How has your weight affected your "love" life?

Options
NessasMommy081311
NessasMommy081311 Posts: 122 Member
So I don't know if I can post this, but I was just wondering, has anybody had less of a "love" life since gaining weight? Does that even really matter if you love the person? Same goes for if you have lost weight. :)

Replies

• KJVBear33
    KJVBear33 Posts: 628
    Options
    So I don't know if I can post this, but I was just wondering, has anybody had less of a "love" life since gaining weight? Does that even really matter if you love the person? Same goes for if you have lost weight. :)

I have always had a weight issue and havent dated hardly at all..........one person, thats it..........and he actually had OCD, lived an hour away from me, lived at home, and didnt drive..........it became too hard for us to see each other and we ended things. Other than that, no such luck..........*sigh*. I want someone in my life.........do not NEED them, but would love to have someone like that in my life.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I definitely, in more ways than not, have a lot more energy.
  • jackieb1977
    jackieb1977 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    definatly certain postitions have become uncomftable due to my belly getting in the way.lol. im hoping that once its gone we can get back to making babaies more regularly..lol:laugh:
  • Porcelain1981
    Porcelain1981 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yep as the weight increased my libido decreased, could pretty much chart it.

Positive side though is that having started to exercise again,it's on the up :happy:
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I dont wanna talk about it....lol
    ugh i cant even explain i feel so big and mushey and rollie pollie..and its so different then about 3 years ago when i was thin and nice looking lol.
    lets just say yeahhhh :/
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I think I've toned up pretty good after having my 3rd baby. My lovin has not changed-at all! My hubs lost 20 lbs and we are still the same-minimal action here:frown:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    what love life? :laugh:
    being over weight, no confidence, shy = foreveralone.jpg:sad:
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Yep as the weight increased my libido decreased, could pretty much chart it.

Positive side though is that having started to exercise again,it's on the up :happy:

THIS! Add to that the side effects of birth control and it's just no fun. I'm SOOO looking forward to the positive effects of exercise and weight loss in that department, for sure! RAWR!
  • SmashleeWpg
    Options
    I think I've toned up pretty good after having my 3rd baby. My lovin has not changed-at all! My hubs lost 20 lbs and we are still the same-minimal action here:frown:

Minimal action? Man, but you look inCREDIBLE! If I were a guy, just sayin'! Great work girl!
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I lost confidence as I gained, and that affected my libido. I think if I had known my ex would have been happy with me even with a bit more weight then I'd say it wouldn't have been a problem... but he wasn't okay with it, and I never even got higher than a healthy BMI, so I think I was just taking my ex's issues on as my own. Independent of him, I am fairly certain I would have been fine.
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You know what? I have no idea HOW but I've never been short of admirers. Even being 20 kilos overweight, I get plenty of action LOL... I must have super awesome kickass personality or something cos it sure as hell ain't my hot body :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I do get a little embarrassed when disrobing, but I seem to pick the kind of guys that don't care about that.
  • jjarrettc
    jjarrettc Posts: 14
    Options
    Yes, being about 80 lbs overweight has affected it quite a bit. Much less frequency since I am uncomfortable with certain positions. It's gradually getting better. Libido is also lower I think being overweight.
  • Whatamilike
    Options
    The good thing is that a 'nice man' sees the WHOLE us - not just the bits we think are ugly. My boyfriend prefers my BODY now - 7lbs heavier than when he first met me (I preferred my body then!) However I am still the same person no matter what the outside bit is and it's THAT he truly loves... And its the same me/him. :-)
  • SmashleeWpg
    Options
    The good thing is that a 'nice man' sees the WHOLE us - not just the bits we think are ugly. My boyfriend prefers my BODY now - 7lbs heavier than when he first met me (I preferred my body then!) However I am still the same person no matter what the outside bit is and it's THAT he truly loves... And its the same me/him. :-)

And that's awesome and I'm happy to hear that your man is awesome. BUT, and this will differ person to person, I know that I don't exude the same confidence now, 45 pounds heavier than I'd like to be and 30 pounds heavier than when I met my boyfriend 4 years ago, so I think that is a factor. Confidence is sexy, but if you aren't feel confident, you may not exude the same sex appeal that you did at a lighter weight.
  • kandyjay
    kandyjay Posts: 265
    Options
    what love life? :laugh:
    being over weight, no confidence, shy = foreveralone.jpg:sad:

Ohh I hear ya there
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend on this website actually :) But was single for 5 years before.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    My weight has never effect it - libido etc always has been high. It has however massively effected SOH and their confidence, so much so that it has ruined relationships.
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I've met my guy on here!!!
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options

Minimal action? Man, but you look inCREDIBLE! If I were a guy, just sayin'! Great work girl!

Agreed ;)