Do people's avatars make a difference to how you see them?

Options

Replies

• MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I think variety is a good thing, I love to see all the different avatars on MFP. I change mine from time to time and I guess others do too. Don't think it makes a ha'peth of difference whether it's a photo of yourself or a cartoon. Vive la difference!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I have a body-shot avatar because I finally reached a 'normal' BMI and I'm trying to see myself as others might and not as the chubby woman I've always been. Getting rid of that fat mentality is hard!

I take others' avatars as an indication of their personality. I love seeing all the fun, whimsical choices people make and I have friended people just because their avatar appealed to me.
    13507710_5865_thumb.jpg
    This is me and I expect everyone else to put a photo of themselves as well.
    Squirrel - I do wonder what gravity your home planet has that you have so much to lose!

:laugh: They don't have an ounces setting!!
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I definitely dont judge based on what people look like, but I do like the recognition of knowing whose on the board. Mine is a pic of me. I was feeling wicked hot that day, so i used it. Give me a week or two, and it will probably be a kitty picture :)
    O_O you cant do that here!
    i realize you probably feel super wicked hot the day you take that pic, but i already got a warning for typing the word, nevermind showing a pic.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    When I friend someone, I like to know what they really look like. I don't care for the people who ONLY have pictures of random people or things up...I'd rather you at least have ONE picture of yourself! After I know what you look like, doesn't matter what body type, race, or creed, they can put a picture of the Easter bunny up for all I care. :)

I like my friends list to be personal, and to match a name with a face! :flowerforyou:
  • Luvmyboxerboy
    Luvmyboxerboy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Makes no difference to me which picture people choose to have up!
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    13507710_5865_thumb.jpg
    This is me and I expect everyone else to put a photo of themselves as well.
    Squirrel - I do wonder what gravity your home planet has that you have so much to lose!
    :laugh: They don't have an ounces setting!!

coverlaugh.gif
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    People never put up fake pics of themselves, do they?
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I actually like real pictures and I enjoy watching my friends slim down, bulk up etc... as they accomplish their goals!!! It's inspiring and it helps me continue to feel motivated as well.
  • MrDude_1
    Options
    People never put up fake pics of themselves, do they?

some people do.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    real picture, fake situation...LOL
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    real picture, fake situation...LOL

lol!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Please dont judge Dr. Zoidberg!

wubwubwubwubwubwubw
  • MrDude_1
    Options
    Please dont judge Dr. Zoidberg!

wubwubwubwubwubwubw

lol. i love futurama....
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I don't have any problems with people's avatars, it says something about who they are.
    I am always looking for new friends, feel free to add me :)
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter to me as long as they are not extremely offensive :happy:
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    I think yes,
    but I do have my normal avatar tattooed on my chest .... a Grim reaper, and the avatar my wife was using when we met tattooed next 2 it. lol,,,,a She-devil.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I get used to someone's avatar- if its a graphic that I come to associate with them or their face or its just a fun different pic for a couple days- thats cool- i dont care- its fun to switch things up. But when someone has zero pictures of themselves... it can hinder me from attempting to get to know them, because they already put a wall between us. shrug. just my humble-pinion.
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Not so much in how I see them - but almost certainly in how I respond. No picture at all makes it difficult for me to want to respond, things other than the person tend to make me respond more slowly. But a picture of the person will almost always get a response - I don't care what the weight or anything else is, I guess I just like seeing who I'm talking to!
  • Neigh2012
    Neigh2012 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I like looking at people's real pictures. I'm a horse girl, so if, say, someone has a picture of a horse in their pic, I'll generally add them. :) There are people I just look at their pic and go "Wow. You look great!" And send a friend request so I can hear about what they're doing to keep lookin so good! And the people who aren't skinny, I'm right there with em-I'll add them too so I have another person who appreciates the effort of trying to slim down. What can I say, I like most people? :)
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Not at all.. but if they're a cute guy they get bonus points.