Does the cashier make fun of you?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Never for food. I did get a snide remark once when buying a pack of underwear and some feminine care products. >.>

At the grocery store I've had to tell my cashier what a pomegranate was and help him find it on his screen. It was less awkward because he had several classes with me in high school. I told him he should buy one and taste it.

I tend to use self checkout because I'm extremely shy and paranoid everyone is judging me all the time.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I usually use the self-checkout so I don't have to hold inanane conversations with people. And I don't have to tell them what my veggies are.

I would be very surprised to get such a rude cashier - what I buy is my business and no one else's!!
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I once had a cashier at a fast food restaurant tell me "if you keep eating like this your are going to get fat"...he was right!
  • femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I was at the grocery store and had my usual assortment of the best foods I could find this time of year, and the cashier made fun of me because I had too many fruits, veggies, and whole grains. She said "You aren't really going to eat this stuff are you?" and when I said of course I am , she preceded to sneer and give me dirty looks. This happen to anyone else?

My guess is she was envious that you actually have the will power to buy things that are actually good for your body, whereas she's probably a fast food junkie and secretly hates herself for it :P