WHY oh WHY do guys yell at girls? - rant

Options

Replies

• chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Never shouted, but have beeped. Mostly they seem to smile. Having been beeped at it's quite cool I think.

I don't think of it as a way to pull, more of a way to effectively convey as passing "excuse me but I think you are a particularly attractive woman, and I thought you should know that if I were not driving with somewhere to go, and this were a more appropriate setting I would politely strike up a conversation with you"
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I literally had a guy in the lane beside me whip out his PENIS while he was driving and WAVE IT AT ME! He leaned up so far I could see the whole thing.

I called the police.

What was he driving with??? Maybe he was just being friendly and waving hello?

The logistics of this are just boggling my mind...

ps: good move for calling the cops. What a downright stupid thing to do...
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    I've never done this, guess thier just unevolved cavemen...
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    cuz guys are dumb.

I have never yelled out to a person from my car, but I do admit to trying to catch a glance at many women I see running or biking or (true story) doing Yoga in a bikini 100 yards from a outdoor scouting event with over 100 11-12 year old boys (and about 20 dad trying not to get caught looking LOL).
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Boys hoot and hollar to show off. The more mature you get the more subtle you are. You can still get caught checking out a woman, hey it happens.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-hvQ_A0jfZj76d7iWhYIWHCv62_19xKR20boum9qrPsW3Bu7Q7Q
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    thats why i dont say wow your hot or sexy... i just say... MAN YOU LOOK HEALTHY.. cause t.v. told me it was ok to do that..
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Immaturity.

I was helping out at a charitable event. I was literally standing at the entry to this charity event at my school and a guy drove by and told me I would like to see what's under my clothes.... And he said it OUTLOUD! in front of families, children, faculty at my school, the community etc. It was so embarrassing.

Yea I say its immaturity
  • DarthCeltic
    Options
    Immaturity.

I was helping out at a charitable event. I was literally standing at the entry to this charity event at my school and a guy drove by and told me I would like to see what's under my clothes.... And he said it OUTLOUD! in front of families, children, faculty at my school, the community etc. It was so embarrassing.

Yea I say its immaturity

is there some secret things you have that we have never seen or anything?
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Yah. No idea. I had a guy smack my backside from his car with a broom when I was riding my bike. It ended with me over-the-handle-bars. Luckily I wasn't hurt - but what if I had fallen into the path of an oncoming car.

NOT cool.

Wow--that sucks! A group of guys honked their horns like crazy as I rode my horse, and he almost threw me. Idiots.
  • DarthCeltic
    Options
    cuz guys are dumb.

I have never yelled out to a person from my car, but I do admit to trying to catch a glance at many women I see running or biking or (true story) doing Yoga in a bikini 100 yards from a outdoor scouting event with over 100 11-12 year old boys (and about 20 dad trying not to get caught looking LOL).

The empire allows storm troopers to gawk? Pssh.. dont let vader find out!
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    because they are blokes ...................................
  • Hj723
    Hj723 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I take a 2 mile walk on my lunch break which is a two loop process. People are always honking and shouting at me. I don't understand it. All they accomplish is scaring the **** out of me most of the time. I also walk by this auto repair shop and listen to them whistle and hoot as I walk by... BOTH TIMES! I walk by that shop almost 10 times in one week.... at some point you'd think they'd stop. Like I said... I don't understand it, but I just try to ignore it.
  • burg1801
    burg1801 Posts: 124
    Options
    I know this is a rant but trust me when I say that not all guys are like this, not even a large percentage of us. The ones that did that to you are complete tools.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I've had men and boys do this to me since I was 12 and looked 12 for that matter. One guy actually tried to feel me up in the street last year (I called the police). I've also been followed home. It's not a compliment. As you said, a compliment is 'Hey, you look great!', something designed to make you feel good about yourself. What these silly little boys do is creepy, pathetic and sometimes downright terrifying.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    This happens to me all the time! I was putting my daughter in a grocery cart this morning in the grocery store parking lot and a car full of guys started yelling and hitting on me... at 9am! What the hell is that? It is NOT okay to do that. I have no idea why they think it is okay... and in the morning?! What?!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    The ones that really get me going are the idiots that even have GIRLS in the car... dumb girlfriends that let their boyfriends run rampant... and they sit there like wimps and scream at the top of their lungs when you walk by their vehicle to scare you. Even if you have another GUY with you. It's all about the lack of self esteem and being a macho man I guess. Absolutely stupid.

Or another one where some "gangstas" see me walking innocently home by myself and for some reason I MUST get in their car. I say NO and it actually pisses them off?!!!??? SORRY I do not want a ride home from a stranger let a lone multiple ones where I basically am signing up for potential rape.

And I can't forget that SAME walk home where some creepy old guy just has to pull up next to me and offer a ride home... knowing full well that I saw him veer out of traffic and go out of his way to come bug me... OBVIOUSLY not an innocent gesture.... so I turn him down and he gets all angry and swipes his arm at me then speeds off.

OR, the weirdo that has to get out of traffic and park his car, walk across a field and come up to me and offer me a ride home. LOL! Yeah right! I will do just fine without a stranger's help.

I swear.... it's like a magnet or something. I don't dress for attention getting nor wear a sign that says, "Please! Come harass me!" I refuse to walk down the road nowadays because of this bs.
  • Lane1012
    Lane1012 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    wait .. this doesn't work?!?! FML ... I've been goin about it all wrong!
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    A guy friend of mine once shared his theory on group male behavior. He said, Do you know why zebra's have stripes? Because it's a defense mechanism. When zebras are running in a herd, the stripes zig-zagging about cause a very disorienting optical illusion. So when the zebras are hanging altogether, they can talk as much smack about the lionness as they want. The lionness is completely dumbfounded by the zebra pack's behavior. But when one zebra gets separated from the herd? That zebra doesn't say *kitten*.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    23573598019475421_ydgmWZ6T_b.jpg
  • salmat77
    salmat77 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    A guy friend of mine once shared his theory on group male behavior. He said, Do you know why zebra's have stripes? Because it's a defense mechanism. When zebras are running in a herd, the stripes zig-zagging about cause a very disorienting optical illusion. So when the zebras are hanging altogether, they can talk as much smack about the lionness as they want. The lionness is completely dumbfounded by the zebra pack's behavior. But when one zebra gets separated from the herd? That zebra doesn't say *kitten*.

LMAO!!!:bigsmile: