WHY oh WHY do guys yell at girls? - rant

Options
Bettsy_A
Bettsy_A Posts: 81 Member
I was just out for a bike ride, and me outside exercising is NOT a pretty sight. Usually I'm sweating, covered in spiders' webs (I couldn't avoid it! YUCK!) and grimacing from exertion.

While I was puffing and panting up this hill, a 4wd filled with guys drove past, and they honked and hooted and yelled at me, and watched me as they drove past.
Their stupid little faces peering out of the window, while driving a machine capable of killing everyone on that road.
This happened 3 times!!

SERIOUSLY?? And no, it's not a compliment! A compliment is saying "hey, you look great" not "OI! SHOW US YA BOOBS! HAHABJDBAJHSBAUISJH!!!!!"

So WHY do guys do this? Act like they've never seen a girl before, and therefore act like buffoons? Don't they realise that no one likes them?

BTW this is from a girl's POV. I don't know if girls do this to guys, but if they do, WHY??

Replies

• KJVBear33
    KJVBear33 Posts: 628
    Options
    Cause they are immature..........they think that its okay to be pervs.......then again, if you are a guy and do this........my apologies since I don't actually know you well enough to call you that specifically. But other idiots ruin it for the decent guys out there that lose their head seeing a pretty woman.........
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Yah. No idea. I had a guy smack my backside from his car with a broom when I was riding my bike. It ended with me over-the-handle-bars. Luckily I wasn't hurt - but what if I had fallen into the path of an oncoming car.

NOT cool.
  • Bettsy_A
    Options
    They do! It just blows my mind that guys think it's hilarious/acceptable behaviour! Would they like men doing the same to their mother? or their sister? or their girlfriend?
    Also, I wonder if this tactic has ever worked for them. I wonder if anyone got a wife because once upon a time, they yelled obscenities at her as she waited for a bus.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Cause they are immature

This. I've never done anything like that in my life,
  • KJVBear33
    KJVBear33 Posts: 628
    Options
    Cause they are immature

This. I've never done anything like that in my life,

Good for you! Here is a decent guy!! Major props.........I like how you think.........
  • Bettsy_A
    Options
    Yah. No idea. I had a guy smack my backside from his car with a broom when I was riding my bike. It ended with me over-the-handle-bars. Luckily I wasn't hurt - but what if I had fallen into the path of an oncoming car.

NOT cool.

WHAT!? Oh my goodness, that makes me mad! What a tool!! You poor thing! Anything worse could have happened, what utter creeps!
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    90% of all guys hit the pause button on maturity at age 14
    it's why we play video games into our 40s and beyond :glasses:
    it's why we laugh at fart jokes our whole lives :laugh:
    it's why we love gross out humor :bigsmile:

with that said, I have never yelled out a car windor at a lady or hit her with a broom. Even that offends my sensibilites :huh:
  • Bettsy_A
    Options
    Oh, and I am well aware not all guys do it! Those guys are fantastic! I'm just ranting about the guys who do this.
    I don't know anyone who does it, at least not in my presence.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

with that said, I have never yelled out a car windor at a lady or hit her with a broom. Even that offends my sensibilites :huh:

*kicks rocks* I have yelled out the window at a hot woman. *hangs head*
    The broom thing never happened though.
  • Bettsy_A
    Options

Hey, hey...there is nothing wrong with video games into 40's haha! and fart jokes and gross out humour is fine! heheh
    A friend suggested that when males get together in cars, testosterone goes up and IQ goes down haha! Not sure if it's true, but I wonder if tests have been done?
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    It's moronic-pack mentality! Cut one from the pack and he'd be like Raj from the Big Bang Theory! :bigsmile:
  • Bettsy_A
    Options
    It's moronic-pack mentality! Cut one from the pack and he'd be like Raj from the Big Bang Theory! :bigsmile:

THIS!! haha!
  • hapoo100
    Options

i demand fingerprints on said broom, i have a sneaking suspicion you swung for the fences
  • hapoo100
    Options

I resemble this remark
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Groupthink and a perpetual sexual desire.
  • Bikini27
    Options

i demand fingerprints on said broom, i have a sneaking suspicion you swung for the fences

They were coming right for me!
    http://vodpod.com/watch/1130005-its-coming-right-for-us-clips-south-park-studios
  • Bikini27
    Options

THIS!! haha!

Honestly, I've seen a group of women do the exact same thing.
    It's stupid, but there is a down side to being hot.
  • elcyclista
    elcyclista Posts: 393
    Options
    I been yelled at while cycling too by group of girls in a car a few times. I think people just like scaring cyclists.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    immautre boys do this. MEN don't
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    That's just one of many reasons why the word CREEPER exists.

I had grown 30-40 year old men do this when I wore my high school uniform even...
    Also had guys pull over when I am ignoring them, get out of their cars, and start following me.

I live in Japan now, and they even have separate female-only train/subway cars because of the groping problem...

The older I get, the more I realize just how many crazies there really are. A LOT.

PS: Sorry that happened to you!