Snickers diet?

Options
124»

Replies

• suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

the study was done on people and their offspring that have type 2, the real question what caused it. I'm willing to guess a caloric surplus. I guess it Kind of falls under the whole what came first theory.

I agree there has to be a caloric surplus.
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    After reading this thread I feel that the "quote" button should be banished for good.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    After reading this thread I feel that the "quote" button should be banished for good.

The quote button makes it easier to see what is being replied to.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,661 Member
    Options
    You're cutting maybe 10-15 years off your life. If you want to see your grandkids you need to get real. That's it. You can be thin even if you eat nothing but the Snickers. But you'll have high medical bills and die young.
    While I'm not in agreement (in total with the OP) there's no evidence to show that 10-15 years are getting cut from their life from consuming the foods she's eating now. Why is it some people who smoke (way worse than eating junk food) outlive their non smoking counter parts?
    Just saying that statements without real clinical studies (not articles or opinions) can't be taken as truth when it comes to nutrition, diet and health.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Most of the advice I read from people here on MFP or other fitness gurus that I trust because they do their research and it's not all hype indicate that if you eat healthy 80-90% of the time (the percentage varies), that you can enjoy some junk the other 10-20% of the time. I don't know if I meet those percentages but I do try to eat healthy most meals but I don't turn away junk food, candy, or baked goodies if it fits into my calorie target for the week and I want it. But I don't think all junk food is doing your body any favors or giving you proper fuel. I think it's all about finding a good balance.
    THIS. If you are getting in your daily macro/micro nutrients from good food 80%-90% on a daily basis, staying within calorie limits, getting rest, exercising and having reduced stress, you can pretty much eat any other junk as long as calories don't go in surplus.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Also loving all the clinical studies being posted so I can read and review.

IDEA Fitness member