all my sweets lovers: any tips on night time munching?

Options
1235»

Replies

• gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I drink hot chocolate before I go to bed most nights...and not that made with water sugar free stuff. One cup is 150 calories.......if I have more calories than that to eat I will have a sweet cream filled french toast by Ihop that is 210 calories.
  • fabulousfebe
    Options
    Try Larabars: They come in a variety of flavors (lemon bar, pecan pie, apple pie, coconut cream pie, chocolate pie, banana cake, etc.)- all natural-organic and really, really good! :drinker:
  • capikat
    capikat Posts: 1
    Options
    Try jello and cool whip or one gharadelli chocolate square (with red wine if you drink slowly it keeps your mouth busy for like an hour). Those are my treats :)
  • lolitsangela
    Options
    I heard the Skinny Cow candies are a good low-cal option for when you really really need something sweet. I usually turn to fruit, though. A fresh cup of raspberries is filling and tastes super sweet!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Nothing is like a well made cake or cookie! But I really don't crave those as much anymore...From Dr. Ben Kim's website I got the trick of eating apples when you really crave sweets outside of mealtime. There's sugar, but it's supposedly not enough to mess up your blood sugar at night, and the fiber helps regulate digestion.

I also use hard candy sometimes. Or gum (but I have to be careful because nutrasweet gives me headaches.
  • katiew00t
    katiew00t Posts: 164
    Options
    I drink a cup of chocolate almond milk before bed. If I have calories left, I'll eat a couple girl scout cookies, too.
  • skinnybysummer24
    Options
    I usually have sugar free pudding if it's really bothering me, or kettle corn popcorn! that usually does it, those two things, plus they're some of my favorites anyways :)
  • hmanderson
    hmanderson Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    For a sweet nighttime treat, I like the Double Chocolate Vitatop Muffins. Take it from the freezer, pop in the microwave for a couple of seconds and it is a lovely cake-like treat. The bonus is they are only 100 cals, full of protein and fiber. A healthy indulgence! :bigsmile:

I also will have the SF chocolate pudding or Jello and top with a bit of Cool Whip. And every night, hubby and I have chai tea with some creamer. That is often enough to take the edge off.
  • kookykel
    kookykel Posts: 15
    Options
    I have a frozen innocent smoothie that i eat with a spoon, which takes ages...no idea about the calories though