5"7 ladies?

Options
What's your ideal weight? & what are you doing to lose weight? I'd rather hear things from women that are my same height. I'm 5"7 & I'd like to be 120-125. I'm 148 at the moment, any advice/comments?

Replies

• chani25
    chani25 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and I am currently 155. My ideal weight is 135-140. I used to be 125 in High School, but looking back I felt I looked too skinny. But, everyone's body type is different. For our height, the average, without being under or over is 118-159lbs. Half of that is 138.5, so that is what I'm shooting for. Good luck girl :)
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm a good bit older than you and pretty muscular/CrossFit. I'm 5'7" also but would like to weigh around 145-150 as my GW. Weighed 115# out of high school & going into college; weighed around 135# when I was in the Air Force (already had 1 son at hat time); CW= SUX! LOL! But, I'm getting there!
  • skinnybysummer24
    Options
    I hope you get there! I'm just unhappy with my appearance & I'd love to be small. I've always been the heavy one. So being skinny and having room to gain is my goal :)
  • annissa19
    annissa19 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I would to be 135-138!!! Good luck in your journey :-)!
  • chani25
    chani25 Posts: 7
    Options
    I got up to 185 a year ago and lost 40 lbs, but ended up gaining 10 back. But, I'm starting the process all over. When I lost all that weight I was simply exercising (a brisk walk 3.5 mph) for 45 min a day 4 days a week. I was eating under 1500 calories a day and making sure to have a good healthy breakfast in the morning, so my metabolism was ready to go for the day! Drink lots of water!! And don't waste your calories on drinks or foods that aren't going to fill you up. I'd have eggs and a piece of toast in the morning, or a breakfast essential. For lunch I would have a sandwich with lots of meat and pickles, so it would fill me up. Instead of mayo or cheese, I'd use Laughing Cow cheese (there are diff. flavors). I'd have an apple or some kind of fruit for a snack in the afternoon and then for dinner I'd have a nice sensible meal, usually a chicken breast with some vegetables. Use eatbetteramerica.com and skinnytaste.com ...they have awsome recipes that are "healthified" :) Hope this helps!
  • JHB2011
    JHB2011 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and a half, does that count? :-P
    Anyway.. I currently weigh 135... I'm "skinny fat" -- I look good with clothes on, but not so much with them off.
    I'd ideally like to be about 129 (just to be in the 120s haha) but I realize that may be impossible with my strength training.
    I'm starting to concentrate more on my physical changes then my scale changes.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    My comment is i'd like to smack ya ;)
  • linnylosing
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and want to be 130 - was 115 coming out of HS and now 145. I think under 130 is too small for me!
  • birdieintx
    birdieintx Posts: 298
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and currently at 151. My goal is in the 130-135 range. It's a weight that looks really healthy on me. In the 120s I look a little bony.
  • skinnybysummer24
    Options

huh?
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and started at 252. currently I am 170, with my goal at 152. when i get there i will re-assess. I may not ever get into the 30's because I do work out and have hefty leg muscles from biking. we'll see.
  • Hannova
    Hannova Posts: 50
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and am aiming for 155. I'm a size 8 at that weight and I look healthy. below that on my frame, I look far too skinny. Moreover, I think it's a weight I can maintain without driving myself crazy.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options

huh?
    refer to the rest of the comments here. LOL
    i was joshing with ya..but most of us who are 5'7 are NOT aiming for 125lbs..lol.
  • sjschewlakow
    sjschewlakow Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and currently weigh 175 (started at 208 back in May11) and my goal weight is 135. I am at my high school weight now. Would like to get to my college weight :D
  • karachlo
    karachlo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 145-150. I don't want to be smaller than a size 8. I tend to look sickly if I get smaller than that. Good luck on your journey!
  • skinnybysummer24
    Options

huh?
    refer to the rest of the comments here. LOL
    i was joshing with ya..but most of us who are 5'7 are NOT aiming for 125lbs..lol.

Well I'm a bit younger than most of you & that's where I'm kinda at.. I don't want to be in the 150's when all my friends are 5"7-5"8 and 120-130. I feel huge compared to them.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options

Well I'm a bit younger than most of you & that's where I'm kinda at.. I don't want to be in the 150's when all my friends are 5"7-5"8 and 120-130. I feel huge compared to them.
    Ahh..well perhaps you shoud restrict your comments to people in your own age bracket?
  • ErinIrwin
    ErinIrwin Posts: 10
    Options
    I originally had my goal weight at 125lbs, but I think around 135 would be alright. I guess the number doesn't really matter for me as long as I look good and stay healthy.
  • skinnybysummer24
    Options

Ahh..well perhaps you shoud restrict your comments to people in your own age bracket?

Well I was curious to see where everyone was at :) I didn't want to restrict to just my age.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    5' 7" went from 212 to my current weight of 161. My goal is stay between 154-157.