Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I need you... but you disgust me!

124»

Replies

• hollyberry2012
    hollyberry2012 Posts: 239 Member
    I LOVE MUSHROOMS.

but then, I've got pretty feet.

;)
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    I can't really think of a fruit, vegetable, legume or grain I legitimately don't like. Beets, maybe, but I'm trying to give them a chance. However, I genuinely don't like beef. Never have. Or soda. Any kind. Anything with carbonation makes me gag.
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 614 Member
    Cooked cauliflower - as a kid my dad once tried to hide it in my mashed potatoes. I threw up at the table - needless to say they never fed it to me again. I love it raw though.

Also hate fish & cooked spinach.

But as others say, I don't eat what I don't like. But I used to just say I didn't like things because I didn't think I would like them or they looked bad to me. I didn't have green beans until I was in my 30's or asparagus until only 2 years ago. Love them both now.
  • Honestly, Vegetables. They’re very few that I like or can stand. I have to force myself to eat veggies. I don't know why. I just really don't like the majority of them. That's pretty much why I've been only eating carrots. I like carrots. I like broccoli but only steamed, I like corn and potatoes but those aren't veggies. Sweet peas are nice and I love yams. But the rest I don't like.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Mushrooms. They are a fungus. Athlete's Foot is a fungus. I am not going to eat a foot fungus' glorified cousin.
    This:
    tineaPedisAthletesFoot_6401_lg.jpg
    is NOT going in my mouth!

Ewwwwww! That is gross! I love mushrooms!
    It's the truth!

And yes, I totally posted the picture for the gross-out factor alone. Every time you eat a mushroom, you're eating that foot's cousin.

Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom

I love mushrooms =)

More please!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    I like food.
  • ShilohMaier
    ShilohMaier Posts: 135
    if you have tried fish fried and didn't like it...then you aren't going to like it any way it comes!!

even if you stuff it in a snickers!!!

What does fish have that you need? get it in a capsule lol

It's just one of those foods that seems like an absolute diet staple- I know there are tons of alternative lean proteins, and I get my fish-oils in a pill (I gag when I burp after those!), but there is just something about the fact that I REALLY want to like it and absolutely cannot stomach it that bugs the crud out of me.
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    I HATE waxed beans! Makes me gag. Never again!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Sweet potatoes. Everyone raves about them and they're the"better" potato. Those things are nasty and I do not eat them. :sick:
  • HisMissus
    HisMissus Posts: 119 Member
    I really dislike a lot of vegetables - carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, peas etc. I can eat carrots if they're chopped up really small and mixed into something like curry so I can't taste them.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    I can eat some fish but not the oily, fishy tasting kind. I can't stand cilantro or any kind of peppers. I used to hate yogurt, too, but since it was a textural thing, I started adding some Grape-nuts or granola to it. I now have it for breakfast without the crunch crutch more days than not.

Just out of curiosity, does cilantro taste like soap to you? Apparently only some people can actually taste the deliciously subtle spiciness of cilantro; to everyone else, it tastes like soap. My mom and sister taste the soap; my dad and I can taste cilantro in all it's herby glory. I have no idea what accounts for this difference, but I love cilantro. If I make enchiladas or something that calls for cilantro, I'll snack on some extra sprigs while waiting for the enchiladas to finish baking or whatever.

However, I, like OP, just don't like fish. My dad's tried to get me to eat more fish, and I've made an effort, but I'm sorry; it's just not happening. I can do fish in sushi; it's really the only way I'll eat salmon, although logically I suppose there's a good chance I would like lox if I tried it (I'm a terrible Jew). I also won't eat broccoli (or cauliflower, which is the same vegetable) anymore. I went through a phase of liking it, but then I got braces, and broccoli shreds itself on braces like there ain't no tomorrow. I could brush and floss for an hour and a half and still be tasting broccoli days later. So I refuse to eat it now, even 3 years after getting the braces off. I'm not a fan of whole or sliced tomatoes, but I like pasta sauce, ketchup, salsa, and tomato soup. It's a texture thing, which is the same reason I also don't like mushrooms. They're squishy and they squeak in my mouth! ;~;
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 483 Member
    I don't eat things I don't like.

^^^THIS^^^ and I also don't YUCK someone elses' YUM!!! If you don't like it, don't eat it...no food is a have to! But as my dear Grandma always said "If you don't have anything nice to say, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!"
  • psychopiglet
    psychopiglet Posts: 130 Member
    Mushrooms. They are a fungus. Athlete's Foot is a fungus. I am not going to eat a foot fungus' glorified cousin.
    This:
    tineaPedisAthletesFoot_6401_lg.jpg
    is NOT going in my mouth!
    Ha! That's EXACTLY what I say about Mushrooms too! :D I hate them with a passion.

And I'm another person who doesn't eat food I don't like. Thankfully I like a lot of healthy stuff so I don't struggle much. The only time I have an issue is with salads if I eat out. I can't stand cucumber or iceberg lettuce and nearly all salads come with cucumber and/or iceberg lettuce so I have to eat something else which will usually have more calories than a salad.