Replies

• overfences
    overfences Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bumping this!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I love this post. I would have to add on that this is great info for anything done in the heat. Biking, playing sports or even stuff as simple as boating or spending a day at the beach. Its best to be hydrated and safe fur a fun summer!
  • MalSponseller
    MalSponseller Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    It's not quite as hot here in Georgia, but we do have more humidity to deal with. I think your list is pretty complete. I would just reemphasize - hydrate. Drink all day. It's too late to start drinking once you are out the door starting the run.

As we Georgians like to say, "It's not the heat...it's the humidity!" :) Doesn't take much to get the sweat rolling in July and August!

BTW....great tip on the sunblock. :)

Not sure what part of Georgia y'all are in, but I'd say over 100 degrees every day this weekend is pretty darn hot. THEN tack on the issue of humidity.
  • Jenn09870
    Jenn09870 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! Would have never thought of the long sleeves, just seems counter-intuitive, but will definitely try.
    Today in South Carolina it was 98*! With humidity factored in the Weather online said the temp felt 114*. Translates to miserable.

Lots of useful information!

I'm currently biding my time for the sun to get behind the trees... :smile:
  • keithgi
    keithgi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Excellent post! I grew up in TX and used to run after dark by the streetlights. A couple of times I ran mid-day in the woods along a shaded trail, but quickly found it was still just too hot! Now I live in East TN and try to be out the door by 6:15a even though it is not quite as bad here (and I'm a good bit older), just makes things so much more pleasant and less dangerous.

Again, super post and by bumping hopefully more people will see it at a time of year it is sorely needed.
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    bump
  • murray292
    murray292 Posts: 32
    Options
    Bump
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! Bump
  • cPT_Helice
    cPT_Helice Posts: 403
    Options
    Bump
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    **Bump** A friend shared this with me, it is that time of year again, so this is really good info for a runner like myself, who this is my first summer running outdoors. :smile: