Does the cashier make fun of you?

Options

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Really?? :noway:

This seems like an odd way to toot your own horn about your good food choices.

Wait, you mean this wasn't a thread to covertly brag about the oddest crap we've bought?
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I did have a cashier ask me if I was hoping for a positive when I bought a pregnancy test. I was sort of noncommital about it (read: shocked she asked) then she said she thought I was. I wasn't :tongue:

This has happened to me a few times when buying pregnancy tests. Or they will say "Good luck". What are they going to say if I buy some beano or laxatives "Good luck!"???.

I've never had a cashier critique what food I buy though, luckily because they would be out of a job.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Wow! Never had anyone quite THAT rude or bold. The most I'd gotten was a cashier (my friend knew her, so I'll just call her the somewhat acquaintance or a friend?) who held up my hummus, looked it over with this disgusted look on her face and asked me in her loudest voice, 'Ugh! What is this? You gon eat this?!"

On the other hand, I did have this older lady approach me the other day in Walmart. I had a basket full of veggies, almond milk---the usual stuff I guess. I was trying to read through labels when she ran up to me and asked, 'So how much weight have we lost already'? Kinda freaked me out.. but I'm guessing this still wouldn't be the same as having a cashier totally just nitpick your items. Shoulda told her to take a long walk off a short cliff.
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I do have one pet peeve. (Only mentioning because of someone else's comment.) It's leaky meat. I don't care if you want to buy the whole store's supply of meat, that doesn't bother me. It's when a customer brings up a packet of chicken meat that isn't completely sealed and its juices are getting all over everything. I mean *everything*. There will be a puddle of raw juice on my belt, scanner, and half their food. That's just not sanitary and I can't help but make a face and do the dainty two finger pick-up. Maybe I'm being wimpy but we have plastic bags right next to the meat for this purpose.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I once got a really weird look from a cashier at a walmart.
    I was checking out with my boyfriend at the time who happened to be white.
    We were on our way to a toga party that night so we had rope, white sheets, condoms and laundry detergent.

Im sure that whole scene looked pretty screwed up.
  • laurenclemmer8
    Options
    she wishes she could eat that healthy!
  • catic
    catic Posts: 156
    Options
    was she fat?
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Never happened to me...what part of the country to you live in? I live in California so eating clean is common.

midwest. fried food capital.

I live in the same area as you live in and I have shopped in Murphysboro and I have never had anyone say anything to me about my purchases and there are a lot of clean eaters around these parts too.

If you can, go to Carbondale and shop at the Coop on the West end of town in Murdale shopping center. They have the best food in the world.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I don't get dirty looks per se but I do get the "Where's the unhealthy stuff" and "Is this really what you eat?"...No, I just spend money on stuff that's going to rot?! Pfffft.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Really?? :noway:

This seems like an odd way to toot your own horn about your good food choices.

This is what I was thinking.

#humblebrag #getoveryourself
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it!

"Stupid is a stupid does"
    Forrest Gumps mother!
  • Wildgirl10
    Options
    Only because I have about $30 in coupons...yeah I'm one of those.
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Never happened to me before.

I would've walked away immediately and found a manager and reported her. I mean who the hell does she think she is to judge anyone else? Oh I would have been furious!
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    I once got a really weird look from a cashier at a walmart.
    I was checking out with my boyfriend at the time who happened to be white.
    We were on our way to a toga party that night so we had rope, white sheets, condoms and laundry detergent.

Im sure that whole scene looked pretty screwed up.

That is hilarious!

When I was a cashier, someone came up with some coffee, condoms and an enema. It took everything in me not to say "Going to have a fun night?".
  • Carita79
    Carita79 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I can relate! I ran into my manager on a day off at the local market and after exchanging pleasantries
    ..she actually started rummaging thru my cart mocking me for my rabbit food!
    Hehe! she even held up my delish rich green bunch of organic kale and exclaimed "you buy garden weeds! to eat?"
    let alone the look of she gave me when she spied my pack of chicken hearts!
    no harm no foul tho friends :)
    the doritos and freezer pizzas with a side of cola in her cart..
    show me she is just like i was..afraid of change..and not yet aware of how much more tasty eating clean can be :)

Dont forget "opinions are like as*holes everyones got one darlin..dont mean yours is special! "
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    That seems really out of order. I've never had that happen to me before. I don't see why she should be judging you on what you're buying.
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    That's why I use the automatic checkout. :)

This. I haven't had any bad experiences personally, but the faster I can get in and out without having a drawn out conversation with a distracted cashier, the better.
  • LittleElephant
    LittleElephant Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I live in the UK but Hubbie worked in Atlanta for a while so we lived there. I was at my biggest (110kg) and while shopping in Walmart a woman who stocks the shelf criticised me for handling workout clothes when "look at you.....it's obvious you're not going to buy them". I was really shocked and walked off to burst into tears. Hubbie found me upset and went mad and demanded the manager.
  • KSC811
    KSC811 Posts: 56
    Options
    wow that cashier is a *****! i was a cashier at cvs, we didn't sell fruits n veggies but if anyone ever bought anything healthy or unhealthy i would never say anything mean! if i would say anything, i would say that the food they are buying tastes amazing or something, but besides that i wouldn't say anything. how horrible i would have looked at what register she was on and her name and called her manager
  • Mythel
    Mythel Posts: 72
    Options
    I do have one pet peeve. (Only mentioning because of someone else's comment.) It's leaky meat. I don't care if you want to buy the whole store's supply of meat, that doesn't bother me. It's when a customer brings up a packet of chicken meat that isn't completely sealed and its juices are getting all over everything. I mean *everything*. There will be a puddle of raw juice on my belt, scanner, and half their food. That's just not sanitary and I can't help but make a face and do the dainty two finger pick-up. Maybe I'm being wimpy but we have plastic bags right next to the meat for this purpose.

I'm assuming you mean me. I buy very little meat and the kind I do buy is vacuumed sealed so there is NO need to put it in another plastic bag. (Having said that if I was purchasing leaky meat, especially poultry, I would place it in a plastic bag to avoid cross contamination.)