CHILL!!!

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

everyone else's first amendment rights aren't as important as my FEEEEEEELINGS!!!!!!!!
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

we saw someone quit today who was unable to carry on an adult conversation. who could not handle the topic being discussed with the maturity my 12 year old students possess.

Nobody EVER made any comments about the (former)member, they addressed the TOPIC. The crybaby ran away because they could not handle it.

Good riddance.

Feel free to bash me- I have a thick enough skin to handle it.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    :bigsmile: *giggling*
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Oh Dang, I must have missed something...

Listen, I'm about as sensitive as they come. Ask my DH - I can get my feeling hurt in a heartbeat. Ya know what I've learned? All that "sensitivity" is really a mask for anger ... I've spent my whole life feeling like it's easier to be "hurt" than it is to be angry. When someone was mean - I cried. When my ex hit me - I cried. When I was a single mom - I cried. And the WHOLE TIME I was crying... I was dipping my spoon in some ice cream.

When I made the decision to get healthy - it was a decision to get TOTALLY healthy - mentally, physically, spiritually... and part of that has been being honest about what I'm really feeling. If I need to get mad - I get mad. If I need to be sad - I get sad. What I don't do anymore is self-medicate with ice cream, chips, french fries, etc.

My point is this... I challenge those who are feeling "hurt" on the boards or those who are feeling "attacked" to really sit back and look at whether they "should" feel that way.

Is Dave blunt? Oh heck yeah! Will Dave tell you your full of crap if he feels that you're full of crap? Sure will... but in the same respect, I gotta tell ya - his "no bull" attitude makes his "Way to go"s seem that much more credible. When I post something and Dave says, "Wow - good job" - it always makes me feel good... because I know he's just as likely to tell me, "Quit complaining and get on the treadmill." I use Dave as an example because it seems that quite a few people have a problem with his bluntness... my suggestion? If you don't like reading what he has to say - skip over his posts.

Ok - stepping off my soapbox now. Carry on....
    WELL said!! Excellent post!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I am in complete agreement! :wink:

I agree and i might add that I am overly sensitive and have social anxiety disorder if something bugs me I don't read it as for dave I've always just taken him as a say it how you see it type person it's alot nicer to know where someone stands that to be lied to
    that's my 2 cents
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    :bigsmile: *giggling*

Come ON, Marla! You know you wanna. *peer pressure*
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    She made a thread because she was concerned and it was adressed in a complete and humilatting manner
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    She made a thread because she was concerned and it was adressed in a complete and humilatting manner

OH PUULLLEEEEZE
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    The TOPIC was being ridiculed. Nobody said "wow what an idiot you are because you believe everything CNN tells you. "

they pointed out the relative BS level being spouted by media.

If that's gonna make her eat, then EVERYTHING is gonna make her eat. And that's not anybody's fault but hers.

GIMME A BREAK.
  • Roxy34
    Roxy34 Posts: 146
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

everyone else's first amendment rights aren't as important as my FEEEEEEELINGS!!!!!!!!
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

we saw someone quit today who was unable to carry on an adult conversation. who could not handle the topic being discussed with the maturity my 12 year old students possess.

Nobody EVER made any comments about the (former)member, they addressed the TOPIC. The crybaby ran away because they could not handle it.

Good riddance.

Feel free to bash me- I have a thick enough skin to handle it.

You rock!!! :laugh:
  • Falcon

OH PUULLLEEEEZE

You may not see it that way. But I do. So we agree to disagree
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    who says I agree?

don't make assumptions for me!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

you see what I just did there? It was a sarcastic use of humor. It doesn't mean anything except "ha ha, let's have a laugh"
  • Roxy34
    Roxy34 Posts: 146
    So we agree to disagree

YES!! Lets all agree to disagree! :smile:

Good one Falcon! :drinker:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    WOW!:noway:

That is all.

On second thought.............
    No it isn't.

Get a life folks. It's a dog eat dog world. If you can't hack it in life or even on these boards because your afraid of getting your toes stepped on.......don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

I've been here well over a year and this crap never stops!!! That's why they say "The strong will survive,"

and we do.:smokin:

As Dave says...."DEAL"

As I say....."Got an issue? Here's a tissue. Move on"
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member

That is all.

No it isn't.

Get a life folks. It's a dog eat dog world. If you can't hack it in life or even on these boards because your afraid of getting your toes stepped on.......don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

I've been here well over a year and this crap never stops!!! That's why they say "The strong will survive,"

As Dave says...."DEAL"

gimme a tissue 4chsmu1.gif
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Omg, I LIVE with a spaz and it drives me NUTS! Spaz over things that are WORTH spazzing over. Not trivial, harmless, pointless, petty little things. Its just not worth it.

I spaz uite often, i'm a well know spazzer in my home. I spaz over the toilet paper roll being put on WRONG! :laugh: , I spaz over no one answering the phone but 15 people are sitting around looking at the damn thing, I spaz over tripping over cats on my way down the stairs, they don't realize I can fall faster than they can run.....wow, I need to chill!:laugh:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    I've been here since November and what I've seen is that if you don't agree with the more popular posters you'll get one of two reactions:

1. You will get a good debate.
    2. You will get snarky after snarky response that isn't a discussion and isn't an attempt to educate, it's just an attempt to completely negate the 'wrong' opinion and at times an attempt to make fun of the wrong opinion which CAN very much offend some people because some people take their opinion very personally.

It's interesting how people have so many different experiences in the same place but it's because we're all so different. :smile:

YES!!! She said snarky! Remember when that was my favorite thing to call you Dave!!:laugh:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member

That is all.

No it isn't.

As Dave says...."DEAL"

gimme a tissue 4chsmu1.gif

You don't need one JoJo! :laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    I've been here since November and what I've seen is that if you don't agree with the more popular posters you'll get one of two reactions:

1. You will get a good debate.
    2. You will get snarky after snarky response that isn't a discussion and isn't an attempt to educate, it's just an attempt to completely negate the 'wrong' opinion and at times an attempt to make fun of the wrong opinion which CAN very much offend some people because some people take their opinion very personally.

It's interesting how people have so many different experiences in the same place but it's because we're all so different. :smile:

YES!!! She said snarky! Remember when that was my favorite thing to call you Dave!!:laugh:

sure..I remember this morning:laugh: :laugh:

well...glad I didnt make you quit the site:wink:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    I think sooomeonnne on here neeeeds a xanax.

I'll give it to you for free.....geeeeze.
  • Falcon
    so you used to call Dave snarky?
  • I usually try to stay out of things like this. And actually, I'm not quite sure why I'm not. I just wanna say what I'm thinking so I can forget about it and move on. :ohwell:

Personally, I feel we should all try to find a middle ground. Being an overly sensitive person myself, I can totally understand where some members are coming from. It's one reason I don't post very often (aside from the fact that I rarely make time for the computer lately). I also do understand that this is an internet forum, and is open to the public, so there will always be a difference of opinon and everything should be taken with a grain of salt. I agree things got blown waaay out of proportion in multiple threads the past couple days. I think deleting one's account over what happened in the 'Swine Flu' thread was very over the top.

I also believe that bluntness definately has it's uses. Support doesn't mean always patting each other on the back and ignoring when people seem to be looking for excuses to slack and ease guilt. It also doesn't mean automattically agreeing with other's opinons and walking on egg shells so that no one gets hurt feelings. Sometimes "though love" is just what's required. Pushing ourselves is the only way to improve, both mentally and physically, and sometimes we need someone else to give us a little push.

BUT - I still feel that some posts I have read lately have been unnecessary. I'm not going to point out which ones, cause it really doesn't matter. Maybe they were only unnecessary in my opinon, which is part of the point. We all have different levels of what we feel is acceptable. And yes, maybe some peoples levels need to be elevated, but while none of us should feel we need to skirt around subjects to avoid causing a stir with the more sensetive members, does that mean that some understanding can't be given to them as well? It seems to me that it has all been "live with it, toughen up, deal", which is valid advice, but just as this is a public forum and so the more blunt members have a right to say what they wish, do not the other memebers have the right to enjoy themselves here as well? Can't we all just try to get along, and maybe take walk in each other's shoes?

I've seen this forum go through one exodus already, and I would really hate to see it go through another.

:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.