101lbs Lost

Options

Replies

• childofbodom123
    childofbodom123 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for such kind words. I also have a help for heroes hoody. Always wanted one since they came out but never had any in my old size! So that was a great feeling too!

@JohnJoJames. Good name! I did have good and bad days, especially the first few month. There was the odd week where I didn't lose weight and felt pretty down about it. However I looked beyond that day and week and knew that if I just kept going I would get there in the end. I was very careful with what I ate and I entered food into fitness pal before I ate it just to be 100% sure I could have the calories and it all became easier!

And for your second question. My motivation was a number of things. Health, fitness, clothes, self esteem, but I would say personally for me my biggest motivation and biggest help was my fiance. She was her recommended weight when I joined fitness pal but she also signed up and she sat with me and also filled in her food diary even though she was a perfect weight! So that also helped a lot :-). But your motivation should always be for health and to feel better about yourself if you don't already!! Thanks for the comment :-).
  • tlayson
    tlayson Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Now it's time to buy new pants, they're too big! Congrats.
  • johnjojones
    Options
    Thank you all for such kind words. I also have a help for heroes hoody. Always wanted one since they came out but never had any in my old size! So that was a great feeling too!

@JohnJoJames. Good name! I did have good and bad days, especially the first few month. There was the odd week where I didn't lose weight and felt pretty down about it. However I looked beyond that day and week and knew that if I just kept going I would get there in the end. I was very careful with what I ate and I entered food into fitness pal before I ate it just to be 100% sure I could have the calories and it all became easier!

And for your second question. My motivation was a number of things. Health, fitness, clothes, self esteem, but I would say personally for me my biggest motivation and biggest help was my fiance. She was her recommended weight when I joined fitness pal but she also signed up and she sat with me and also filled in her food diary even though she was a perfect weight! So that also helped a lot :-). But your motivation should always be for health and to feel better about yourself if you don't already!! Thanks for the comment :-).

Thank you for replying. Is there any food you would recommend? Just one or two to get me started if you wouldn't mind :-).
  • slimsteelerfan
    slimsteelerfan Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I've been inspired! You look amazing!
  • childofbodom123
    Options
    Thank you :smile:

@John - I would swear by green tea! When you have reached your daily goal, if you feel hungry still then have a cup of green tea! It does stop you feeling hungry and it is good for you and is a proven fat burner (with exercise) and it tastes nice too :happy:

Any brand, I'm in the UK and I use either tetleys, tesco's own or twinnings. But I'm sure any brand will suffice. Can get different flavour hints, I've tried the honey, lemon and also ginger. Lemon and honey is my favourite, both 1 calorie per cup! :smile:
  • 140Aimee
    140Aimee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Dude, well done! you look amazing!!!
  • TTcarey
    TTcarey Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You look great and I bet you feel a thousand times better... congratulations you are an inspiration for all
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Damn boy, you're cute. :) I know we're not supposed to judge people based on their appearances, but maybe it's also because you look happier! Congratulations!
  • jamessmith1973
    Options
    You look much happier in your new pictures! Is that your fiance in the first picture stood next to you? You should post a picture of you to together now! Really inspiring pictures, I need to lose over 100 pounds and I've already lost 20 pounds before joining my fitness pal! It looks like you have no loose skin either, is there any work out tips you would give? I have a bad leg so I am pretty limited, i noticed you said you had a bad leg too so i wondered exactly what exercise you have done to help lose the weight? It is a muscular problem so i can't do much gym exercise. Also, if you wouldn't mind, I am also a vegetarian but i am a sucker for the ready meals, are they bad? what quorn / vegetarian dishes would you say is best?

Really awesome pictures, well done!
  • childofbodom123
    Options

@James - You can see a tiny bit of my fiance yes, I shall get some pictures of us together before and now! Congrats on losing 20 pounds so far! I was diagnosed with deep vein thrombosis 7 years ago and it causes me a lot of pain every day so I am also limited with exercise. Hill walking is what I have done during my time on fitness pal! Between 2 and 5 mile per day, 40 minutes to 90 per day. It is about as tough an exercise as my leg can take daily and to begin with I was desperate to get in the gym, but that causes so much pain in my leg I always ended up giving up!

Always avoid ready meals! They are so high in salt and are bad. However not all are bad, tesco Italian vegetable lasagne is nice and not bad in nutrition, my advice would be to check the nutrition on the pack and check for fat etc but homemade is always better! And eating quorn is a head start too as it is so much lower in everything than meat! Check the quorn website for recipes :smile:
  • _Shelley_
    _Shelley_ Posts: 206
    Options
    You look great! You shed a whole person...well, small person :)
  • johnjojones
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. My internet stopped working the day after I signed up, typical. However, I am back and going to get losing weight. Do you enjoy shopping now? I buy whatever fits and I hate it, were you like that?
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Good job
  • Metamorphasis555
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!! Awesome job! :)
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! You look smoking hot and fabulous!
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    Snap!!! Fantastic!
  • childofbodom123
    Options
    Thank you :-)

@John - I enjoy shopping more now, I too used to shop for whatever fit, now I can be picky!
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Holy S###!!!!! Wow!! You look incredible and totally different! Way to go!
  • duffydog1
    duffydog1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    wow - amazing!
  • childofbodom123
    Options
    Thank you both :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!