First Half Marathon... and obese

Options
124»

Replies

• sugiravi
    sugiravi Posts: 48
    Options
    You are really inspirational-- I keep telling myself to lose the weight before attempting any of the things I want to do (marathon/hiking/joining a kickboxing class) but I think that's just an excuse. I'm perfectly capable of doing those things right now, the weight will come off when it comes off.
    Anyway, thanks for the story :)
  • ccbing
    ccbing Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your first HALF!!! I just registered for my first half. It won't be until Feb. 2013. I just want to finish it in the 4 hours that's allotted for the half. I'm sure as I train...I will want to finish it in less that 4. I just don't want to get too wrapped up in the numbers now. :)
  • jadesurber
    Options
    What inspiration! I am signed up for one and have another two 5K's to do in the next few months. I was going to wait until I felt better about running, lost some weight, etc...any excuse to put it off. Now I know it doesn't matter how I do>just DO IT! Once I get started I know it will snowball from there. It's been a few years since I've done 5K's and remember the feelling of finishing, accomplishing, and being cheered across the finish line.

My goal in the very near future also is to finish a 1/2 marathon. Thanks for getting my mind headed back in the right direction!
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    You're so awesome!!! Can't wait to see your marathon finish photo!!!
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    What inspiration! I am signed up for one and have another two 5K's to do in the next few months. I was going to wait until I felt better about running, lost some weight, etc...any excuse to put it off. Now I know it doesn't matter how I do>just DO IT! Once I get started I know it will snowball from there. It's been a few years since I've done 5K's and remember the feelling of finishing, accomplishing, and being cheered across the finish line.

My goal in the very near future also is to finish a 1/2 marathon. Thanks for getting my mind headed back in the right direction!

You're welcome and good luck to ya!
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You rock!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I am so impressed (and a little jealous!) You rock!
  • sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Very inspirational!
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I am doing C25K right now. I just finished W2D1 today and thought for a second, what if I am not in good enough shape to do this program but I will NOT let negativity get to me. You are an inspiration :):)
  • taramaureen
    Options
    That's awesome! I am doing C25K right now. I just finished W2D1 today and thought for a second, what if I am not in good enough shape to do this program but I will NOT let negativity get to me. You are an inspiration :):)

C25K is an awesome progam. You CAN do it.
  • MrsEb79
    MrsEb79 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great job! You should be very proud of your accomplishment. I'm a runner and I'm overweight. If you work hard, anything is possible. The number on the scale will never hold me down.
  • tjs616
    tjs616 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! I hear people say "I can't do it because I'm too fat". And I think it's BS. Train for it, and you can do it!

^^^ This a million times over. I completed my first half around 275. I may have been the last one to finish, but finish I did. I just made it into the "Obese" category this week from "Morbidly Obese" and my second half is this weekend. I'll be insanely happy with a finish anywhere under 3:30. Great job on your first half!
  • taramaureen
    Options
    That's so awesome! I hear people say "I can't do it because I'm too fat". And I think it's BS. Train for it, and you can do it!

^^^ This a million times over. I completed my first half around 275. I may have been the last one to finish, but finish I did. I just made it into the "Obese" category this week from "Morbidly Obese" and my second half is this weekend. I'll be insanely happy with a finish anywhere under 3:30. Great job on your first half!

Wow now that's great!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!