50+ WOMEN FOR THE MONTH OF MAY

Options

Replies

• Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Anne..I loved that. The faces made it even better.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I'm so sorry I have not gotten on. I have been totally consumed with painting the mural on the side of my brother-in-laws bar & grill. I take pictures of it, put them on the computer and rework it, then make the changes on the building. and that takes so much of my time. I have never painted anything on this scale and I need it to look the best that I can. It’s a simple tropical beach scene but difficult in scale.

So, that is my sad story. I have managed to get some exercise in this week. It has been to wet to paint.

I don't know how you ladies can have a full time job and get a work out in. I was spoiled just having to worry about my small part time job. Now, I'm getting more work on the side.

My niece teaches at a dance studio and wants a yellow submarine for her dance number. I’m using washing machine boxes. My biggest challenge is making sure it stays up. She wants the kids to peek their heads out of the port holes. I can just see it falling down during the show. :noway: Then, I have a babies room to do. Typical baby animals and such.

OK enough of my whining. Actually, I am very excited that I am doing something I just love to do. It has been so long since I have used paint brushes. :flowerforyou:

On the bright side I have managed to stay the same weight and eat responsibly. That makes me happy. I finally get the whole routine. I just know I have to make time for my health. No eating junk because I don’t have time. I have to make time.

Oh and another thing I have been dealing with. Riding on the back of my husbands motorcycle. After I had that accident. I do not enjoy riding. It is just to traumatic for me. The young man is fine. But, I still relive the accident every time I ride on the back of the bike. I use to love looking at the house and such. Now, my eyes are glued to the road and other cars. I do that when I'm driving so I don't find riding on the motorcycle fun anymore. I'm not crazy about drive period now for that matter. Well, my husband was thinking of selling the bike. It's a beautiful black Harley Davidson Heritage Softtail, He loves it so. But, this just helped make up his mind. He does not enjoy riding alone. Well, he would if I didn't drive him crazy about the traffic. I just can't help it. People drive crazy today. Plus, really, how much longer are we actually going to use it. I want a little red car like Barbie. :blushing: Some kind of convertible :bigsmile: That's a little safer.

There I go whining again. Plus, Bosco can come along on our rides. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Ok, ok I'll stop now. I think I'm up to date.

:heart: Kathy
  • committed
    committed Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Kathy,

Wonderful to hear from you! I will have to admit I'm a little bit envious of your ability to paint. :bigsmile: There are a few in my family that do oil paintings of landscapes and objects, but nothing anywhere near the level that you are at. I definitely missed out on the artistic gene, I have to use a round object to draw a circle. :ohwell: Be sure and post a picture of your work when you are finished. Looking forward to seeing it.:happy: :happy:

We're having more rain here in TN today - we are under a threat of possible severe storms. I know there is a saying that the 3rd time is charm, but I definitely do not want to have to plant my garden for the 3rd time.:frown: Way too much work!

Today was a busy first day back at work which was a good thing- didn't have any time to think abut snacking on anything unhealthy, barely had a chance to eat half of my lunch but did manage to drink 4 cups of water I always use Crystal Light flavored teas to boost my metabolism. I find it's a lot easeir to consume the water when I use the Crystal Light or Lipton teas to give it some flavor only 5 calories at the most.:drinker: :drinker:

My neighbor who just recently got out of the hospital and is recovering from pneumonia got a favorable report from her Dr. today so she celebrated by sharing:heart: some grilled chicken and a nice salad made from home grown lettuce that someone had brought her and it was wonderful. :bigsmile: She hasn't had the strength to prepare meals so I've been taking her a meal each evening so she wanted to return the favor which was great for me. I had some vegetables already prepared so we traded and we all had a well-rounded nutritious meal without anyone having to to a whole lot..:happy: :happy:

Gotta run, brought work home so I better get on it!:grumble: :grumble:

Nancy:heart:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to Marilyn. I read your profile and we have some things in common. I don't have any human children,--just the two with 4 feet and a tail. I also have fought my weight all my life,:grumble: and as a only child, I am actively involved in watching over my parents.

I hope you will find this site as helpful as I have. This is a GREAT group of women, and I learn something every time I read the posts.
    The postscript to the weekend is that after participating in 2 bar b ques over the weekend, I am back on the wagon again. My exercising has been limited these past 3 days until the aches resulting from my attempt at bicycle gymnastics last Sunday have subsided. I STILL can't find my missing walking shoes, so I am going to find some subsitutes and try to walk tomorrow.

I have been concentrating on keeping as close to 1200 calories a day as I can, and today, I managed to AVOID :drinker: eating the home made brownies that my coworker, whom I have nicknamed "the busy baker" brought in to work. Whe I came into work for the afternoon, there was a brownie sitting on my desk,:devil: which I handed off to a young man who sits near me, who didn't have to be asked twice!:laugh: That brownie never stood a chance, but since HE ate it, I COULDN"T:drinker:

Later the brownie maker came to my desk to let me know there was one more left, but she didn't want to tempt me with it if I didn't want to have it. I told her I would pass, and we made a deal that if I make my 4th of July weight loss goal, she will bake me some more then. I can always eat one and pass out the rest, or freeze them and eat them over a long period of time.

One of the reasons, I feel I can continue on this quest is that I can plan ways to enjoy things I like without going overboard. Since I figured out how to keep from feeling deprived but still lose, I have no problems with binging, and I can decline unplanned goodies.:happy:

Good grief, I am watching the news, and there is a story about a botanist who is guiding trips into the wilderness to teach people how to eat weeds!!!:noway: I am a child of the 60's, so when someone talks about eating their "weedies" I must say it evokes a different picture than someone traipsing through the brush looking for breakfast!!!:laugh:

Well, I took a 2 + hour nap today during my mid-day break, so here it is after 10p and I need to hit the feathers. G'Night All:yawn:

Barb
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    I missed gettting on for one day and it's taken 20 mintues to catch up. :laugh:

Barbie - your trip up the West Coast sounds wonderful. One day maybe my husband and I will get to it. We have a nephew living in Portland so maybe it will really happen. For now, I need to plan a trip to Scotland for the Fall. My youngest is doing a semester abroad and that's all the excuse I need!:wink:

Barb- Sauvie Island also sounded fabulous. I'd never heard of it so I've added that to my mental list of places to see. Any luck finding the walking shoes?

Marilyn - welcome to this great thread!!

Kathy - so nice to hear from you. I missed you. I, too, am envious of your talent!! Sounds like you will be very busy. Please do post a picture when you've finished the mural.

Debbie - your exercise room was a great project! I just got Wii Fit. Not sure yet whether it was worth all that money. What kills me is that it places my age at 12 years older than I am and my "obese" (according to them) husband at 14 years younger. :mad:
    I tried a couple Yoga poses - the tree one is impossible, but I did very well on the Warrior one.

Nancy- I can relate to your comments about your artistic talent. :laugh: Have you ever played Pictionary? When we play with friends, I have to be with one of my family because I am SO bad that it wouldnt be fair to pair me up with an unsuspecting friend.:ohwell:

I've been sitting here too long. I need to move on and get active or this ticker will never move. I have a luncheon tomorrow and no idea what to wear, I am a little disappointed in myself that I coudln't get it togetehr to lose some weight by then. I may have to go to the hairdresser to make myself feel a little better. Camouflage the flab.:laugh:

Have a great day. Looks foggy and gray here in the Northeast.
    Zaza
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good morning Kathy. Glad to hear from you. I understand completely not liking to ride the bike...they scare me. About your comment on finding time to workout when you work full time.....It is nearly impossible. I get home from work at 5 to hear my kids asking me what we are having for dinner.
    (I wish they would wait at least until I have the front door closed). After dinner...dishes, picking up the house, etc. The only way I can get a workout in is to go there straight from work. Then everyone is angry that I am late, oh well....You know something is going to suffer. No way around it.

:flowerforyou: Nancy, I just love my Crystal Light. I guess that you are using the metabolism one? It is a peach flavor. I used my last packet yesterday...got to wait until tomorrow to get more. I drink 1/2 of my water with the flavoring and the other 1/2 plain water. Helps make it more interesting.

:flowerforyou: Barb, here's hoping that those shoes show it. Must be more frustrating to you since walking is all you feel up to doing.

:flowerforyou: Zaza, I have to hand it to you. It takes me 20 minutes to just catch up for the previous evening's thread. So much is being said. If you miss a day, you may as well forget whatever has happened.
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    GOOD MORNING ALL,

KATHY, SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THAT MURAL WHEN IT IS DONE. NOW YOU HAVE OTHER PROJECTS AND ALL ARTISTIC. NICE TO BE GIFTED AND BE DOING SOMETHING YOU LOVE. MY FRIEND IS 68 AND HER HUSBAND 70 IS STILL OUT RIDING HIS MOTOR CYCLE WITH THE FELLOWS, CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? SHE STOPPED A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO FOR THE REASONS YOU MENTIONED. GLAD YOU ARE HOLDING ON TO YOUR WEIGHT LOSS BY EATING THE RIGHT FOODS. GOOD GIRL!:flowerforyou:

NANCY, HOPE YOUR GARDEN WILL BE OK. I NEED A LITTLE FLAVOR IN MY WATER TOO. I DIDN'T KNOW CRYSTAL LIGHT DID ANYTHING FOR YOUR METABOLISM? I WILL LOOK FOR THE PEACH ONE?:drinker:

BARB, HOPE YOU KEEP FEELING BETTER EACH DAY.:smile: SO PROUD OF YOU FOR GIVING UP THAT BROWNIE TO YOUR CO WORKER.:flowerforyou:

BECKY, GLAD YOU LIKE THAT LIST. :happy: IT SOMETIMES HELPS TO READ OVER THE HELPFUL HINTS THAT WE ALREADY KNOW ABOUT BUT OFTEN PUT ON THE BACK BURNER.

WISH EVERYONE A HAPPY AND HEALTHY DAY.
    ANNE
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Hope everyone is having a great day. I am glad some of you are having nice weather. We are having cold, rainy, below freezing (at night) weather for the past couple of days as well as thundershowers today, tonite and tomorrow:grumble: So it looks like good weather to stay inside and do a good workout:smile:

Yesterday was my long day away and didn't get any intentional exercise in but I did manage to accomplish my goals I set for myself yesterday. Today I pledge to do a BLBootcamp workout, stationary bike and treadmill. I also have a date to clean out some more closets. For breakfast I had my usual healthy oatmeal, cinnamon and soy milk, berries and green tea. A big healthy salad is waiting for me in the fridge for my lunch so I am well prepared:laugh:

I was reading the previous posts I wanted to share with you concerning getting enough water in. I have discovered that I really like green tea so I get about 4 cups of that in over the course of the day in addition to my water intake. I have been reading some great info about the benefits of green tea so I am pleased with that:happy: Everything for the cause:happy:

Anne I absolutely love the "Ten Commandments to Permanent Fat Removal":bigsmile: I have printed off a copy to stick on my fridge and sent some copies off to some friends. Thank you for sharing:smile: I had a good chuckle over them all but in particular to #7:laugh:

Have a great day everyone. It gives me a wonderful and comforting feeling to know that no matter where we all are on the map we are all on the same journey. I feel honoured to be on this journey with such terrific people:heart:

Marie:heart:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Marie, I am so glad that we are beyond the freezing weather. I have all my houseplants outside now.

:flowerforyou: Anne, I would print out the commandments but I don't have a printer.:angry: The Crystal Light that I get is the to go ones. In little packets. It will say metabolism on the box. I think it has green tea in it and caffeine.
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Morning
    So -- Today I came in early to work so I could catch up on the thread and I posted my stuff and BAM it disappeared. My internet connection failed poof there it was GONE I wish my chubbies would disappear that easy:laugh:

Anyway since then I have been given a nice story to tell:

I went to pick up my fiscal year end stuff at the accountants. The receptionist called the tech to bring down my box of files. She came in to the reception area and stood there looking all around, seemingly right through me. I waved and said Hi Well, she did a huge double take and said "I didn't recognize you - you're so skinny!!" I haven't seen her since last year at this time because most of the business is over the phone. Of course I'm not skinny by any means with still 65 or so to go but boy o boy that made my day!!

I'm actually up 2 lbs but I have my special lady time so I'm sure they will disappear by the weekend. Hopefully taking a few of their friends:laugh:

My bil is home from the hospital and getting stronger. YAY

Today after work I'll take my daughter to practice for the Dragon Boat Race. Its at a man-made lake near here so while she is paddling I'll walk around the lake (5 km) with a friend. I am so looking forward to it. The sky is blue and the air is finally warm!! Life is good:bigsmile: - at least for today!!
    I even had a little hummingbird at the feeder today. Sure sign summer is near.

ANNE - thanks for the commandments - I have posted it on my desk - beside all your other words of wisdom. I wish I could stick it to my fridge but it 's the kind that doesn't hold magnets - How did I let that happen!! Even the fridge art has no home anymore. My laptop is finally in for repair so soon I'll be able to sign on at home and keep the motivation up that this thread gives me.

Today I will:

Drink my water
    walk 5 km
    eat healthy
    count my blessings

Heather
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Heather, doesn't it make you feel so good when your weight lose is noticed. I have had two co-workers tell me that I had better stop that I am getting too thin. NOT !!! They both are so skinny. So, it wasn't like they are jealous. I just said that I would think about after another five pounds or so.

I made a banana smoothie for a snack and then I came here to log it. I was shocked. Bananas have way too many calories. I learned my lesson. But I have exercise enough that I think I will be alright.
  • Benson
    Options
    Thanks Swiss

I was also shocked about bananas but better than a chocolate bar :bigsmile:
    I'm okay with the calories but the carbs always take me over my daily total

Heather
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,995 Member
    Options
    YIPPEE !!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

We’re home again. Jake drove 435 miles on Wednesday to get us home a day early. There’s no place like home. We’ve been busy non-stop. After the long drive, it was a challenge to find the time to meet my goal of walking 10,000 steps. I had two phone calls to make near bedtime and I rode the exercise bike during one of the calls, and walked up and down the hall during the other one.

:flowerforyou: Nancy
    thanks for the info on your thunder cake. It sounds yummy and like something I would love a lot although I’m not sure I would even dare make it.

:flowerforyou: Barb----you are such a good daughter to spend your day making sure your parents got to an event that was important to them. Sure, you had a good time, too, but your first thought was of them and how you could be useful.

:flowerforyou: Marilyn, welcome to the greatest group of women. This group has been such an inspiration to me. I’ve learned a lot from them and they’ve “listened” to me in a way that my everyday friends can’t. I hope you’ll become a regular contributor to our group sharing. We’ve driven past Hiouchi Hamlet a lot but never stayed there because it was too close to Eureka which was our ultimate destination. We lived in Eureka, California for a long time and then in Anderson for awhile before moving to Washington.

:flowerforyou: Anne----good for you, going to Weight Watchers even though you knew you’d gained. A support group isn’t just there to celebrate your success. You need to show up all the time. You are such a good example for all of us. I loved your ten commandments especially the one about mapping out the restrooms.

:flowerforyou: Vicki----you’re so lucky to have a husband who encourages and participates in going to the gym. Losing one pound is great. Just keep doing what you’re doing and the pounds will add up.

:flowerforyou: Becky----we love our travels. A motorhome seems like a safer place to be than a tent. I don’t think I’d go camping in a tent by myself and I don’t drive the motorhome, so this is something I’ll be doing only as long as Jake is willing and able to drive. I love bananas and try to find a space for one with my Isagenix shake or with my cereal. I usually have one a few days in a row and then don’t buy them for awhile. Bananas and apples are just about the only fruit I eat.

:flowerforyou: Marie, your aching muscles will thank you for working them hard. You’re right, they can only get better.

:flowerforyou: Debbie, your exercise room sounds great. Congratulations to your daughter on her graduation from high school.

:flowerforyou: Kathy, all your painting sounds wonderful. The RV park we stayed in for two weeks was behind the Harley Davidson store. We went in one day and looked at all the motorcycles. There were some really beautiful ones. I’ve ridden on the back of a few motorcycles and never got the “rush” that so many people get. I didn’t feel unsafe but I didn’t feel relaxed either. You could buy a nice convertible for a lot less than the cost of some of those Harleys.

:flowerforyou: Heather, that’s great that someone noticed your weight loss. Let that be a motivator to keep going. I like your plan to walk while your daughter is paddling.

I have piles of laundry all over my house. I don't know how many calories you burn doing laundry, but I've been active.

Big hugs, :love: :love: :love: :love:
    Barbie
  • committed
    committed Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone hope you have had a good day! My day hasn't been the greatest but I've had a lot worse so I won't complain. I blew it though- a little too much stress and I reached for the M & M's.:sad: :sad: I will do better tomorrow:smile: I bought some sugar free chocolate candy so if I get the urge for chocolate I will make myself go for the right ones. I don't know if you're familiar with the sugar free chocolate candies, but if you eat too much you will have undesirable digestive issues.

:drinker: :drinker: For my water flavoring I use the Crystal Light Peach Green Tea which is supposed to boost metabolism. I'll have to confess I am caffeine addicted and most of the time I combine 1 package of the Energy boosting Wild Strawberry flavor with a package of the Peach Green Tea I love the combo and it keeps me going. I've been drinking this for about 3 months. I also have about 4 to 5 cups of coffee a day. I usually try to have a couple of glasses of plain water a day especially when I'm doing physical work although I tried a new Crystal Light today that I really like it's the Mandarin Flavor Red Tea. It's a very mild flavor and It says it has health benefits plus I think it contains caffeine too. :blushing: :drinker:

I guess it's no wonder that I'm a night owl - a carryover from when the twins were born - they were premies and had to be fed every 1 1/2 hours so I got used to going on 4-5 hours sleep a night.:yawn: :yawn: After they got through the early stages I would stay up a couple hours after I got them to bed to enjoy quiet time for myself and after 25 1/2 years I've never out-grown it.:laugh: :laugh: I usually bring work home so I get a lot done at night without interruptions and this reduces the stress of trying to meet deadlines during the work day.:ohwell: :ohwell: With the current economic times every day seems to be more demanding, but I am very thankful that I have a decent job and will count my blessings :heart: as well as my calories :bigsmile: and be thankful that I have good health other than my high blood pressure which I am keeping under control with medication and by losing lbs.:bigsmile:

Well back to work - just received another e-mail needing info. for special projects I best get on it - tomorrow will be crazy since it is the last work day of the month and dealing with all of the special project requests before the month end close process begins and the end of the month reporting. The life of a "bean counter".:laugh: :laugh:

Nancy:heart:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Nancy, thanks for letting me know about adding the Energy drink to the Metabolism one. I can use all the calorie busting help I can get. I really have found that drinking things like this has helped.
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    GOOD FRIDAY MORNING ALL,

THE WEATHER WAS GREAT THIS MORNING FOR MY WALK. WITH ALL THE RAIN,I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET OUT AS MUCH AS USUAL. HAVE BEEN DOING GEORGE FORMAN'S WALKING DVD INSTEAD. WALKING TIME IN PLACE IS JUST NOT THE SAME.

MARIE, YOUR DAY IS SUCH A HEALTHY ONE, GOOD FOR YOU.:happy: GLAD YOU LIKED MY LIST.

BECKY, THANKS FOR THE INFO.

HEATHER, YOU ARE WELCOME, THE DESK SOUNDS FINE TO ME. ANY PLACE YOU CAN SEE SOMETHING THAT HELPS MOTIVATE YOU IS OK. I KNOW THE FRIDGE IS OUR FAVORITE,BECAUSE IT STOPS YOU AS YOU REACH TO OPEN THAT DOOR. MY "FAT" PICTURE STOPPED ME LOTS OF TIMES. GLAD YOUR BIL IS HOME AND GETTING STRONGER. HOW GREAT WHEN YOU SEE SOMEONE FOR THE FIRST TIME AFTER LOSING WEIGHT. THEY ARE ALWAYS SO SURPRISED AND A COMPLIMENT IS JUST WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED. :smile:

BARBIE, WHERE DO YOU GET ALL YOUR ENERGY FROM? JUST GETTING HOME AND DOING SO MUCH, I WOULD JUST FLOP ON THE COUCH. GLAD YOU LIKED THE 10 COMMANDMENTS. WELCOME HOME, THERE TRULY IS NO PLACE LIKE IT.:heart:

NANCY, SORRY YOUR DAY WAS NOT THE BEST. IF YOU HAVE CANDY IN THE HOUSE FOR OTHERS, TRY ASKING THEM IF YOUR HOUSE CAN BE CANDY FREE FOR AWHILE. MY DOWNFALL WAS THAT BRICK OF ICE CREAM. MY FAMILY, BLESS THEM, AGREED TO DO WITHOUT IT FOR MY SAKE. IF IT IS NOT THERE , YOU CAN'T EAT IT. I ALSO LIKE CAFFEINE, BUT MY HEART RACES IF I DRINK TOO MUCH OF IT. I STILL HAVE MY TWO CUPS OF COFFEE IN THE MORNING. GLAD YOU ARE WORKING ON YOUR BP. :flowerforyou:

I WILL END WITH THIS QUOTE FROM A DOCTOR.

" YOUR BODY IS THE BAGGAGE YOU MUST CARRY THROUGH LIFE. THE MORE EXCESS BAGGAGE,THE SHORTER THE TRIP"

:heart: :heart: ANNE:heart::heart:
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies,
    So good to hear from so many of you. Thanks for all of the encouragement. Well I did it. I went out last night with the girls and my friend brought my brownie cake I wanted. Oh it is so hard to describe how good it is. Melt in your mouth is all I can say. It even smelled good when I opened it. BUT, I ate my one piece and that was fine with me. I even had to bring it home cause nobody else wanted it. I will bring to my grandchildrne this morning. I am so proud cause I could really have eaten the whole thing.
    For those of you talking about your chocolate. I am a chocoholic. I bought me a bag of Hersery Bliss dark chocolate and put it in the fridge. I allow myself 3 pieces per day. I dont always eat them but they are there if I need to . i add them to my calories each day and it gives me just enough of that chocolate that I do not have to cheat. In fact the girls had some M&M's the other day and when I tasted one I did not even like the taste any more ( and I used to eat loads of them) Just an idea if you like chocolate. I am going to granddaughter's award ceremony today at her school. It is her last day.

My daughter who graduated last week accepted a teaching job yesterday. Glad that is done so she can relax and enjoy her summer.
    Talk to you ladies later.
    Vicki
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All:

I'm back! 2 1/2 weeks of visiting with family, attending a college graduation (in 111 degrees for 6 hours), visiting Yosemite National Park a couple of times! It was a good trip and now I've come home to some yard work and other chores to catch up on. I"m so thankful for our wonderful neighbor who took care of our cats and yard.

I missed this thread and all your encouragement. I scanned a few pages and saw where (I think it was Zaza) someone said that it took 20 minutes to read all the posts for just missing one day. Oh my --- I don't have the time to go back 2 1/2 weeks so I feel kind of out of it. Welcome to all the new posters that I have missed. This is an awesome group of ladies.

I'm off to the gym. Hope everyone has a great day.

Esther
  • Benson
    Options
    Morning all

Glad your back home barbie - I know what you mean about the laundry everywhere - but I've been home all along:laugh: That's just my life - Saturdays are made for housework:grumble:

Its another beautiful day here. Well ladies I made it all the way around the lake last night. I felt great eventhough my heel is killing me. There were so many people - all shapes and sizes out there doing something good for themselves. It felt just great and inspiring to be one of them! At one point, I wanted to stopbecause of my foot, and there in front of me, coming the opposite direction, was a little old lady and her dog. The lady was moving along with her WALKER - no socks - no laces in her shoes but there she was doing it. I said to my friend - alright that's it I CAN do this. And I did:bigsmile:

Mmmmm chocolate!!! I bought a bag of Giardelli (??) 70% dark chocolate chips the last time I was in the states (we don't have that here) and each chip is 8 cals. but sooo worth it. A few of those beat the craving for me.

Tomorrow is the Dragon Boat Race - I'll be there supporting my daughter and between races I'm going to walk around the lake again. I know I'll have to medicate but if I go slow I'll make it. I tried putting a cushy insole in my left runner but it made my shoe fit differently and I got a stupid blister on the back of my heel - Can't win for losing!!

Vicki - congrats to you daughter and your granddaughter - I love awards ceremonies - my kids don't because I always cry and embarrass them:blushing:

Today I will:
    Walk for 20 minutes
    drink my water
    eat healthy meals and snacks

I'm really worried about the weekend. It seems that I am not as strong as I would like to think. I don't know how my motivation morphs into that 'I don't care" attitude so quickly.

Have a great day

Heather
    p.s. My husband got some great shots of our golden while out fishing (while I was working:grumble: ) I'll have to take the time to learn how to post them so you can see my beautiful boy (dog not husband:laugh: )
  • Benson
    Options
    Ester - Welcome back I had missed the post that said you were going away and I was worried we lost you!! You must have posted today while I was because I have to keep stopping to answer the phones etc., so sometimes it takes me half an hour to finally post my reply
    Glad you had a good trip

Heather