Poll: YES or NO? Saying "Great Job!" On Your Diary

Options
1234568»

Replies

• JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    That's true. I try to offer only positive feedback on someone's profile. If I can't be positive, I don't say anything. And if they ask my opinion, and it's negative, I will send it as a message.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I try to always comment when my friends have a post whether it be for calories burned or food diary. I think it is important to let your friends know you are out there for them and that you are thinking about them. The fact that they are on MFP and trying should be enough for a "good job" sometimes. I do view diaries if they are open to me and try to learn from them but I am not one to judge if they simply want my support and friendship.
  • Monti_e_lmt
    Monti_e_lmt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Personally for me, when I throw out a generic great job -- it's for actually logging, especially when I can't see the diary. When I first started, it was soooo hard for me to consistently log, so (to me) logging in itself is worthy of support. It's a start, especially for those at the very beginning. Besides, who am I to judge the quality of the food they are eating...I am certainly not perfect in my own choices.

On the other hand, once I have a friend that I know well and who is consistently logging, I'll be sure to give more specific praise when they deserve it. If they have a crappy food day, I'll be sure to give them a "tomorrow is a new day" or something like that. Personally, I never critique unless specifically asked ... because we are all here for the same reason because we've had the same struggle. And I absolutely hate getting that PM that says ... "Whoa! A little too much wine today." or "You went way over on sodium today good luck ever having abs." <--(it happened) ....I logged it, so trust me, I know :drinker:

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!! I appreciate the thought of someone taking a moment to message me. In my business, time is money, and we stay so busy I hardly get to talk. I need all the positivity I can get, I get nothing but negativity where I live. I hate it here I want to move someday.