Does the cashier make fun of you?

Options

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Sort of. I've had a couple make just small comments such as "wow you must really like fruits and veggies." Or I also get when I'm buying veggies that must not be bought all that often, such as rutabaga was the lastest "what is this, why would you want to buy this?"
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I agree -- there are a lot of people out there who don't have working 'edit' buttons. The cashier's comments say a lot about her, and absolutely nothing about the poster/customer.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Next time just get some toilet paper, lube, batteries, condoms, thumb tacs and ask if she was planning on making any comments this time.

Or, buy a pair of steel toed boots (provided you're shopping at someplace like WalMart) along with the healthy foods. If she asks you that again, you can say, "Yes, and I DARE you to ask me what I plan to use these boots for! I'm more than willing to demonstrate!" :angry: :devil:
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    No - but the produce manager at my grocery store calls me his '#1 fruits and veggies lady' whenever he sees me shopping! haha
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've never had a cashier make fun of me for my food, but I had one ring up a pregnanacy test, look at my 2 kids sitting in my cart, and say "Hope it's negative" in a snotty tone.....yea, if I wasn't in such a hurry I would have reported her to the manager. As it was I told her "I think your job is to ring up my order, not comment on things that are none of your business"
  • stephzub
    stephzub Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Find a new place to shop (if possible); no need to make food shopping a poor experience, it can be fun when you find new things and don't get attitude! I love shopping at Whole Foods; check them out if they are in your area! http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten that type of negativity, but I have had several ask "Ok, so what diet are you on?". I tell them i'm NOT on a diet. It's just how I eat. I eat healthy & work our every day. Then hey hit me with a barrage of questions about what I do. LOL. Sorry that happened to you.
  • blv0267
    blv0267 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Next time just get some toilet paper, lube, batteries, condoms, thumb tacs and ask if she was planning on making any comments this time.

Perfect!
  • oburley89
    oburley89 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Tell her to go eat a damn twinkie

ohhh man this had me cracking up.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    No, they never comment on what I'm buying.
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Nope. The cashiers at one of our local stores are lazy and self involved. They talk incessantly about crap to customers while the line gets longer; talk to each other about work drama and otherwise waste my time. I use self checkout almost exclusively now.

Also, I don't care what a cashier--or anyone for that matter--has to say about what's in my basket.
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options

:heart: this
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I'd just make a mental note not to go to that cashier again.

Wouldn't waste the time/energy telling on her. :huh:
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I had a cashier that handed me a computer generated coupon at the end of my transaction. It was for pads and she made the comment, " Here is you a coupon for pads if you still use those kind of things". LOL I felt like that was about as rude as it could get.
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I was at an organic produce/meat store and the cashier said "You have a lot of meat" (I purchase a lot of grass-fed organic, local beef) and proceeded to pick up each package by the tip so she didn't have to touch it. She looked grossed out. I get it, you're vegetarian but my meat isn't going to bite you. I thought that was rude.

I thought it was a fluke but the next time I went in she did the same thing. Wasn't friendly at all to me (no small talk, no eye contact). I think because I was buying meat.

I avoid her now and only going to the friendly cashiers who know me and make me feel like shopping there.
  • nwilson1213
    nwilson1213 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I recently had a cashier tell me she thought it was illegal to eat that healthy, as I had an assortment of primarily fruits and veggies. I took it as a compliment!
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    She said "You aren't really going to eat this stuff are you?"
    Next time, stare directly into her eyes, tense your neck until your head shakes a la Henry Rollins, and speak the following words:
    "You will die FAT and UNLOVED."

Betcha a dollar she'll never do it again.
  • HotBodUnderConstruction
    Options
    I usually have cashiers who ask me about some of the stuff I'm buying because they're interested in purchasing it themselves
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Doesn't happen to me unless someone wants to be kicked in the shins. That's ridiculous. If they have a problem they need to keep it to themselves. Customer service is disgusting these days. You're a cashier, you scan stuff, present my total and take my money then give me change, etc. I don't need your attitude, opinion or advice. Pull your nose outta my business! Cashiers don't make small talk with me unless I start it cause apparently I'm a stone cold b!tch.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I get it, you're vegetarian but my meat isn't going to bite you.

Obviously your meat isn't fresh enough. LOL