stay at home moms?

Options

Replies

• ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I was a SAHM for many years then I was married and I still was a stay at home mom until my kids were both in school. Then when I got a divorce and moved back home I became a single stay home mom again for a while until I found a job and went back to school. By then both my kids were school age and I had a lot of great help from family and friends. Then I was remarried and I continued to work until we moved then my oldest son stayed with my parents to finish out his high school years and my youngest moved with us and I became a stay at home mom and wife again and have been for many years a long with my two almost grown children and my four legged furry critter I don’t mind staying home and taking care of everyone.

It is going to be a sad day though this year for my youngest will be graduating and then it will just be and the four legged furry critter at home. :sad: :smile:
  • mynewself
    mynewself Posts: 22
    Options
    sahmomma here in ohio! i have four ranging from 13-1 so if i am not chauferring,cooking,cleaning,referreeing or just plan & simply hugging, i have to get my me time/exercise in!
  • bjhadden
    bjhadden Posts: 120
    Options
    SAHM to 3...we are in VA for now. Hubby is Army, so we are PCSing soon. Not sure to where yet. It is hard to stay home and not eat out of boredom. Once summer comes we will be out playing most of the day and that will keep me from wanting to eat nonstop.
  • Schuyler
    Schuyler Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Mom to boys here in North Carolina! 2.5 years, 1 year and another one coming, due in August. I lost 65 lbs last year on MFP! Can't wait to get to goal after this baby is born :)
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    I am a SAHM and I homeschool here in MO.
    Yes, it is hard to get it all in ( housework, workout, meals, shopping, activities, animals, schoolwork, grading ) but we do the best we can.
    Currently, I have an outbreak of pink eye I am dealing with...UGH!
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Do you guys find it hard sometimes, during down time, not to snack? Sometimes I walk to the kitchen and have the urge to grab something! Ha!!!

All the time! I'm snacking now on a huge bowl of blueberries and will have a bowl of cereal while the kids are sleeping too. I have 3 kids-7, 5, and 2. My oldest is in school.
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Stay at home mom to an 18 month old little girl and I teach from home a few days a week too.
  • Willpowerofsteel
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom! I have three boys, older 2 are in school but I'm with my toddler all day.

I totally find it hard to resist snacking during the day. Snacking is my nemesis. It is hard to have to prepare snacks for my kids when I'm not hungry and don't need one myself...soooo easy to nibble right along with them!!

Other moms, please add me as a friend! I'm a newbie to this site (did WW online and Livestrong before, so not new to tracking/weight loss) and I want more friends!!
  • Amom2Two
    Amom2Two Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM of two, one girl 10 and a boy 7. I find the evenings after they go to bed extremely difficult to not snack.
  • Willpowerofsteel
    Options
    Stay at home mom to two boys ages 6 and 8.5. My husband is wonderful in supporting me through my fitness regime. I get a lot of "me" time because they're in school. When people ask me what I do I tell them "I gym" :tongue:

Looking forward to those days!!! I am so bad at waking up for my 5:30 am classes...but that's the only time I can fit it in. I also take & teach pole dance fitness in the evening but it's not cardio, so I have to get creative for that. In a few short years I'll have all day to workout...maybe multiple times!
  • jeaninemckinney
    Options
    Sahm...michigan! 2 in school 1 home all day crazy as ever! Oh and a dog my huge doggy diesel! Its so hard to actually have time for yourslf and workout! The eating isnt terribly hard for me but thats depending on the day! Its hard to cookies or ice cream in the house for them without me wanting to eat everything! And i think stress levels sometimes andnnot getting enough sleep make it pretty hard to lose weigh aswell! Well atleast were all on the right path! We can take it off and keep it off it just takes more effort on our part! Good luck! :-)
  • TMcMillan
    TMcMillan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    HELLO!!! I am a SAHM with a 7 year-old son and an 18 month-old daughter. I am working on my 2nd Masters degree. This time I am majoring in Education to become a mathematics and social studies teacher.

Although I do not work I am a very active volunteer...it is hard finding time working out. My plan is to start working out early in the morning before my son goes to school.
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Did I miss the stay at home dad thread? :) My daughter is 3. I plan my workouts for when she is in preschool (9am to 12pm) or during nap. We eat healthy as a family, so I am never tempted to eat any of the "kid food". Snacks for her are almonds, cashews, cheese, vitamins, fruit. I try and make it a point to go to the playground at least once a week (good activity for both of us!). Anyways, I do all the cooking, cleaning, laundry, dishes, yardwork, gardening, car maintenance, bill paying, grocery shopping, etc so I consider myself a stay at home mom, i mean dad :P
  • KimKramer
    KimKramer Posts: 44
    Options
    Did I miss the stay at home dad thread? :) My daughter is 3. I plan my workouts for when she is in preschool (9am to 12pm) or during nap. We eat healthy as a family, so I am never tempted to eat any of the "kid food". Snacks for her are almonds, cashews, cheese, vitamins, fruit. I try and make it a point to go to the playground at least once a week (good activity for both of us!). Anyways, I do all the cooking, cleaning, laundry, dishes, yardwork, gardening, car maintenance, bill paying, grocery shopping, etc so I consider myself a stay at home mom, i mean dad :P

:) That is AWESOME!! way to go, your daughter is very lucky to have you!
  • Kayla165
    Kayla165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids Hayden who is 4, Michael who is 3 and my baby girl Kamryn who is one. I am also a full time college student.
  • twilightobession
    twilightobession Posts: 102 Member
    Options

I totally find it hard to resist snacking during the day. Snacking is my nemesis. It is hard to have to prepare snacks for my kids when I'm not hungry and don't need one myself...soooo easy to nibble right along with them!!

What I try to do is buy snacks that I do not like, so I don't eat them.

Sometimes when I buy my snacks the kids get into them and then I am left with nothing. So I have started hinding my snacks. lol. My healthy snacks are so much more expensive than their regular snacks are. I do try to keep apples, oranges and bananas around so they can snack on some healthy snacks. When they want more snacks because they are hungry I tell them to drink a glass of water first and they have to wait so long before they can go get another snack and usually it has to be a healthy snack when they do.
  • momof2winsplus
    momof2winsplus Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Do you guys find it hard sometimes, during down time, not to snack? Sometimes I walk to the kitchen and have the urge to grab something! Ha!!!

What's "down time"??? just kidding ;-)
  • garp4
    garp4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey there, SAHM to 4 boys in AL.

Oldest turns 9 this month, twin 7 year olds, and a 22 month old. I had planned to go back to work when the twins started school, and found out a week after they started that I was pregnant!

We were under a tornado warning on Friday, but only got rain and wind.

Lots of twin mommies here!
  • Mandy_Pandy
    Options
    Whew! Got my run in while the baby napped! Now, we're off to play outside for a bit! It's a GORGEOUS day...a touch windy but so pretty! See you guys in a bit!
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Overlord of the house. I have 2 jesters and 4 furry acrobats. :) I live san jose, Ca I have a 3 and 4 year old. It's so hard not to "help" them finish their plates and snacks :bigsmile: