anyone else sneak in workouts all day?

Options
124»

Replies

• wluyando
    wluyando Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I feel related !!! in my bathroom breaks I walk on the stairs to make my 10 floor on my fitbit hahahahahaha =) we are not alone !!!!!
  • erikjacki
    erikjacki Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Never thought about using my bathroom breaks this way... but I will now!!:happy:
  • kellyh2
    kellyh2 Posts: 64
    Options
    I do this too..... :-) I thought i was the only one. I do squats etc when going on a toilet break, waiting at the photocopier and also while I wait for my lunch to heat if in microwave at work :-) Definately makes me feel better x
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I do! I set mini goals every day. Yesterday was 100 pushups, the day before was 500 jumping jacks. I break them up in manageable sets and give myself all day to complete them in addition to my regular workout.
  • weight2go
    weight2go Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Take the stairs. Park futher out in the parking lot. Yes. Anywhere I can. Especailly days like this one when a regular workout :sad: is not on the list.
  • swycoff17
    swycoff17 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I do EVERYDAY! During my 25 minute lunch I'll hop on the bike for 10 minutes, or during my prep period I'll work out, and sometimes I get in some exercise with the kiddos too. (I should tell you I'm a gym teacher...so it's a lot easier for me to sneak in a workout haha) :-)
  • clairification
    clairification Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My office is a couple doors down from the mini gym at work, so I hit up the elliptical for 5-10 mins on breaks, it's a good quick burn. I also do stretches/leg lifts/mini arm work outs while watching TV. Every little bit helps!
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Waist Dancing in the car!!! lol
  • lisabruce12
    lisabruce12 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher (part-time at the moment), and it's important when I'm with the little ones to get down to their level when I'm chatting with them or giving individual instructions or assistance (and especially when discussing a behavioural issue). It's so fun/funny when the next day I feel like I've done a million squats and my butt/thighs hurt!

I teach kindergarten. I know exactly what you mean!!!!
  • lisabruce12
    lisabruce12 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I do! I set mini goals every day. Yesterday was 100 pushups, the day before was 500 jumping jacks. I break them up in manageable sets and give myself all day to complete them in addition to my regular workout.

That's an awesome idea! I'm always looking for daily mini goals. They seem to work better for mel.
  • scotthazel
    Options
    I've done this for years-clenching abs, etc. while pumping gas. At the printer or anytime I'm waiting in line, I do lots of one-legged exercises; squats (very shallow), calf raises, and so on. I'm older (mid-60s) and concerned about maintaining good balance as I age more.
  • nursegnet
    nursegnet Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I totally sneak in workouts whenever I can!
  • Arrica
    Arrica Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I work in a BIG hospital in KC and usually at least once in the middle of the night a few of us nurses will walk from the ground to the 5th or 6th floor. That's a ton of stairs and my legs are burning by the time we get to the top. We will sometimes do lunges down the hall too. :-)
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have a mini workout routine that I try to do at least 3 times a day. Desk/table push ups, squats, planks, sitting oblique twists, knee lifts. I even have a 10 pound weight that I use for bicep curls, wrist curls and tricep extensions.

The responses here has given me some ideas to add a few others.

Every morning at work we have a "stand up meeting" where we do stretches, safety tips and announcements. I want to get my strength up enough to do one legged squats before our meeting starts just to get the reactions from coworkers.:bigsmile:
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I have a food cart and had to run to the porta potty yesterday... when I got back, I busted out 20 jumping jacks because I didn't have any customers! I do it too!