5"7 ladies?

Options

Replies

• skinnybysummer24
    Options
    I originally had my goal weight at 125lbs, but I think around 135 would be alright. I guess the number doesn't really matter for me as long as I look good and stay healthy.

I agree with this :) until I'm really satisfied with how i look, I'll be okay if it's not 120 or 125. :)
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Im 5.7, Im aiming for 150... Smaller than that and I look too gaunt.
  • lialuck13
    lialuck13 Posts: 58
    Options
    Hey :) I'm actually 5'8", but my goal is 130. I'm currently stuck @ 141. Feel free to add me!
  • luvnthenewme
    luvnthenewme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am an "old" 5"7' and aiming for 130 lbs. or size 8 pants....whichever comes first!
  • yoouperh
    yoouperh Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I think it has to do with bone structure, if you have a small frame, 150 is huge for you, but me, at a medium frame, 150 looks great, almost too skinny...I wish you luck in getting where you want to be! But also, don't be concerned about what your friends look like at what weight, you're beautiful just the way you are. If you are going to be happier at a lower weight, that's how you should evaluate your goal!
    Good Luck!
  • p1xelate
    p1xelate Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Before I had my daughter I maintained 130 for many years, both toned and not so toned but the scale didn't fluctuate much. There were times where I was 130 and too skinny and times where as someone else said looked ok with clothes on but not so much without. The lowest I have been since having my daughter is 150 and I was ok with the number but needed to tone. My goal is to get to a healthy BMI and work more on inches than on the scale. I *think* I will be around 140 since my body has changed I don't think 130 will happen again.
  • SarahR1984
    SarahR1984 Posts: 212
    Options
    I would like to be 135-140. I got down to 146 this summer and looked really good. I would happily take 140:) imo 120 would be way too skinny at 5'7'', esp if you want to have any muscles and not just be skinny. And you'll be happier if you don't compare yourself to your friends. Not everyone looks the same at the same weight.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I am an "old" 5"7' and aiming for 130 lbs. or size 8 pants....whichever comes first!
    i hear ya
  • JaclynnGail
    JaclynnGail Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and would love to be 130-135...at 138 now. I stayed between 120 and 125 in college, but I think that would look to thin for me now. Good luck!
  • missxjuicy
    missxjuicy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    my first goal is 150.- to 140 but well see when I get there. Im at 177 now and I think all u ladies at 140-150's look great. Im on a 1200 calorie diet as of now just need to work on exercising more. I started at 206 though. Its a journey.......
  • luve2luze
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and would love to WEIGH 148--in fact, that's my goal. If you knew where I'm coming from, you'd know why I'm saying that. I agree with the post that mentions body frame. I've always considered myself large, so at 148, I look great. I have weighed as low as 132, but only for about 10 minutes. I had to starvation diet to get there, and just couldn't hold it. BTW, I love being 5'7. I think it's the best height for a woman! Didn't Oprah, on one of her weight loss junkets, weigh 148? She's about 5'7" (I think), and when she's down in that range, she looks great. Don't stress about a number. If you feel great at 140, you're a lot better off than being 20, 30, or 50 pounds heavier.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I am 25, 5'7" and my goal weight is 140, I'll re-evaluate once I get there. I'm currently at 165.5, started at 231. I have a medium build, I was 160-165 in high school, I played rugby so being small was not recommended.
  • Mannequin0
    Options
    I'm also 5"7 and weigh 148 lbs. I'd like to weigh 120-130 but i think it depends on your frame /: lol do some research on google on girls with your frame (: That should help.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking around 150 give or take. If it is higher, around 160ish, and body fat is good I'd be happy though.
  • k_sharp
    k_sharp Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6"and a half and my gaol is about 135-145 I was around 140 in high school and before having kids even going through boot camp I stayed around 140. I got up to 180 and knew I needed to loose the weight! I'm at 159 right now and can't wait to get into the 140's and then reasess.
  • joconnor09
    joconnor09 Posts: 124
    Options
    I'm at around 213 now, and I'm looking to get down to 140-145. I'll probably want to lose more once I get there, but for now that's my big goal. It's in a pretty good spot BMI-wise, but I also have a bigger frame from swimming for 17+ years.
  • 500sheets
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 45 years old. I am around 160 pounds now and have a goal of being 145. I've begun perimenopause, so I am not expecting, nor wishing, to be the skinny 125 pound girl I was in my 20s. I LOVE my hips (and so does my husband). However, I desperately want to get rid of the "muffin top". So... if I can drop 15 pounds and fit in my size 8 jeans without the spill over at the waist, I believe I will be very happy. :) I believe that every stage of life has a different weight... and all of them can be healthy. While I am at my heaviest weight yet, my doctor said she is not concerned by the numbers because I have a larger build. By the way... I am an actress and, therefore, am asked to give my weight on my resume. If I say 160, casting directors imagine a much bigger person. So, I have 150 on my resume. I find it hilarious that people look at me and think I weigh 10 pounds less than I actually do. I am bringing this up because I want to point out how much looks can be deceiving. Be careful when comparing yourself to others AND understand that they may not be telling the truth when they disclose their weight. :) GOOD LUCK!
  • Babybirdganz
    Babybirdganz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my goal is 130. I weigh 138 now and I've changed my goal weight a few times. I think you just have to decide as you meet your mini goals what weight you really want to be :)
  • smd8833
    smd8833 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm 20 years old. I have always weighed 120 lbs, but I am at my heaviest - 130 now. I'm on my way back to a healthier weight. I have lost one pound so far lol. But I have a small frame and I have been feeling very unhealthy lately. I'm getting back into shape for myself. I really don't think the number matters because it's all about how YOU feel when you look in the mirror. :smile:
  • kirstydoeslife
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and a half - aiming for 120! Being 20 years old, I feel that I can reach that. A lot of my friends are tiinnnyy and and at 140, I'd probably still not feel all that comfortable in a bikini!