How old were you when you had kids?

Options

Replies

• kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids yet. I will be getting married right before my 26th birthday this summer, but I don't want kids for at least 2-3 years after we get married. 30 is NOT too old to start having kids, with advances in medical technology women can wait longer and longer. I have a friend who is 41 and just had her first baby about a month ago!
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    We're not having kids. I work with kids, I love kids, but I also love coming home after a long day of challenging kids to just my husband and cat. To each his/her own!
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I had my first when I was 19, second when I was 21 and a third as surrogate last July at 30yrs old.
  • shelbysmom08
    Options
    Three girls I was 26,27 and 29 they are all born in July!
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Just keep in mind that the longer you wait, the higher the risk for birth defects for your kid! Risk goes up exponentially once you get past 35.
  • woman1961
    woman1961 Posts: 23
    Options
    i was 23 when i had my oldest daughter i was 24 when i had my middle child and 26 when i had my youngest there all grown now and on there own children can be a blessing whenever u decide to have them
  • lolakh
    lolakh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had my kids at 29, 31, and 33. A great time for starting a family, I am now 50 and I have maintained my energy and enjoyed my daughters every step of the way. It's all about a frame of mind. My girls keep me young and up-to-date and I'm always interested in their world, their friends, and their interests. I dont feel old and they dont treat me like I'm old. They do say however that other parents my age "act old". So enjoy being young enough to keep up with your kids but old enough to be a wise parent!
  • phresh21
    phresh21 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I was 17 with my first, 19 with my second, 21 with my 3rd, and 23 with my 4th. I love all of my little hietherns and wouldn't change anything. It was hard but that was life. We plan on fostering/adopting in the next couple of years as I cannot have anymore.
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    1st -17
    2nd-20
    3rd -25
    4th -33 ( he was a surprise!)

I don't regret being a young mom. It never stopped me I just had to work harder at many things. I graduated high school and went on to graduate college. My husband is a police officer......and we have made a nice home and a nice life for our family.
  • heatherrkayye
    Options
    18. He is six months old now, and he is the best thing that has ever happened. I am also married. I know I'm young, but I'm very mature for my age, and I felt as if I was ready for this. I'm still going to college, I'm still going to have a career. He hasn't interfered with anything other than having a flat belly. Lol. I've never really had a family most of my life, and now I'm glad that I have my own little family. I want to try for a little girl in 2 or 3 years, and then that's it. I'm stopping at 2 kids. lol
  • arkansascountrygirl
    arkansascountrygirl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    27 years old. I have 1 daughter almost 10 years old. I got divorced in 2003. so no more at present.
  • Jameshoover72
    Options
    I was 25 and my wife 22 for the first. 28 and 25 with the second. I also wanted to wait quite a bit longer, but it didn't quite work out that way.
  • TrishaGuy
    TrishaGuy Posts: 63
    Options
    I had my first at 24, 2nd at 26, 3 at 35 and 4th at 37. My youngest is about to turn 16 and they have kept me young for sure :) I just became a grandma 1 month ago.....so excited !!
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    23 with my first and 26 with my second

Me too! We may adopt another in the future but I'm done having babies :-)
  • shellimus
    shellimus Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    27, 29, and 31. It's definitely okay to wait into your 30's!
  • CTK3989
    CTK3989 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    17 when we had our first, 19 when we had our second.
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Had my only child at 31. : )
  • Jenner22
    Jenner22 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm a younger Mom by choice. I had my kids at 20, 23, and 25. I've noticed that I did a lot better with my last child. I was more ready then I was when I was 20.
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I was 19 when I had my first child a girl and then I waited 3 years before my second and last a boy. I am 43 years old now and have an empty nest.
  • geenabug
    geenabug Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I found out I was pregnant on my 19th birthday. Not planned and it was difficult and I did it alone. I was a much better mom in my 30s. Luckily I had her because my husband now (of 8 years) didn't want any children. Recently I wanted more but he was unsure so now I am 43 and wishing I had more but grateful I have the one. I adore her.