hand. She did have curves and Scarlet Johanssen (sp?) is about 120 lbs, so about 20 lbs lighter than Marilyn's highest.

Curvy would mean hourglass, except people that are just fat and chubby, claim to be curvy. So the term is now skewed.
  • Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I couldn't remember what her figure looked like, so here you are

MichelleWilliams3.jpg

th_Williams3754_Michelle4.jpg

And Marilyn

th_MarilynMonroe48-1.jpg

th_MarilynMonroe2.jpg
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Scarlett Johansson would have been perfect for this role....
  • gleechick609
    Options
    I would like to see at the very least a medium sized curvy woman. I think Michelle is curvy but on a much smaller scale....:flowerforyou:

What about a blond Christina Hendricks?

AGREED. Love C.H :)
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's alot of imput on this subject and it's great! It's a free country and you can think what you like. I just feel in my heart there are talented actresses out there that have the shape already, that needed no added padding to have the Marilyn curves. Would you cast Chris Farley to play Arnold Swarchenegger if he was willing to lose weight and pump up for the part? And yes, I know the fat guy in little coat has passed on, I'm just saying.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I just have to point out that MY hips are 35in. I wear a size 2. Also, Christina Hendricks breasts are FAR too large for her to be playing Marilyn Monroe.... Scarlett Johansons face looks nothing like Marilyns face...
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    I just have to point out that MY hips are 35in. I wear a size 2. Also, Christina Hendricks breasts are FAR too large for her to be playing Marilyn Monroe.... Scarlett Johansons face looks nothing like Marilyns face...

This. And as someone else pointed out before, Christina Hendricks would have to lose a lot of weight to get down to the size Marilyn was.
  • CADreaming09
    CADreaming09 Posts: 311 Member
    Options

Thank you! No one in the industry today has her face. Michelle was close and did amazing job!
    Scarjo may weigh less than we all think, but her stomach isn't flat like Marilyn's her arms are bigger.
    Marilyn had the termed 'curvy' body and no one really has that today. Curvy meaning, little stomach, skinny arms and hips without the huge thighs that usually comes with bigger hips.
    I like that they had to use the padding because Michelle was skinny like Marilyn, but had added hips.
    Christina Hendricks isn't even in the running, in my opinion.
    And Scarjo or CH are not nearly as good an actress as Michelle.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Someone already posted Marilyn's stats

Michelle is 34C-26-34

And Marilyn's today equivalent size I believe is a 0.... FAR from a 14.

Marylin at 5'5 1/2" and 140 lbs would be about a size six... Those are close to my stats. Not a 0 :) But you're right, sizes have definitely changed!! That's why I have to laugh a little at that "Size 14" false factoid that gets thrown around.

I'm 5' 3" 165lbs and a size 6, so I must disagree. I found the size 0 thing in an internet search the other day about her size today.
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    Someone already posted Marilyn's stats

Michelle is 34C-26-34

And Marilyn's today equivalent size I believe is a 0.... FAR from a 14.

Marylin at 5'5 1/2" and 140 lbs would be about a size six... Those are close to my stats. Not a 0 :) But you're right, sizes have definitely changed!! That's why I have to laugh a little at that "Size 14" false factoid that gets thrown around.

I'm 5' 3" 165lbs and a size 6, so I must disagree. I found the size 0 thing in an internet search the other day about her size today.

I dunno, my measurements are pretty dead on with Marilyn's and at 5'3" I'm 113, size 4.