appetite suppresant

Options

Replies

• mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    coffee. I actually have a hard time eating enough because I drink so much of it. I'm rarely hungry by lunchtime because of it.

oh and I drink it black :)
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Protein
    Water
    Fiber

Oh wait... Did I miss something?

...this too...
  • mo4xdamomma
    Options
    I have lost a lot of weight by diet and excercise but then I got off course. I wasn't making the best choices and found myself to be in the rut of drinking way too much diet soda. THAT seriously detours my weight loss.

I went to my doctor yesterday and we talked about how I gained a bit (less than 10 lbs mind you) but how important it was for me to continue losing. She put me on Bontril for a month. I started it this morning and its taken enough of the edge off for me to stick to my plan.

Im only drinking water because caffiene seems to affect the sleepless effect it can have and I don't want to chance it if that IS a side effect.

Anyway....Im not against pills if they are temporary and to help you develop a routine.
  • NATurally_Me83
    NATurally_Me83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My mom is so true to Chia, and I am thinking of trying it out. It has also helped with her blood pressure and immune system.
  • Sweetncgal78
    Sweetncgal78 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Heroin.

I probably shouldn't have LOL'd ... but I did....

*holds head down in shame*
  • tmorrison73
    Options
    Ive never heard of Chia...where do you get it at????
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    another quick fix thread.

The solution is a mindset change. Willpower and education > appetite suppressant.

So true, the first thing to get right when changing your lifestyle is your head.
  • waferzdog
    waferzdog Posts: 29
    Options
    Week ends are hard for me - so I try to stay a little under during the week - I also do NOT abstain from any food. I keep some Hershey kisses available if I want a little chocolate. I try to go for heathier options - like for snacking - stick pretzels - can each quite a few (munch) for pretty low calories. I have also eliminated SODA with any food. I drink water or unsweetened tea with meals. I'm told that carbonated drinks will expand your stomach and you will want to eat more. Now at night if I want to snack, that's when I have a big glass of diet soda - NO FOOD. A few other tips - I'm told it takes 20 minutes for your stomach to tell your mind that your full - for me I've noticed it's more like 30 minutes - so I really try to wait 30 minutes after eating and pay attention to if I feel full - usually I do. I have also tried to slow down when I do eat - take your time with meals. Also - it takes about 21 days for something to be a new habit - the first 21 days are going to be difficult - but try to hang on for day 22 - mark each day on a calendar - see if your getting stronger. Finally, I try to eat something in the morning - I was notorious for skipping breakfast -not a good idea. I wish you lots of luck and hope you find the right balance.
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options

The solution is a mindset change. Willpower and education > appetite suppressant.

So true, the first thing to get right when changing your lifestyle is your head.

what's hilarious is how the good advice is almost ignored in these threads while most people ask "where" and "how much"
  • katiep1022
    Options
    personally, I have found that taking this African Mango Seed extract has played a helpful role in my weight loss. Its an appetite suppressant that you take 2x a day. Before this I have always eaten a little throughout the day like most here do, but it was hard for me to stop at just a handful of nuts or a granola bar between meals. this supplement has helped me with control. though i don't feel hungry ill still have my in-between snacks and i am actually able to stop at an amount that is healthy. hope this helps - works for me !
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

This.

Do you want to healthier for life? Or just drop some weight now, gain it back, drop it again, maintain 2 or three sets of clothes, tax your heart and metabolism, and be perpetually unhappy with your body?
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Crystal meth and blow will suppress your appetite. You won't even know what day of the week it is by the time you come down.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Protein
    Water
    Fiber

Oh wait... Did I miss something?

I think that pretty much covers it. If you take some sort of appetite suppressant pill, it may work while you're on it, but as soon as you stop, you'll be back to square one.
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    It's sounds like you're restricting yourself too much therefore causing the binge effect later. I used to do this as well, be desperate to lose some weight so go on this "I have to do it right now 100% full throttle"diet"" and it would go so well for a little while, sometimes even a longer while (a month) but really nobody can keep up with the pressure of having to be 100% all the time (and if you're like me you have to be 100% or you feel like you've failed again and as soon as you have a really off day you may as well kiss it all goodbye).

If you eat small (not tiny) and regular sized (not super sized) meals and snacks every 2.5 - 3 hours (without ever going over three hours without eating) you won't feel hungry. You may feel bored/anxious/stressed which you may translate into "I'm hungry" but you surely aren't hungry. It also takes the guesswork out of eating too, either it's within the time range to eat a meal or snack or it isn't. There is no guessing.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I had no idea that science stopped applying after we turn 50.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    It's sounds like you're restricting yourself too much therefore causing the binge effect later. I used to do this as well, be desperate to lose some weight so go on this "I have to do it right now 100% full throttle"diet"" and it would go so well for a little while, sometimes even a longer while (a month) but really nobody can keep up with the pressure of having to be 100% all the time (and if you're like me you have to be 100% or you feel like you've failed again and as soon as you have a really off day you may as well kiss it all goodbye).

If you eat small (not tiny) and regular sized (not super sized) meals and snacks every 2.5 - 3 hours (without ever going over three hours without eating) you won't feel hungry. You may feel bored/anxious/stressed which you may translate into "I'm hungry" but you surely aren't hungry. It also takes the guesswork out of eating too, either it's within the time range to eat a meal or snack or it isn't. There is no guessing.

AGREED! You can also change your calorie goal settings so you have more calories to work with during the day. If you have it set for losing 2 pounds per week then up it to 1 pound per week or 0.5 per week so that you get adjusted to eating at a lower calorie deficit but where it isn't too much of a drastic change. You'll still lose weight but at a slower healthier pace. Then once you get adjusted to that and get in the right mindset you can change your goals to 2 pounds a week or stay where you are. You really can eat more and lose weight as long as you are eating the right foods and working out. There's no need to starve yourself so you don't feel hungry.
  • andier1686
    Options
    Add Chia seed to your diet. You can eat them straight or in water, or you can mix them into another food you might eat. They absorb fluid and fill your belly for hours but are rich in nutrients.

best ever advice!
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Crystal meth and blow will suppress your appetite. You won't even know what day of the week it is by the time you come down.

BWHAHAHAHAHA! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This hits the nail on the head right here- there are lots of things you can do to lose weight... but the real question is are they healthy and sustainable?

Good luck girlfriend! You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I smoke a cigarette when I'm hungry. Takes away the hunger pains!

(just kidding)
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Keep strong flavored gum on hand to take the edge off wanting something to chew.

Put up a picture of yourself at your heaviest where you sit when you are most tempted and as your profile pic. HUGE suppressant for me.

Also agree with water, fiber and green tea.