Kinda nice being single lol

Options

Replies

• ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    i am married but i can still do a lot of thing with my hubby going to school ;)) also every night both of us will go for a 40 minute walk to the gym and play some basketball, and run =D
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I'm in a relationship, but I actually prefer being single when it comes to being able to focus on myself. Things like exercising and schoolwork are so much easier when I'm single than when I'm in a relationship. Though don't get me wrong, I like being in one, and having someone to love me no matter what, there are times when it's just plain easier and less stressful to be single, haha.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Awesome.

I went to my first concert by myself. I have to admit, I felt weird doing it, but it was my favorite band, Foo Fighters. How can you not go to a Foo Fighters concert? Anyway, I'll go to more now. It was nice. And, what was funny, is the two people on either side of me at the concert were there by themselves too. HA!

This just inspired me and I bought ONE ticket for ME to go see The Toadies!! YAY!!! I can't wait.

WOOT!!! It's a blast!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Nope! Sometimes unsupportive partners can hold you down. :happy: I'm happy my boyfriend has simmered down with his complaining about my work outs. He can play video games on his day off while I work out, and then we can spend time later. Not everyone is as flexible and it sounds like you've found that out. Great job for keeping it up!
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Breaking up with my ex (mutually, he moved) was the best thing for me. When I was with him, I was comfortable with myself and the way I was. After he left, I decided it was time for a change and that I wasn't beautiful the way I was.

Single = best thing ever.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I was in abusive relationship for too long. I found that I liked me way better single.. I love the freedom it gives and my ability to live how I wanted to.. Also the house stays clean and I get to do as I please when I please.. Its wonderful!!
  • ChrisIn757
    ChrisIn757 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

I also find it amazing how emotionally draining the dating scene can be....especially online dating.

This is VERY true, and the EXACT reason I hate being single. Wish I could be comfortable with it though....
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    @Wileyjoe - I was there and not happy. I made the decision to find happiness.

I also find it amazing how emotionally draining the dating scene can be....especially online dating.

I agree with you there...online datign is the suckhole of life....I gave up and decided to focus on me! YAY for embracing single-ness!
  • Ericacea
    Ericacea Posts: 45
    Options
    I've been in relationships almost nonstop for the past 6 years, and I'm also enjoying some time to myself. I think I really need to focus on me for a while. Also, I'm getting back to my younger self's awesome body. TBH, it's mostly the sex that I miss... :P
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    No way. I love being single. Marriage was a horrible experience, I had a very abusive and controlling husband. Now, I get to make my own decisions and buy what I want. I watch what I want on tv. It gives me time to explore what I want out of life. Single is wonderful and I am enjoying it myself.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Breaking up with my ex (mutually, he moved) was the best thing for me. When I was with him, I was comfortable with myself and the way I was. After he left, I decided it was time for a change and that I wasn't beautiful the way I was.

Single = best thing ever.

Yep, I felt the same way. I broke up with my bf last April and decided to focus on myself. It was the best thing to ever happen to me.
    Once I was finally comfortable with myself I tried all the online dating sites but nothing came of them. Just a bunch of freaks looking for hook-ups. I canceled my subscriptions and a few weeks later met a guy online. It's long-distance, but we've really hit it off. We both still have a ton of independence because of the distance... well, mainly the ridiculous time difference. I'm working and at the gym or whatever while he's sleeping, and we talk and 'hang out' at night (for me).

But, really, to each their own. I'm able to handle being alone and by myself more than many, and I see a lot of you are the same way :) Some people feel they NEED to have someone else there beside them every second of every day.
  • bigjeffyc105_deleted
    Options
    I have to agree with a lot of the post on here, I love being single I do what I want, when I want , with who I want, without having to explain myself all of the time..With that being said I wouldn't mind having a couple more female friends that are single that I could call and take to dinner sometimes and do things with , and I'm not talking about a booty call... It's just nice to have the company of somone else to speak with on an adult level once in a while..

Most all my friends are married or have others and it just gets boring being the third wheel.. I'm also not against getting married again, I actually liked and my ex wife was very very low maintenance and we got along pretty well, there where other things in our marriage that made it not work , it's just to bad that we didn't figure that out until 11 yrs later.. lol
  • Brian001
    Brian001 Posts: 89
    Options
    wow this topic got more responses than i was originally intending... ah well, yay for being single! =D
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Awesome.

I went to my first concert by myself. I have to admit, I felt weird doing it, but it was my favorite band, Foo Fighters. How can you not go to a Foo Fighters concert? Anyway, I'll go to more now. It was nice. And, what was funny, is the two people on either side of me at the concert were there by themselves too. HA!

This just inspired me and I bought ONE ticket for ME to go see The Toadies!! YAY!!! I can't wait.

Just enjoy and have fun. It's not big deal, like going to see a movie. And, you might run into people you know or something. You never know.
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    I love being by myself and doing things I enjoy. I get a lot more work done, more focus on my well being and happiness and can do whatever I like without compromising. If I can still do all these things when I'm in a relationship than its a bonus.

These past few months I've felt like I've been 'married' to my big group of friends. This whole group mentality thing wasn't for me so I decided to take a break and actually get back to myself again. I've never been good at being attached to people as I love my independence too much.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    How does that sound horrible?! What sounds horrible is if people need someone so much they can't enjoy life without a partner, that's a dangerous mindset.
  • Brian001
    Brian001 Posts: 89
    Options
    How does that sound horrible?! What sounds horrible is if people need someone so much they can't enjoy life without a partner, that's a dangerous mindset.

Not my mindset, saying it may sound horrible to some people lol. Some people literally CANT live without a partner. I know many of these such people and to be honest, kind of sad.
  • PamelaB43
    PamelaB43 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree with you. It is nice not having to go with someone else's program and you do what you want to do when you want to do it. You dont want to make dinner don't. You want to eat cereal for dinner it's cool. I've gotten set in my ways. It use to be about making my man happy.. Now it's about making ME happy. It sounds selfish but I am just being honest. Don't get me wrong.. I love intimacy too but I am realizing no one can make you happy" You" have to make yourself happy. Hard lesson learned and yes online dating does suck! :noway:
  • PamelaB43
    PamelaB43 Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Not my mindset, saying it may sound horrible to some people lol. Some people literally CANT live without a partner. I know many of these such people and to be honest, kind of sad.
    I agree with you yes it is very sad.. I hate seeing people like that. It is sort of pathetic. I want to say " get a grip":huh:
  • tradaboie
    tradaboie Posts: 132
    Options
    I've always been single....I'm ready to not be lol....but I am happy that you are all happy :)