Options
    Amazing transformation!!!!
  • ChantelZf
    ChantelZf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You're just awesome!
  • manasunshine
    Options
    wow thats so great. keep up the good work!!
  • LuckBeWithU
    LuckBeWithU Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Even without your cute kid and the goat, you look so amazing...
    Be so proud.
    Inspiration for me...
  • smsavoy
    smsavoy Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    OMG, you look wonderful. Thanks for positing, you giving me some great motivations.
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    Options
    You've done awesomely! Congrats on how far you've come!
  • BlondieSyndrome
    Options
    Congratulations, what a achievement!

What are some of your favorie meals and snacks? I am struggling with weight loss, been at it for 3 weeks, lost 5 lbs the first week and now I'm not making any progress. I joined the gym a few days ago and feel like I should be seeing results by now especially since I've cut way down on my caloric intake, I am gettind discouraged.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Love this!
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    JAW DROP. You look beyond amazing!
  • MrsLehman24
    MrsLehman24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful...in both pics :)
  • arayajane
    arayajane Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!:happy:
  • sarahsmiles_04
    Options
    You look great. What exercise have you found is most effective for you?
  • arlenebunton
    Options
    what a difference - go you!!!
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    Fantastic job! Keep up the hard work.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, what a achievement!

What are some of your favorie meals and snacks? I am struggling with weight loss, been at it for 3 weeks, lost 5 lbs the first week and now I'm not making any progress. I joined the gym a few days ago and feel like I should be seeing results by now especially since I've cut way down on my caloric intake, I am gettind discouraged.

It's hard to know what might be going on for you without seeing your food and exercise diary but don't give up!! I had a pretty slow first month here too. I was expecting that huge initial loss and I think I only lost half a pound my first week! If you follow a healthy diet with a calorie deficit and add exercise to it, the weight will come off - even if it's on its own timetable.

Favorite snacks:
    half an ounce each of almonds and walnuts, square of dark chocolate
    greek yogurt + berries with a side of pistachios
    protein shakes
    carrots and broccoli and hummus or ranch (the real full fat stuff please!)
    tortilla chips and guac or hummus

Favorite meals:
    Well, I eat virtually the same breakfast 5 days a week: an egg fried in coconut oil, toast with peanut butter and jam, and coffee with half and half. On weekends we make steel cut oats, omelets, huevos rancheros, pancakes, hash.

Otherwise, most of my meals are homemade. Sometimes I have tuna on toast with cheese, but usually my lunch is leftovers from the night before. Today I had leftover Indonesian peanut bowl (brown rice, chicken, homemade peanut sauce, veggies, pineapple) for lunch, and dinner will be salmon with an avocado salsa on wilted spinach with a side of roasted brussels sprouts. I make pasta, stir fry, Indian food, etc. Pretty varied really! We subscribe to Cooking Light and Bon Appetit and make recipes from both almost weekly.

One of the biggest roadblocks to me starting a program like MFP is I thought I couldn't continue cooking good food. Ha! Turns out it's perfectly possible. Last Sunday I made braised short ribs, mashed potatoes, and kale with pearl onions. That meal has about 800 calories in it. So? I went on a long run, ate reasonably the rest of the day, and enjoyed my indulgent meal :) It all works if you make it.

Overall, almost none of my food comes from a box unless it's dried pasta. I am on a quest to eat more raw veggies but I eat a lot of them cooked. I do eat treats, though. peanut butter cups, mini health bars, a (weighed!) serving of ice cream. Beer. Mmm, beer.
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    absolutely amazing! great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!