Replies

• 0AmyMarie0
    0AmyMarie0 Posts: 315
    Options
    SW 149
    CW 141
    GW 110

I'm 27 and 5'2"

I was 110 lbs in June of 2010 so I know that I can get there again. Because I have hypothyroid though, it's going to be hard work!

My calorie goal is 1200 a day, I eat a high protein diet and keep my carbs a bit high too, that's how my body feels happiest. I have a desk job, so I don't think my calorie goal is too low. I try to work out at least every other day, I've been picking it up a bit more right now. I only eat back my calories if I'm feeling hungry. I did the elliptical the last 2 days, an hour one day and a half hour yesterday, today I'm starving, so I'll probably up things a bit today.

My biggest stall in weight loss was not drinking enough water. I was drinking maybe 2-5 glasses, now I upped it to 80-100 oz and the weight is coming off again.
  • hockeymomofbensam
    Options
    I'm 38 yrs old; 5"3

SW 145
    CW 139
    GW 130

Excercise: 5 days (cardio for 3, then cardio + strength for 2)
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and just turned 38 last month.

pre-pregnancy: 115
    during: 145
    current: 134
    goal: 105-110

I am trying to work out 5 days a week, but that is a struggle sometimes. MFP says my calorie intake should be 1200, but seldom do I break 900-1000 and I have not eaten any of my workout calories. I know this sounds pretty extreme, but I eat 3 good meals per day and have 2 snacks, or sometimes even 3 snacks per day as well, and often times, I feel so stuffed that I have to force myself to eat. I think my body is starting to accept that I am feeding it regularly, 5-6 times a day, every 2.5 hours, instead of gorging 1-2 times a day (most of the time well after 10 PM, right before going to bed) and calling it good.
  • coloradotara
    coloradotara Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm a 28 year old mom with 2 kids, medium build. I eat about 1300-1350 cal per day. I exercise at least 6 days week. I am currently doing Couch to 5K, which is 3 days/week. When I'm not doing that, I'm power walking at least 30 minutes. I'm also doing Ripped in 30, doing that 5 days/week. Sometimes, I eat some of my exercise calories back and sometimes I don't...depends on if I'm still hungry! I listen to what my body is telling me!

5'3"
    SW: 175
    CW: 162.1
    UGW: 120-125
  • bogle34
    bogle34 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3
    age 34
    SW 161
    GW 125
    Calories 1200
    I work out at least 5-6 days a week - cario & strengh training!

I'm new - add me as friend! I need all the help.
  • valerieschram
    valerieschram Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2.5", and I am maintaining at 115. I workout 6-7 days a week (2 days of strength training and cardio 30-45 minutes a day). My maintenance calories are 1570. I eat all my exercise calories, so I generally average around 1800-1900 calories a day. I can't imagine eating 1200 calories a day or less; I would be starving! I lost about 55 pounds from my last post pregnancy weight. I did it very slowly because I didn't want to lose too much muscle or cut my calories by too much.
  • GouletB
    GouletB Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    5'2.5"
    26years old
    two kids (2,4)
    Got up to 170lbs with each of them
    CW 120

I don't care about my weight though im shooting for lower body fat % as im going to compete in my first bikini competition with the npc (bodybuilding). I eat around 1400 cal but mostly focus on my fat protein and carb intake. Im at 19.6% right now and just a few weeks ago was at 22.7%. I did it with focusing on my micros and lifting heavy 5 days a week , NO cardio. That's what's working for me but we all have different goals and our bodys respond different to things. Remember there are no magic numbers, listen to and know your body.
  • tanklissa
    tanklissa Posts: 70
    Options
    Well, I'm 5'4" - but

SW- 154
    CW-152
    GW -130
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    age 42
    5'2 (barely) meduim build

sw 252
    cw 137.4
    gw 137... but would like 132 if I can maintain it!

**** 1200 calories and I eat nearly all my exercise calories.... or a tad more on my long run days!

My workout routine:
    Sunday: 4 to 12 mile run (depending on where I am in my 1/2 marathon training)
    Monday: strength training
    Tuesday: spin bike
    Wednesday: 3 mile run
    Thursday: rest day
    Friday: 3 to 4 1/2 mile run
    Saturday: Strengh training

Plus I walk on my breaks at work so I get an additional 10 to 15 miles of walking in per week.
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Height: 5ft 3.5
    SW: 144
    Current Weight: 119
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 117 - but more interested in reducing bodyfat.
    Calories: 1700 ish
    Excercise: 4-5 Days a week (3 Strength, 1 or 2 Cardio)
  • mamaecho
    mamaecho Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 5ft2, nursing part time, and my calories for each day is 1200.

CW: 211.5
    GW: 170
    UGW: 150

I haven't started working out yet.
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Im 34,
    5'2
    sw. 135
    cw 125
    gw 115

I eat roughly 1000-1100 cal per day.. I do however give myself a treat day once every 10 days or so when I eat about 1500. . .
    The only problem im finding is that now that Ive lost some bulk I have a flabbier stomach and lovehandles where it used to be more rounded. Plus, my legs are so BIG compared to everything else on me :sad:
    I take a bike ride almost everyday with my 3 year old and I also walk while he rides his tricycle... besides that Ive been slackin on the working out..... BUT I cant wait to drop another 10 pounds and then re evaluate these things... :love:
  • Tmarinari
    Tmarinari Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi I am 5 foot 1 and a half. :) I am 33 years old and a mother of 2.

sw161 (171)at my biggest)
    cw 154
    goal is 145
    would love to get down to 135.

I try and eat all my calories every day. I am finding it hard to eat them all including the ones i burn from exercising. I am addicted to turbo jam and crunches. I also do an hour of cardio everynight while i watch tv before bed. I eat and eat but most of the time do not get enough calories, I even eat junk lol
    But i am losing inches so i just go with it :)
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Im 5'2" and 3/4ths (lol) Im almost 31
    current weight is 134-136 depending on day and time
    goal weight between 125 and 130
    After 4 kids I want to see where my hips are before I drop too much weight :)
    I try to workout when I can and working on making it a daily habit. I would ultimately like to do cardio and strength alternating and throw in a lil pilates or yoga on down days. and Im a video junkie as well.
    my calorie setting is 1360 i try and stay between 1300 and 1500 and i eat my exercise cals on the days i workout.

I am by far not perfect at this and my real goal is to be healthy.
  • allisonmrichard
    allisonmrichard Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    5'3"

Highest Weight: 200
    Starting Weight: 187
    Current Weight: 142
    Goal Weight: 130
    Ultimate Goal Weight

1200 calories, sometimes I eat my exercise calories and other times I don't.

I go to aerobics classes on campus and use the exercise equipment in the rec center including the treadmill, elliptical, step machine and stationary bike. I do strength training too. I also do Jillian Michaels DVDs a lot, and TurboFire and P90X when I'm not at school.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Ok I pretend to be 5'2 but I really am 5'1 :flowerforyou:

age 34

SW on 1/9/2012-226
    CW 198.8
    GW 123 -140, not sure what I look like at 140, last time I was 140 I was in 4th grade.

I eat about 1200, when I exercise I might consume about 250 cals more, I only eat if I am hungry. I eat more protein and fiber, so don't really have hunger pains. I exercise to videos that run 20 to 40 min 6 days a week(tae bo, biggest loser), do the elliptical, walk or bike ride. Today is day one of 30day shred and day 3 of the 200 situp challenge.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3
    SW: 145
    CW: 132
    GW: 115

I started MFP back up again in January originally eating 1200 calories but stalled out and am now eating 1300. I run 4xs per week between 2.5 to 5 miles currently but that will increase with my 10k training schedule (and so will my calories). I eat back all of my excersize calories now. If I didn't, I would only net about 800 to 1,000 calories and that is far too little for me. I'm a much nicer person when I'm not hungry all the time. :smile:
  • sgbeck
    sgbeck Posts: 9
    Options
    Age 44
    Height 5'2"

SW 161
    CW 150
    GW 120

MFP recommends 1200 calories a day but I eat that plus my exercise calories per day. I do light cardio every morning and walk 30-40 minutes sometimes twice a day 7 days a week at 3.0 and 4.0 mph. I eat all health natural and organic foods. I stay away from processed foods as much as possible. I started about 4 weeks ago! Good luck everyone :)
  • sarallong
    sarallong Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    36 yrs old
    5'3
    Biggest (not preggo) 145
    Current 127
    Goal 120-125

I am set at 1200 calories. I ALWAYS try to eat back my exercise calories which puts me at approx. 1500-1700 cal.
    I workout everyday!! I LOVE lifting weights (with cardio at the end) 5 x a week and cardio only 2 x a week. My goal is to be strong and sexy!!!!
  • Nenabobena
    Nenabobena Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

SW: (heaviest I've been) 165
    CW: 163.2
    GW: 120

I have MFP to 1270 calories a day but sometimes I go over because I'm doing a high protein diet. I'm hypoglycemic (it's in my genes) and hypothyroid so a low carb diet helps me to better manage my glucose levels.
    I have only been doing this for the last 3 weeks as I barely started to get serious about my weight after I gained 20lbs in two months (thank you hormones). I got myself a personal trainer and I work out M-F 45 minutes of circuit training. My trainer doesn't want me eating my exercise calories back, however she recommended to get 1g of protein for every pound of my desired goal weight. Eating 120g of protein is really hard! I have been supplementing my protein intake with protein shakes and I'm barely making it to 110g daily . I'm just full most of the time and it's also hard to balance more protein while trying to stay low on my calories too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!