A question for the ladies....

Options
124»

Replies

• lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I have a few friends, like a handful, most came from my last job. I do have a best friend. I've known her for 15 years. We've had our ups and downs, changes in life changes in our personalities, but we always do our best to work on a new kind of friendship. I'm married with kids and she's single. She is like a sister and when we go out places a lot of people think we are sisters. I don't know what I'd do without her.
  • Dimplybutt
    Dimplybutt Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think that after adulthood (unless you are one of those rare people that has a long term friendship that just hangs on and doesn't change) I think the expectation of one "female bestie" is unrealistic. The only people in my life I consider to be my best friends right now are my husband and my "fur child." Otherwise I have a small group of friends I consider myself to be closest to and then I have friends that fit certain areas of my life that I might see 3-4 times a year. In addition I have friends I do specific activities with (Bargain hunting, cooking, exercising), etc.

^ ^ This :smile:
  • lizzie2190
    lizzie2190 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    looking back 10 years ago, i literaly had no close friends, which now makes me feel really sad but at the time i was so wrapped up with my the boyfriend 9 whos now my husband) i didnt notice.... over the last few years i havemade a few close friends which is nice, its nice to have someone to text/call or hang out with when needed.. some people seem to have massive groups of girlies to hang out with but dont think iwill ever be one of them x
  • Dimplybutt
    Dimplybutt Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    People come in and out of your life as you need them. I have a BFF that I met when I was 16. We were kindred spirits. Since we lived over 1,000 miles away from each other we became pen pals and kept in touch with long letters. I married first and had children first. Our letters became less and less but we stayed in contact through Christmas Cards. I traveled to her city a few times and would get in contact with her but our lives were just busy with living. After my family was raised I just felt I wanted to be more than just a Christmas Card Friend. So I reached out and contacted her. We had so much to say and with Cell, Email and Facebook communicated daily. In the last 7 years we have traveled back and forth at least 3 times a year to visit. When I turned 50 my Husband surprised me by bringing her here to stay a week with me. Last year when my husband died she was the first person I called and she found the first flight out. We share an unconditional love, celebrate each others joys and comfort each others sorrow.

I loved reading this! :smile: Thank you for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have a best friend, have for over 21 years. I don't think everyone has to have one though. I think if you do great, if you don't and you are happy without one, that is great too. :)
  • Char_marcus
    Char_marcus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My best friend and I started at senior school together on the same day half way through the school year and were close, until we left.
    We lost contact in college and re-connected when our children were 1. We have been close ever since.
    We have loads in common, and although she lives 30 miles away and we don't see each other as often as we would like, it feels like yesterday when we do.
    She truly is like a sister to me and i can tell her anything and know she won't judge and can always offer practical advice.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I don't have any close friends at all. I wish that I did and it would be WONDERFUL to be able to have someone to do stuff with (besides my husband and 2 sons), but that's not the case.

I blame a lot of it on the fact that I'm so shy and don't know what to say to people and that I'm VERY different than the people that live around me, so I don't really have a lot in common with them (they are more interested in material possessions and status and I'm not).