public diary?

Options

Replies

• eblake111
    eblake111 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I just started MFP but I have made my food diary PUBLIC....first off I dont mind others looking at what I am eating...I am not embarassed because I know I am trying to lose weight...this is good enough for me :) I dont care if others are judgemental...that is THEIR issue....not mine :)
    I also like the idea of seeing others diaries as it may help me with new food ideas and possibly show me what not to incorporate into my new routine. This can go both ways here as a tool for improving yourself.
    Dont worry about others judging you...if anyone lies on their food diary....they are only cheating themselves in the long run.
    I like the idea of being accountable for what I am eating and if i fall one day....then I just pick myself up the next day and learn how to improve my eating by tracking what I am consuming and hopefully not repeating my mistakes.
    Good luck on your journey !! :wink:
  • calgarychick2012
    calgarychick2012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    mine is open to my friends, I log it all the good bad and ugly(lol friday nite spike from beer) i am not embarassed, it is what it is and 90 of the time I am doing well. I figure this is for me and if it helps anyone else great if not thats ok too
  • barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Mine is public.

Originally I kept it private, but then I realized... if I don't log it, the only person I'm lying to is myself. So... I opened it up, and whenever I'm thinking of having something bad, I think "Uh... everyone's going to see it..." and usually I end up not eating it. haha...

But you know what? If I want to eat it, I'll eat it, because if someone on this site is judging you for having a piece of cake, they're an *kitten*. Plain and simple. Judgment is not what this site's supposed to be about. :(

^^This. Couldn't have said it better. I'm generally pretty proud of what I eat, and I hope that my food diary inspires others to eat clean :-)
  • briannw
    briannw Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Open to.friends. I want.the feedback. Perhaps I should open to all
  • elpiper
    elpiper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I just decided to make mine public to friends today. I need the accountability or I'm never going to get anywhere. I don't have many friends right now, but feel free to add me guys...I'm totally up for it. Also, I like being able to see people's food diary for meal ideas/side ideas.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Mine is public - I've never had anyone other than MFP friends comment, and even then it's more about meal choices rather than "you're eating too much/little"
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Mine is public, I eat quite a bit and a variety of food, anyone feel free to add me.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Mine is public, mainly because I don't care if people see what I eat. It's also nice to see what others are eating for ideas for yourself.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Mine is public. I hope that I get more help from other members if they can see my logs. I try to be as honst as I can when logging food good or bad.
  • Nette_54
    Nette_54 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Mine is private. I've had it public (so my friends could see), but when I have bad days I'm so embarrassed. I put bad days in my diary so I can see it and be accountable to myself...but I'm so worried others will judge me!

Never be embarrassed about your diary, friend will not judge you but will support you. If you have a bad day don't be embarrassed as we all have good days and bad days.

I have my diary open to friends not fully public, I want to be accountability and the support from my friends too. It is too easy to NOT be honest with myself if my friends cannot see my diary and also because my diary is open it makes me think more about what I eat. . . . .
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Mine is public because I don't care what anyone thinks of my eating habits. They can shove it if they don't like it, LOL.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    :happy: Mine is public to my friends and I have no qualms about logging everything. If I have a bad day they sympathise and give me good advice on how to do better. If I have a good day they cheer me on. So I have no problem having a public diary.:happy:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Public so that I am accountable as well as to set a good example for others (except for when I have a less than perfect day)
  • TonyL68
    TonyL68 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Public for a couple reasons.

1. I find MFP great for mutual support. If people benefit from seeing what I do and it helps them - good times.

2. It keeps me accountable and on track. I don't like to see many green calories left on my diary, or any red calories at all. Having it open keeps me from screwing that up.

3. I don't really give a **** if people see how I eat and exercise. :smile: Hell, I wish recipes could be public too.
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Mine is public for a few reasons so that my clients can see what I am doing that and so my friends can see what I am eating and keeping me on track. Do I have good day’s yes do I have bad day’s yes it happens but I don’t let it get me down unless I have a really bad day but then my friends encourage me to get back up off the floor and dust myself off again.

This is what I would do try it for two weeks and if you feel that you are slipping and it isn’t working for you then go back to being private. You have to do what works best for you and makes you feel comfortable.

Good luck to you
  • lcahlander
    Options
    My food diary is open because I don't really care about what anyone says...and you shouldn't either. This journey is about you and only you. Don't be ashame of your food diary, everyone slips up every now and then. Just get right back on the band wagon...and keep progressing. Check out my food diary if you need some suggestions for meals and snacks. Good luck!!! As me if you'd like.

I am in total agreement. My diary is fully public. I will even let you know that I will be deviating on Sunday. I will have made it to the half-century mark and will be celebrating. You will even see that I have some beer during the week. It is a lifestyle change, so I will be continuing the lifestyle after I lose the weight.
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Mine is public to friends only. Because of accountibility mainly...I learn from others diaries, their successes, or what caused them to fail..and I hope that mine can do the same. It would be rude for me to expect others to share theirs but not share mine in return.

There are days where I do suffer from some level of shame knowing what I have to put in there and that everyone will see it and I will be "exposed" for the fraud that I see myself as at THAT very moment...however, it is so much easier to cheat if I don't have to show it to anyone. So I share.
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I keep mine private. I found I was more likely to not fill it out when my friends could see it. To me, it just feels like an overshare. Everyone has just got to do what they feel comfortable with!
  • GC131618
    GC131618 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Mine is public. I log everything on good and bad days. I have never gotten a bad response. Only others saying how yummy that sounded. Or encouragement that tomorrow will be a better day. Ive never had anyone actually complain about what ive eaten. I log McDonald's foods, Starbucks, etc....because I eat these things a lot because I like to study at McDonalds using their wifi. BUT is also makes me careful about what I eat because I want people to see better things on my log. I will get something healthier at McDonalds because it can be viewed. Because I like to hope I am giving my friends ideas of things to eat as well.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It's private, yet a few close friends have the code.