Kinda nice being single lol

Options
1235»

Replies

• jwalker30
    jwalker30 Posts: 282
    Options
    Personally, I prefer to be in a relationship with someone, but I'd rather be single than being in a relationship for sake of having someone to hang out with....
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    No way! Enjoy being single. Do all the things that you love to do...be independent. This way when the right person comes along you'll be ready for them. :)
  • chrissismone
    chrissismone Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I guess for guys it's ok because you all can get sexually favors quite easy lol . However for me its been 6 years and it gets lonely at times. However there are perks such as no drama,no need to think about the other when I do things,I can do alot of reflecting and just be able to do things I wouldn't necessarily have the time for if I was dating.
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i have been alone for over 2 yrs now. i was in a relationship ( the same one) from age 19 to 33....... it changed who i was as a person. and not for the better. i did not like the person i became, at all :-(

i like being single. i am GOOD at being single. i'm not so good at the dating thing........ but, i'm not in any hurry what so ever to be in a relationship again!

i LOVE being able to do whatever i want to do, whenever i want to do it!!!! i love spending time with my girlfriends. i even enjoy doing things all on my own. i go to dinner alone, movies, ice skating, biking, hiking, to the beach, etc. i have picked up new hobbies that i really enjoy. things that my ex NEVER would have let me do!!!!

i do things for me and my kids now. i focus on US and what is best for us. sometimes, on my kid free weekends, i sleep til noon. and watch movies in bed til 4p. i LOVE it! other times, i'm out the door and headed to the beach. or i'm working in my yard/ garden. i take road trips, or i go see friends from college. or i fly back home to where i grew up. a million things really!

once you add a partner into that equation...... it ALLLLLLL changes!!!!! so, like i said, i'm good at being single. it suits me. i have also realized, that while i am extremely easy to please, i am very hard to impress!
  • UFroGyrl
    UFroGyrl Posts: 2
    Options
    As horrible as this sounds, ive actually enjoyed being single for the last two months, been able to get more work done, been able to exercise more, and just been an all around happier person lately. Is this such a bad thing?

Nope it's not a bad thing at all - it's funny because some of the guys I dated recently think I'm crazy because I live alone and have my own crib and car. Um no, it means I'm taking care of business and don't have time for you (the fellas) to be wasting my time. My life is drama free and I like it that way :-)
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    I totally agree with you! Really enjoying my time.

Of course wouldn't mind some cuddle time every now and then
    Yeah you pretty much nailed it. I love having my time and having the freedom to flirt with whoever I want. I love being happy again and dancing around like an idiot with a huge smile on my face. I'm really loving life right now. I got out of my last relationship in september, but I'm not ready to go there again (plus I refuse to settle again) so I'm going to enjoy myself for now.

But it would be really nice to get ****ed down now and again.... I guess you can't have it all.
  • i have to attribute my success in becoming fit to being single, because i am single i can hit the gym 7 days a week and have fun doing it!

doesn't mean that i wouldn't like to have a relationship, its just the matter of finding that one girl who has a knack for being fit and healthy just like me.
  • paigemang♥
    Options
    Single is good, I love being able to sit aroud in my undies if I want....not have to talk to anyone if needed. If I NEED a date I just call one of my friends to go to dinner, then honestly love going home and getting in my bed by myself :happy:

Hopefully one day I will be able to tolerate someone enough to have around :wink: